Why the Palestinians are unlikely to desire peace.

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Why the Palestinians are unlikely to desire peace.

Post by Philip »

Here is a key reason why the Palestinians are unlikely to make peace with Israel - and it has to do with what their children are taught about Israel from a very young age: https://calthomas.com/columns/kushner-peace-plan-doa
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Why the Palestinians are unlikely to desire peace.

Post by edwardmurphy »

Another is that Donald Trump moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Still another is the Trump Administration's extreme bias. It's tough to mediate a dispute when you're obviously 100% in support of one of the combatants and are really only interested in getting the other to give up and accept that they lost. A third is that Jared Kushner is the least qualified "diplomat" that we've ever sent over there.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:59 pm Another is that Donald Trump moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Still another is the Trump Administration's extreme bias. It's tough to mediate a dispute when you're obviously 100% in support of one of the combatants and are really only interested in getting the other to give up and accept that they lost. A third is that Jared Kushner is the least qualified "diplomat" that we've ever sent over there.
You are joking, right?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed: It's tough to mediate a dispute when you're obviously 100% in support of one of the combatants and are really only interested in getting the other to give up and accept that they lost.
So just what exactly would the Palestinian authority consider WINNING?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I don't know what they're currently after. It seems to vary, depending on who's in charge, how Israel is behaving, and so forth. That said, it's pretty clear that they're not interested in being bribed into letting Israel make all the rules.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

The reality is, the Palestinians are not for making any peace agreement that acknowledges Israel's right to it's current borders.