Poland Rises Against Islam - Fr.Miedlar addresses the March For Independence, 11 Nov 2015 (Eng subs)

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Poland Rises Against Islam - Fr.Miedlar addresses the March For Independence, 11 Nov 2015 (Eng subs)

Post by Kurieuo »

Someone recently sent me this video:

Thought it's interesting enough to post here.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Poland Rises Against Islam - Fr.Miedlar addresses the March For Independence, 11 Nov 2015 (Eng subs)

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:Someone recently sent me this video:

Thought it's interesting enough to post here.

Yes very interesting...

Face of things to come...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Poland Rises Against Islam - Fr.Miedlar addresses the March For Independence, 11 Nov 2015 (Eng subs)

Post by PaulSacramento »

Those that do not learn from history are prone to repeat it.

Look at the last Islamic expansion, how it went, see the many similarities, learn from it and then realize what it took THEN to stop them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

PaulSacramento wrote:Those that do not learn from history are prone to repeat it.

Look at the last Islamic expansion, how it went, see the many similarities, learn from it and then realize what it took THEN to stop them.
The jihad didn't really stop, it just ran out of money around the early 1600s. And so it was put on ice for about 300 years.

It wasn't until the discovery of oil in the middle-east that jihad has returned almost to it's former glory as a dire threat to the west. Except this is the 21st century: frontlines are history. The real battles of today are fought in the hearts and minds of people, and the war is for the soul of the West. Does it still belong to Christ, or will it belong to Allah?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Hortator wrote:Does it still belong to Christ, or will it belong to Allah?
It actually seems to be trending toward Option C - neither.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

edwardmurphy wrote:
Hortator wrote:Does it still belong to Christ, or will it belong to Allah?
It actually seems to be trending toward Option C - neither.
We always expect to see what we want to see. This is called «Confirmation Bias».

To see what is actually there isn't natural. You can see evidence of Confirmation Bias in most threads as soon as you are aware of it...

y:-B

PS...for the record, I don't think Horator's question is relevent here.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I was basing my comment on polling and census data. During one of my many arguments with B.W. I wanted to know what percentage of the United States was Christian, or at least self-identified as such. I looked it up and discovered that it was actually quite a bit lower than I'd thought - something like 75% and trending downward. I did a bit more research and found that the trend is the same throughout most of the developed world. I didn't check to see if the people leaving Christianity were converting to Islam, but come on...

So I went with C.