Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe on UFOs / Orbs / Aliens

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe on UFOs / Orbs / Aliens

Post by Philip »

Astrophysicist Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe:

In the last few years, stunning photos and videos, from military and government sources around the world, have captured UFOs that appear to defy physics in maneuverability and speed. And so what used to be just a topic driven by sci-fi hoaxes,tabloid newspapers and movies is suddenly a one drawing serious inquiry and analysis by NASA and the world's top government officials. There is much speculation about what they might be. Hugh Ross recently weighed in on what the evidences from the best-documented sightings and photographic evidences suggest about them.

Hugh Ross interview on modern UFO / orb sightings – Are they REAL?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8X18TxfQUw

Given the vast distances from even the closest planetary system likely to have conditions that could support life – which orbit our closest star, the red dwarf Proxima Centauri. And traveling at the speed of LIGHT, it would still take 4 years of travel. And light travels about six trillion miles in a year. So, the idea that alien craft are commonly visiting us is absurd – because traveling 24 trillion miles (and that’s just from the closest known possible planetary system in the “Goldilocks Zone”) to get here presents physical impossibilities – as there are all manner of very fast-moving objects, asteroids, comets, and various large and small debris that would be unavoidably encountered, with the likelihood that any spacecraft traveling at such speed for years would be obliterated upon impacting such and object – and that this would simply be a matter of how long it goes how fast. In fact, our space station, even in near-earth orbit, must constantly be concerned about the dangers of catastrophic collisions with even small objects. So, even if light-speed technologies existed, faster spacecraft would actually mean far-greater danger of being destroyed. ALL physical beings and objects within our univers are all subject to the very same physics, parameters and hazards.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe on UFOs / Orbs / Aliens

Post by Fliegender »

Interesting interview with Hugh Ross but he’s mostly preaching to the choir, so to speak. I doubt any atheist will be convinced by Dr Ross because atheism is mostly fuelled by emotion, specifically in hatred of the idea that God exists.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Hugh Ross of Reasons to Believe on UFOs / Orbs / Aliens

Post by Philip »

Flie: "... atheism is mostly fueled by emotion, specifically in hatred of the idea that God exists."
Flie, that's my observation as well. I mean, you don't believe Christ or Allah, Zeus and whatever false gods exist, and yet you're gonna become hyper-focused on refuting belief in the Christian God? They're never concerned with whatever pantheist god, etc. - it's always Jesus and Christianity they rage over! And so something they don't believe even exists is nonetheless a huge, dangerous threat to them. And so they don't want anyone else to believe either. But it's always Jesus they protest - and not just protest, but get downright nasty and constantly attacking Christians. I'm thinking, okay, you don't believe God exists, and yet it's abundantly clear that belief in Him brings people much comfort, hope, and much worldwide charity,disaster relief, and good works come from those believing in Him and His teachings - and yet, this "non-existent" God is somehow such a threat to humanity that one would obsess over and constantly spew venom and hatred toward Believers? I'd say they are working overtime and very diligently on maintaining their unbelief - because, psychologically, they know that if they are wrong, they are in massive eternal trouble, and thus obsess over proving themselves right - which shows me their spiritual insecurity. But why, of all the so-called gods they could rage against, do they focus on Christ, the true God? It's clear why!