Declining

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Declining

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Many places such as Uk are declining but places in Middle East, Africa and Asia. Why is it declining in Europe and other places in the west. I mean US it's still pretty high.

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/amer ... landscape/

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/reli ... 2010-2050/

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/reli ... rcent/all/
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Re: Declining

Post by SoCalExile »

Some are taking this as a sign of, "wheat being separated from chaff" and are not bothered by it.

Myself? Well we are told this will happen.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Hmm.... I can't help wonder if its science people are leaving that with this new tech there is possible no way for a God. Than again many religions have experienced up and downs
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

I think it`s declining because often it`s easier to be selfish. Easier to reject God and all that entails.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Storyteller wrote:I think it`s declining because often it`s easier to be selfish. Easier to reject God and all that entails.
No offends Storyteller but I was wondering how do u feel about Uk decline in Christianity?
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

None taken :)

How do I feel about the decline of Christianity in the UK?

In a word, sad.

It`s more ridiculed than being opposed. It`s viewed as happy clappy kind of stuff. Or being deluded.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Storyteller wrote:None taken :)

How do I feel about the decline of Christianity in the UK?

In a word, sad.

It`s more ridiculed than being opposed. It`s viewed as happy clappy kind of stuff. Or being deluded.
DO u think that's just a trend? I mean China and many places in Asia, Africa and the middle east are increasing so do u think it's just a trend? I mean many still do have the sense of a brief in God.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I seem to be meeting more and more non believers who deride my faith BUT those I meet that do believe are incredibly strong in their belief.

I hope that we can all show those who waver, or don't believe, through who we are, that faith in God is not some crazy, whimsical idea but something so truly beautiful and perfect that so many can't believe it's true.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

something so truly beautiful and perfect that so many can't believe it's true.
Yes, this is it isn't it. How can it be so purely obvious to some and completely non existent to others... it is anathema... :flyingspaghetti: and eternally damning. Our prayers are the only thing between them and hell and they don't even realize the danger their in. Imagine though, the joy those will feel in heaven when they are saved by those who love them and God, and God's mercy prevails those whom He can.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

you think it will stop since it is growing many other places
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

No, I think it will dwindle to just a few but that few will be true Christians.

Then, I think it will spread.

What we have in Christ is something we need to share. With love and respect. Humility and grace. With passion.
Its no good just teling people, we need to show them, and sometimes thats the hard part.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Storyteller wrote:No, I think it will dwindle to just a few but that few will be true Christians.

Then, I think it will spread.

What we have in Christ is something we need to share. With love and respect. Humility and grace. With passion.
Its no good just teling people, we need to show them, and sometimes thats the hard part.

Yea, has a Christan, I get sick and tired of these street preachers who only use hell to get people to accept people. I am not sayimg we shouldn't talk about Hell but I'm saying we should talk about how loving God is and how he has a special bond with us
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Indeed.

We shouldn't overlook the utter desolation of Hell but we need to temper it with the complete love for God.
God is love, not Hell.
God is so totally, mind blowingly, impossibilly, perfect in His love for us, all we have to do is accept that love.

It's when we reject even the idea of the possibility that such perfection exists that we encounter Hell.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Storyteller wrote:Indeed.

We shouldn't overlook the utter desolation of Hell but we need to temper it with the complete love for God.
God is love, not Hell.
God is so totally, mind blowingly, impossibilly, perfect in His love for us, all we have to do is accept that love.

It's when we reject even the idea of the possibility that such perfection exists that we encounter Hell.

So just to clear it up you think this decline will somehow result in a reform in some way and Christianity will bounce back because it seems to have hit Europe much harder than the US or Latin American. Wonder why Europe thought.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

More people, I guess.