OSAS

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
OnceSaved
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

OSAS

Post by OnceSaved »

Once Saved, Always Saved

True or False?

What does the New Testament say?

2 Pet. 2:20-21, 1 Cor. 15:1-2, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, Heb. 6:4-6, Rev. 2:10, Rom. 8:12-13, Heb. 3:14, 1 Tim. 1:19, Rev. 3:5, Luke 3:9, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 10:26-27, 1 John 3:6

I personally do not believe that you're saved if you don't persevere till the end.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: OSAS

Post by RickD »

Your profile says you're not Christian, so what does it matter?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Your profile says you're not Christian, so what does it matter?
Well, he was once saved so what does it matter what his status is now? :poke:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:Your profile says you're not Christian, so what does it matter?
Well, he was once saved so what does it matter what his status is now? :poke:
Touché. :pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

There were many debates on OSAS on this board. Try the search.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

I call for a ban on any newbie that asks a question from Christians. Give them a happy response and ban them, that way they don't ask no more joke questions. Yeah, that's the spirit of Christianity, good job fellow Christians.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

And here is commentary to Heb.6:4-6
http://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-6.html

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Lonewolf wrote:I call for a ban on any newbie that asks a question from Christians. Give them a happy response and ban them, that way they don't ask no more joke questions. Yeah, that's the spirit of Christianity, good job fellow Christians.
There are question that are valid for an unbeliever to ask, questions about how one reconciles pain and suffering with an all-loving God, did Jesus really live and was He resurrected? things like that.
But when a non-believer asks a question based on doctrinal interpretation, like the "once saved, always saved", a question that is debated by theologians and has been for a very long time, one wonders WHY a non-believer would ask a question that even the TYPICAL believer doesn't ask...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Lonewolf wrote:I call for a ban on any newbie that asks a question from Christians. Give them a happy response and ban them, that way they don't ask no more joke questions. Yeah, that's the spirit of Christianity, good job fellow Christians.
Lobosolitario,

Usted que necesita para relajarse.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Have you been eating hamburgers tacos, burritos & empanadas made from mad cows?

FL y3:-O
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

PaulSacramento wrote:
There are question that are valid for an unbeliever to ask, questions about how one reconciles pain and suffering with an all-loving God, did Jesus really live and was He resurrected? things like that.
But when a non-believer asks a question based on doctrinal interpretation, like the "once saved, always saved", a question that is debated by theologians and has been for a very long time, one wonders WHY a non-believer would ask a question that even the TYPICAL believer doesn't ask...

Paul, it occurred to me that maybe Once Saved could be struggling with his faith. That's one thing. The second thing is that yes I'm sure just about all kinds of topics and questions have been debated and/or answered here, but I don't believe that a person who has been invited to the forum needs to be dismissed with such short answers, not even in a jokingly manner. For one, we really don't know the why of this person's questions and, are we to close the Bible book and say to people seeking answers, well, it has already been spoken of a million times already, so go read what was said before. I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable with neither position (1) jokingly dismiss someone, (2) send them elsewhere for answers.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

RickD wrote: Lobosolitario,

Usted que necesita para relajarse.
Rick Dee's, I need you to go back to attending the congregation, and maybe that way I can begin to relax.

10-4 on that buddy? :consent:

SOLOxLOBO
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Lonewolf,

Nobody said anything dismissive towards oncesaved. Did you misread something?

If you're talking about my back and forth with Byblos, it goes back to the many conversations we've had about osas. I believe in absolute assurance, Byblos doesn't. Byblos was actually joking with me.

-Edward R Murrow

Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

RickD wrote:Lonewolf,

Nobody said anything dismissive towards oncesaved. Did you misread something?

If you're talking about my back and forth with Byblos, it goes back to the many conversations we've had about osas. I believe in absolute assurance, Byblos doesn't. Byblos was actually joking with me.

Alright, I see now where you two where coming from. For someone who does not have the long history in this forum, it may read differently, and that's where I was coming from.

Comprendes Mendez?