The biblical flood date

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: The biblical flood date

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:Audie and ACB picking up right where they left off!!!

Some things never change.

:twodancing:
How wrong you are. Im just twitting him for being so silly.
Flood =dust is kinda funny, dont you think?
Oh, so when you've been gone, you got your law degree, and picked up a sense of humor along the way?

See...miracles do happen!!!

:pound:
When will you learn to tell a joke? That one about the tiny canadian was racist.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

Oh, so when you've been gone, you got your law degree, and picked up a sense of humor along the way?

When will you learn to tell a joke? That one about the tiny canadian was racist.
Racist? You do know that Canadian is not a race, don't you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

You do know that Canadian is not a race, don't you?
Um, millions of tan-challenged hockey fans who think summer isn't supposed to last more than five days would likely disagree, eh? :lol: (So says the Scotts-Irish boy who gets burned in five minutes in the sun :cry: )
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
You do know that Canadian is not a race, don't you?
Um, millions of tan-challenged hockey fans who think summer isn't supposed to last more than five days would likely disagree, eh? :lol: (So says the Scotts-Irish boy who gets burned in five minutes in the sun :cry: )
You and I are both WASPs, so that automatically makes us racist.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Really, I next to never think about my own race, unless someone has a problem with it - which is a VERY different thing from someone having a legitimate problem with something I've done or said. People who have a problem with someone's RACE, actually have a problem with GOD!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Philip wrote:Really, I next to never think about my own race, unless someone has a problem with it - which is a VERY different thing from someone having a legitimate problem with something I've done or said. People who have a problem with someone's RACE, actually have a problem with GOD!
What kind of problem with God do people have, when they spread the false word that He committed a vast atrocity with a world wide flood?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:
Philip wrote:Really, I next to never think about my own race, unless someone has a problem with it - which is a VERY different thing from someone having a legitimate problem with something I've done or said. People who have a problem with someone's RACE, actually have a problem with GOD!
What kind of problem with God do people have, when they spread the false word that He committed a vast atrocity with a world wide flood?
So you have no problem with evil people then and call God a murdered to rid the world of evil way back then and then blaming him for not stopping it today y:-?

Wow...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Hi Audie
God did Not commit a vast atrocity with a world-wide flood. When a person reads the Scripture portion that deals with the flood -- God had let the people do their own thing and finally got sick of the brutality, far-reaching sinfulness that the people had gotten into. He warned the people through Noah and his family of the coming consequence of their sinfulness and all the people did was laugh at them. So -- the flood waters came /just as predicted and people died in their sinfulness -- just like the Scriptures warn us -- we are all sinners and the wages of sin is physical death. But the gift of God is salvation being made available / possible by doing what God tells us to do. Their physical 'salvation' was in the ark. IF the people had Listened to God's Word as presented over time, through Noah and his family -- they Could Have been 'saved' along with the others.
The 'world' with people in it got destroyed along with the People in it. As the result Of their Unrepented Sinfulness.

When will you know the results of the Bar Exam you took?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Or, mankind had sexual relations with fallen angels, and had children who were half demon.

So God destroyed all the demon spawn.

So say some.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
So you have no problem with evil people then and call God a murdered to rid the world of evil way back then and then blaming him for not stopping it today y:-?

Wow...
-
-
-
That would be quite the viewpoint. But no, that is a bad guess, its not me.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

THAT WAS THE WRONG ANSWER!!! The only right answer is, "That's okay. Everyone's a ritter bit lacist."
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

That's just your WASP privilege speaking. You racist.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

THAT WAS THE WRONG ANSWER!!! The only right answer is, "That's okay. Everyone's a ritter bit lacist."

Not me. I know what's best.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

So Audie
What IS best.
You Still apparently feel that God should be blamed for destroying the lives of horribly evil people? Why blame God? Because He created people with the freedom of choice / with Choice comes consequences or rewards For those choices. When people Choose to do the evil and they've been warned about the consequences and Still continue, well, the end result Probably Won't be pretty.
The same thing holds true Today -- we Continually do the same thing They did -- we have Gods' warning about the results Of our sinfulness. Yet, we get mad at God for even suggesting an everlasting time in hell ---- well, we Are the sinners and He Has provided a way to stay out of hell. So why don't we simply accept His way of staying out?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Audie wrote:Not me. I know what's best.
Of course. You're ( :( ) Your answer is always best. It's a gender thing. I can say that, because I'm a happily married man. Were I not happily married, I couldn't say it, because not saying it woulld be the direct cause of me not being happily married. And were I not married I couldn't say it, because unless and until you live with one who always knows what is best, you cannot appreciate the gravity of this truth. But since I am, in fact, happily married, I can say with authority on slightly less than Scripture on the one hand and you on the other, that you certainly know what is best.

That's why I was correcting Rick. Trying to help him out, you see--maybe he will be more happily married now. ;)
Last edited by Jac3510 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.