Atheists: Does anything attract you to Christianity?

Healthy skepticism of ALL worldviews is good. Skeptical of non-belief like found in Atheism? Post your challenging questions. Responses are encouraged.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Atheists: Does anything attract you to Christianity?

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Because you have faith, Audie...
You have equivocation game
No because you, Ken, and Ed every single day take a blind leap of faith as well as live by that blind leap, Audie...
"FAITH" has a lot of definitions and shades of meaning. Now you've added assertions, and two metaphors.

Why would I think you've improved on your original bit of equivocation fallacy?
Because you live by blind faith... and cannot prove otherwise.
-
-
-
Whatevs.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
You have equivocation game
No because you, Ken, and Ed every single day take a blind leap of faith as well as live by that blind leap, Audie...
"FAITH" has a lot of definitions and shades of meaning. Now you've added assertions, and two metaphors.

-
-
-
Whatevs.
You are correct you are the real one playing a equivocation game, not me.

You live by blind faith everyday. So does Ken and Ed. You mock blind faith by presenting equivocation fallacies and yet you all remain blind to the faith you live everyday.

Everyday, you get up out of bed, get ready for your day Audie, and walk outside. The moment you walk outside, you step into the realm of pure blind faith.

Oh, you schedule your day, make plans, work towards some future all based upon pure blind faith that you will succeed in these ventures every time you step out the door. Most cases, all goes and turns out well and you return home safe and sound all on this blind faith.

Yet, Audie, neither you nor me really knows what the heck can happen when we walk out the door. You could have a flat tire, break your toe and their goes all your plans you planed by faith to do, wreaked. You or I could go to a planed and well scheduled doctors appointment only to find out serious diagnosis that lays havoc to our lives. All the plans, all the smug arguments go to the wayside.

It takes blind faith to plan for the future, schedule your day, budget our money and time, visit friends, take a road trip, a vacation, go to school but such blind faith as this cannot and will not let you escape reality that there are things that come and will ruin your best planned days, Audie.

You, Ken, and Ed live by blind faith that cannot prepare you for any real future no matter how smart and smug the comebacks.

Christians do not live by blind faith. We know full well life will ruin the best lain plans. WE just base our trust in a living savior who, no matter what may come our way, will see us through the darkest of times as well as the best of times. WE know a living person in the realm of reality of day to day living and we know him and are known by him.

The only way to be sure Audie is for you to stop your equivocations and find out for yourself by coming to Christ Jesus and experience this yourself. There is no other way. For those of us who have come to Jesus, we did not do so by blind faith, or in need of a crutch, or because we are weak willed and stupid backwards and ignorant twits as the militant atheists portray Christians too be. We simply found Christ Jesus to be as real as the sunrise and sunset of the day. Go to him and you will find him. Continue to reject him and well be rejected...Fair is fair.

How???

What does that matter to you with your constant equivocations that oppose knowing without proof? Hmmm, you live without proof that you will return home safe each night then hen peck christian faith???

You see Audie, you live by total blind faith when you make plans and schedule your day, or change your plans in midstream to visit or go out with friends. What happens if you do not make it back home and an accident hits you - stop being smug in you answers about this because such blind faith you have will not save you nor get you through. Blatantly, if you are to die in the next 24 hours and wreaks your plans and days - what of it Audie?

You live by the same blind faith you mock Christians as having and are truly blind to this. Audie there is absolutely no equivocation game by me in this because neither you or I knows for certain if we will make it back to our homes during our days.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:

-
-
-
Whatevs.
You are correct you are the real one playing a equivocation game, not me.

You live by blind faith everyday. So does Ken and Ed. You mock blind faith by presenting equivocation fallacies and yet you all remain blind to the faith you live everyday.

Everyday, you get up out of bed, get ready for your day Audie, and walk outside. The moment you walk outside, you step into the realm of pure blind faith.

Oh, you schedule your day, make plans, work towards some future all based upon pure blind faith that you will succeed in these ventures every time you step out the door. Most cases, all goes and turns out well and you return home safe and sound all on this blind faith.

Yet, Audie, neither you nor me really knows what the heck can happen when we walk out the door. You could have a flat tire, break your toe and their goes all your plans you planed by faith to do, wreaked. You or I could go to a planed and well scheduled doctors appointment only to find out serious diagnosis that lays havoc to our lives. All the plans, all the smug arguments go to the wayside.

It takes blind faith to plan for the future, schedule your day, budget our money and time, visit friends, take a road trip, a vacation, go to school but such blind faith as this cannot and will not let you escape reality that there are things that come and will ruin your best planned days, Audie.

You, Ken, and Ed live by blind faith that cannot prepare you for any real future no matter how smart and smug the comebacks.

Christians do not live by blind faith. We know full well life will ruin the best lain plans. WE just base our trust in a living savior who, no matter what may come our way, will see us through the darkest of times as well as the best of times. WE know a living person in the realm of reality of day to day living and we know him and are known by him.

The only way to be sure Audie is for you to stop your equivocations and find out for yourself by coming to Christ Jesus and experience this yourself. There is no other way. For those of us who have come to Jesus, we did not do so by blind faith, or in need of a crutch, or because we are weak willed and stupid backwards and ignorant twits as the militant atheists portray Christians too be. We simply found Christ Jesus to be as real as the sunrise and sunset of the day. Go to him and you will find him. Continue to reject him and well be rejected...Fair is fair.

How???

What does that matter to you with your constant equivocations that oppose knowing without proof? Hmmm, you live without proof that you will return home safe each night then hen peck christian faith???

You see Audie, you live by total blind faith when you make plans and schedule your day, or change your plans in midstream to visit or go out with friends. What happens if you do not make it back home and an accident hits you - stop being smug in you answers about this because such blind faith you have will not save you nor get you through. Blatantly, if you are to die in the next 24 hours and wreaks your plans and days - what of it Audie?

You live by the same blind faith you mock Christians as having and are truly blind to this. Audie there is absolutely no equivocation game by me in this because neither you or I knows for certain if we will make it back to our homes during our days.
-
-
-
"Whatevs" means "whatevs" not "write a treatise that I wont read".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie,

B. W.'s "treatise" aside, I really find it difficult that an intelligent, scientific and logically minded person such as yourself can't see that the evidence for God outweighs the evidence against Him.

I'm probably half as intelligent as you(on my best day), but I have no problem understanding that logically, God must exist? What's blocking your mind from believing in God?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:Audie,

B. W.'s "treatise" aside, I really find it difficult that an intelligent, scientific and logically minded person such as yourself can't see that the evidence for God outweighs the evidence against Him.

I'm probably half as intelligent as you(on my best day), but I have no problem understanding that logically, God must exist? What's blocking your mind from believing in God?

"Rain check" on that one.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:It takes blind faith to plan for the future, schedule your day, budget our money and time, visit friends, take a road trip, a vacation, go to school but such blind faith as this cannot and will not let you escape reality that there are things that come and will ruin your best planned days, Audie.
Nope, faith isn't a factor. I understand that there are no guarantees. Also, if you think that "all dressed up and nowhere to go" is a persuasive argument then you still don't get it. If you want to understand you need to listen more and preach less.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

edwardmurphy wrote:
B. W. wrote:It takes blind faith to plan for the future, schedule your day, budget our money and time, visit friends, take a road trip, a vacation, go to school but such blind faith as this cannot and will not let you escape reality that there are things that come and will ruin your best planned days, Audie.
Nope, faith isn't a factor. I understand that there are no guarantees. Also, if you think that "all dressed up and nowhere to go" is a persuasive argument then you still don't get it. If you want to understand you need to listen more and preach less.
"Tty to desist from odious fabrications about people you dont know "

That would improve his game too.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Faith isn't a factor in my belief of God any more than that of an Atheist. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:Faith isn't a factor in my belief of God any more than that of an Atheist. ;)
How would you know?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Faith isn't a factor in my belief of God any more than that of an Atheist. ;)
How would you know?
The same way you know.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:

"Whatevs" means "whatevs" not "write a treatise that I wont read whoever only Ed and Aduies treaties are to be permitted to read.

Would like a ban Audie?

This is a form for two way discussion. Since you will not read and discuss there is no reason for you to be here.... Your tone is hostile and bigoted.

So for that we'll dish it out.

PROVE THERE IS NO GOD...

PROVE IT ...

-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Audie wrote:"Tty to desist from odious fabrications about people you dont know "

That would improve his game too.
Agree! We here on the forum do not know you and, yes, you are filled with odious fabrications...

PROVE THERE IS NO GOD...

-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:
Audie wrote:

"Whatevs" means "whatevs" not "write a treatise that I wont read whoever only Ed and Aduies treaties are to be permitted to read.

Would like a ban Audie?

This is a form for two way discussion. Since you will not read and discuss there is no reason for you to be here.... Your tone is hostile and bigoted.

So for that we'll dish it out.

PROVE THERE IS NO GOD...

PROVE IT ...

-
-
-
Thunder and threaten as you like, shout impossible demands and insult me, I will not respond again to anything you say.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
How would you know?
The same way you know.
So may I take it that you dont go about your daily life in a state of blind faith?

Would you find it to be an unpleasantly stated untruth if I asserted that you do?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
How would you know?
The same way you know.
So may I take it that you dont go about your daily life in a state of blind faith?

Would you find it to be an unpleasantly stated untruth if I asserted that you do?
`Yes` (I don't) to the first, and `Yes` (I would) to the second.