Need some updates on the Blog

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Evan
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Framework

Need some updates on the Blog

Post by Evan »

Good afternoon, everyone. I've been a semiregular visitor of God and Science for several years now, appreciated it for its wisdom and industriousness (even if I didn't fully agree with it), and simple like the old-timey feel of it. It's, however, been about a year or more since I last visited, due to life getting hectic for long-term, and now that I've started paying more attention to it I've seen that, hey, the site's gone! The forum's still up (evidently), so I just wanted to approach you guys directly and ask what changes/developments I've missed over the last year. Thanks ahead of time.

- Evan.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Need some updates on the Blog

Post by Philip »

Hello, Evan. The site is now under new ownership and it will soon be in transition to a redesign - hopefully in the next few months, with the old articles coming back, along with new ones - explained a bit here: viewtopic.php?p=253750#p253750. It's just going to take some time, as I will have to work on the project - as there's a lot to accomplishing it. Thanks for frequenting us. And by all means, begin commenting or asking questions as you desire.

Thanks,
Philip
sareefbaccha61
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by sareefbaccha61 »

If they are ranking very well be careful and try not to change to much at once, also make sure you give them at least a year to rank.

One of my early sites started having some posts rank after 3 months, I had the posts lengthened and changed to much and they ended up falling off the SERPS, site ended up never being successful so make sure to be patient. That was a very expensive lesson for me.
jimummy989
Newbie Member

Post by jimummy989 »

I last visited, due to life getting hectic for long-term, and now that I've started paying more attention to it I've seen that, hey, the site's gone! The forum's still up (evidently), so I just wanted to approach you guys directly and ask what changes/developments I've missed over the last year. Thanks ahead of time.

- Evan.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

jimummy989 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:19 am I last visited, due to life getting hectic for long-term, and now that I've started paying more attention to it I've seen that, hey, the site's gone! The forum's still up (evidently), so I just wanted to approach you guys directly and ask what changes/developments I've missed over the last year. Thanks ahead of time.

- Evan.
Just look around. The site is under new ownership and there are plans to update / redesign and add back articles that were originally on it - like about the Trinity, Was Jesus God, etc. It's taking a lot more time than anticipated, as I've been very busy with other things since taking over the site.

Thanks,
Philip
RevZombagger
Newbie Member

Post by RevZombagger »

Just wanted to register and post here with encouragement

Transitioning a website is a ton of work. This is also an extremely important endeavor, though. Many people have had their faith strengthened by what was posted here over the years, myself included!

Keep up the good work!

In the meantime, did you ever host an archive/copy/backup of the original anywhere?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Thanks for the encouragement, RevZombagger. Yes, I do have the original articles that were also posted to the original site - like on the Trinity, Jesus is God, etc. And my plan is to re-post these once I can get to the redesign. I've had so much going on since I took over the ownership, that I've just not gotten to the redesign yet. A huge challenge was / is that the site needs to be redesigned per a modern, WordPress platform - as the original site was created with a different type of programming language. And I will repost those old articles in the new format. But a redesign will require me to make a hybrid site with the discussion forum being in the current phpBB format and the re-posted articles and new design elements being in the new WordPress format. I hope to get to it in the next several months. There simply is no easy way to convert the absolutely MASSIVE discussion forum to a Wordpress format. One of the reasons I decided to take the site over is I felt that this discussion forum has countless tremendously important discussion threads on a wide range of important, spiritually related topics. I lot of theologically knowledgeable people have frequented the site over the years, bringing many important insights. Yep, the site has seen its share of silliness and fun conversations as well - which is good. But I simply didn't want to the powerful discussions surrounding its Christ-centered mission to forever disappear - and there's nothing wrong with some fun and humor as we do this.

Philip
maldiv097
Newbie Member

Post by maldiv097 »

When you update an older post in WordPress I add the new date and it's asking to schedule it. That works best for my theme. Hashtags in the blurbs or click to tweets, etc.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

maldiv097 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:43 am When you update an older post in WordPress I add the new date and it's asking to schedule it. That works best for my theme. Hashtags in the blurbs or click to tweets, etc.
Not sure what you mean.