Paris Terrorist Attack This Evening

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Paris Terrorist Attack This Evening

Post by Philip »

Per the Paris attacks: So, WHO still thinks we don't need to have a handle upon our borders, who is here, and being very careful about who we let in / who is here NOW - whether temporarily or permanently? And not just for the U.S. I hope some now see how while we try to be compassionate, we nonetheless must realize the immense danger our borders and not having a better handle on this issue presents. You cannot have BOTH security and a haphazard immigration and border policies. And just wait until somehow a small, dirty nuke is smuggled in, or a major city's water supply is poisoned, etc. BTW, this is NOT just an issue of the southern U.S. border, but also of the Canadian border and our coastlines.

Now Paris has a mandatory curfew, state of emergency, and has closed its borders - and this is just ONE attack. I feel for the law-abiding immigrants, as I well see huge anger and backlash in Europe where so many immigrants and refugees have been allowed in in large numbers. Watch what the result will be in Germany.

Have FAITH! God is STILL in control!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Paris Terrorist Attack This Evening

Post by RickD »

This is just awful. Horrible. I really have no words.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
winningedge101
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by winningedge101 »

I'm really not caught up on this stuff. Is this because of the influx of immigrants to Europe?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

In the - Muslim woman hugs protester - thread and elsewhere on the forum the dangers of Islam was mentioned.

The west faces a Muslim invasion by immigration supported by progressive leftist playing the smugish pull the heart string card.

Folks, we live in dangerous times. The face of islam is not good. This may soon happen in the USA.

Very sad day :(

Not much one can say...

y[-o<
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Way to take the high road.
winningedge101
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by winningedge101 »

I'm going to be honest guys I seriously think the crap going on in the world recently is just screaming conspiracy. If the left seriously thinks that there will be no consequences for us letting a bunch of Syrian refugees in then I don't know what to say. As children of God we're supposed to love and take care of our fellow man but letting them in is almost guaranteeing something bad to happen. Does anyone else feel this way? This is tragic by the way.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

We don't have information yet on who these terrorist were,
Keeping in mind the terrorists who attacked at Charlie Hebdo were born and bred French citizens.
Before we make this into an attack against the refugees lets get the details first.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

At least so far, no one has attacked refugees or blamed them one bit.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

According to this article:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/14 ... -in-paris/
one of the terrorists was a young French man, and one had a Syrian passport.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

edwardmurphy wrote:Way to take the high road.
Yes you are right, the political left indeed takes the high road...

Friday morning same day before the attack:

OBAMA: ISIS IS NOT GETTING ‘STRONGER,’ WE HAVE ‘CONTAINED’ THEM
Read about it here or watch the archive:
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/ ... ined-them/
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

What is the high road ? What is the correct response, IYO ed. ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
edwardmurphy wrote:Way to take the high road.
Yes you are right, the political left indeed takes the high road...

Friday morning same day before the attack:

OBAMA: ISIS IS NOT GETTING ‘STRONGER,’ WE HAVE ‘CONTAINED’ THEM
Read about it here or watch the archive:
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/ ... ined-them/
-
-
-
Have them contained, huh?

Who is writing the president's speeches? Who is feeding him this garbage?

John Kerry also said "we are winning", regarding the war with ISIS.

We don't need arrogance, overconfidence, and underestimating ISIS.

When I heard that Obama said that, then the terrorist attacks happened, it just made me sick.

I hate that it took this to happen, but maybe it's a wake up call for us all. We need to get serious with the eradication of ISIS.

No more insulting them by saying we're winning, or calling them the jv team.

No more rhetoric. Just action please. Before this happens to us again.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
What is the high road ? What is the correct response, IYO ed. ?
Maybe not immediately politicizing a tragedy before we even have a detailed picture of what happened? Perhaps not looking at this event and instantly thinking "How can I use this to advance my agenda?"
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

ed wrote:
Maybe not immediately politicizing a tragedy before we even have a detailed picture of what happened? Perhaps not looking at this event and instantly thinking "How can I use this to advance my agenda?"
This isn't an answer ed, it's personal rhetoric attacking. I didn't ask for an answer that was "maybe not this" or "perhaps not that" ... i asked : what is the high road? Your definition, not a construct of, or deriding of another's.
What is the high road ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Food for thought:

What does it mean to do good for your enemies?

If often is not what we think.

Rebuke is often good, so is chastisement...

However... in Luke 6:27 the context as well as the word translated enemies is defined better as personal enemies. The word translated good in the text refers and means doing what is functionally the best course of action to take and in the context, to win one's personal enemies to Jesus, which is the functionally the best course of action to take.

It necessarily does not mean be kind to those who desire to kill, murder, rape you and to a christian to practice avoidance when it comes to protecting the weak and innocent from harm. It has to do with defending the faith against those closest to you who oppose the christian faith - to be kind to them in order to win them to Jesus.

Luke 6:27-38 has been largely misapplied. Let's look at the goodness Jesus to the Pharisees...

Mat 23:2,13,14,15,23,25,26,27,29 - Mark 8:15 - Luke 18:10,11,12,13,14

Now look at Mat 23:24 and then at Matthew chapters 26 and 27. Jesus seeks to win over his opponents. The leaves them a choice and if they refuse: John 3:36 and 2 Th 1:8,9 is clear...

Let me give you a decent analogy on Luke 6:27: you have hostile co-workers who hate Christianity and seek to set you up to fail. Doing good to them will pour, someday, coals of fire upon their heads.

Next, your country is being invaded by stealth by those who seek to establish a Geo-political-theocracy of oppression, extermination, hate, and death. Is it functionally best to let them have your country, enslave your children and brutalize people. How is that pouring coals of fire upon their heads, how is that winning them to Jesus Christ?

Fact is, it does not. Neither is it defending the poor, widows, orphans, the defenseless either.

Psa 82:1-4, "God stands in the congregation of the mighty; He judges among the gods. 2 How long will you judge unjustly, And show partiality to the wicked? Selah 3 Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked." NKJV

Note also: Proverbs 24:11-12 - Exodus 23:6,7,8,9

We live is a fallen world and in that fallen world there are enemies who desire a people/nation - dead.

Recently Iran's state news agency IRNA, 192 members of Iran's parliament declared: "The martyr-nurturing nation of Iran is not at all prepared to abandon the slogan of 'Death to America' under the pretext of a nuclear agreement."

These folks as well as ISIS chant death to Israel, the West, and America too and by it do not mean in the least only political leaders and policies as the France attack points out as does all terrorism attacks.

Those Syrian refuges need to be returned by force to Syria or a Muslim country. I have no problem in retraining the small Christian and other faiths population that were made refuges by the murder of their population groups. But when at least 75 percent of the refuges are men of military age - something is not right. The folks do not want to assimilate into a host nation but rather want host countries to assimilate to sharia ...
POLL: 51% of US Muslims Want Sharia Law – Ominous Levels Of Support For Islamic Supremacists’ Doctrine of Shariah, Jihad Center fr Security Policy, June 2015
We are heading into dark times... pacifism is not an option.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: