Aliens

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Aliens

Post by neo-x »

do you mean, her use of the "dogs or pigs" for others or me asking her about her dreams?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

neo-x wrote:
neo-x wrote:
melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Melanie wrote:
The soul purpose of me posting was regarding the alien agenda but from what I have seen from the character of the men on here, I think I will choose to not throw my pearls infront of pigs, so to speak.
I'm fairly new to English language. Please explain this English idiom to me.
I was quoting a small phrase taken from scripture
Matthew 7:6
''Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces"
Quite fitting don't you think.
The love and grace towards others, you displayed in this post, reminds me so much of Christ.....
by melanie
As does your sarcasm, Jesus spoke these words with an intent. The way in which I treat people is the most significant and important part of who I am. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, is the mantra in which I live by, and the main most important lesson I teach my children. I try everyday to bring some sunshine to everyone I come across, unfortuantely some people just prefer the rain.
How do you know its sarcasm? do you think what you wrote was un-christ like?
Here we go round the mulberry bush again, let's just call a spade a spade huh
Last edited by melanie on Wed May 14, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Would you guys stop arguing over crapola, it's ridicules.
Point taken, I merely came here to post about end days, and received such a welcome response and which had nothing to do with my actual intial intent. But yes I agree!! It is crap and ridiculous. Not my usual interactions with people online or otherwise and it's a shame.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

neo-x wrote:do you mean, her use of the "dogs or pigs" for others or me asking her about her dreams?
Im pretty sure he means the entire last 2 pages and he is right.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

melanie wrote:
neo-x wrote:do you mean, her use of the "dogs or pigs" for others or me asking her about her dreams?
Im pretty sure he means the entire last 2 pages and he is right.
I see, melaine, the point is, if you are going to post on a public forum then you must expect to be engaged and challenged. Reverting to calling people dogs or pigs and not throwing your pearls in front of them, is poor, if you think the knowledge you hold is so precious, why share it on public forum to begin with?

Just hang out here, chill, relax but if you post about things like mass deceptions and end times then why hesitate to engage it. Isn't that why you came here?

Infact your disagreement on the topic HS and your remark that no one touched your post, is what made me start this discussion and I would again ask, what exactly is your revelation, what God has shown you? be specific please.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

melanie wrote:
neo-x wrote:
How do you know its sarcasm? do you think what you wrote was un-christ like?
Here we go round the mulberry bush again, let's just call a spade a spade huh
I did, your lash-out in the start of this post, is quite unnecessary, and unmerited. Christ addressed the hypocrites and the pharisees of the day, unless you know people here who have engaged in such hypocritical behavior, then I would not contest you, but since you are not in that position, you over reacted.

without.

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

melanie wrote: I care about what My Father says and what scripture tell me
Good
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Dear Dan, I will be honest with you, my concern on this is quite important. I am not being an **Word deleted by moderator**Neo, I don't know how that word got through, but you're not supposed to use it here :lol:
In this very forum, there is a thread right now, which deals of a person, suffering from depression, reason is end times. He is not the only one, I know several people in real life who have that fear, I had that fear once. There are few members here who believe in the end times, dooms day theories and some of those people go into depression as well. Frankly the end times thing, and how it is portrayed is quite depressing, for the young in faith and immature. If anything I have only seen this destroying faith rather than building it.

I am very much open respect others opinion and beliefs and their idea of them being right, I even have a soft corner for flat earthers, what I don't have is the patience when I see an idea which is damaging to faith and life. I certainly believe that this fatalism that carries with the end times theory, aliens, demons, mass deception is quite wrong. And it hurts people.

So I am not infact asking melaine to not say what she wants to say, only that if she wants to engage on a public forum then she must expect being questioned, challenged etc. That is normal. And it should be questioned, atleast fairly analyzed so that some stumbling depressed member can atleast see if all is like what they believe it to be. Which in my opinion, a careful analysis would show if some idea of end times is right or wrong.

And if someone thinks their opinions are to high to be questioned then they should keep to themselves, its fair game, nothing wrong with it. But If you do introduce your opinion on a public forum, then one can't say, oh this is my opinion, and those who disagree are not worthy of hearing my wisdom, just because I know a verse in the bible where Christ called others pigs and swines and not to throw my knowledge on them...that I am now justified in my behavior.

And if melaine was hounded on something and you think it was wrong, then you tell me, how does responding like this helps her on the forum, when have two wrongs made a right?

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Melanie wrote:
The soul purpose of me posting was regarding the alien agenda but from what I have seen from the character of the men on here, I think I will choose to not throw my pearls infront of pigs, so to speak.
''Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces"
I'm familiar with that one. I was actually referring to "soul purpose". Now I know "sole purpose" means only purpose. But does soul purpose have a spiritual meaning? :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I understand John, I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. Just want people to be a little more understanding rather than being accusing. People seem to presume someone's intentions or meanings based on some slight miss use of a word, it's seems to happen a lot here as I have been the victim of it myself quite a few times. I may not be as eloquent as some others but instead of jumping to conclusions maybe people should ask about it first. Just seems to be a bit of shoot first ask questions later and I am not saying I haven't been guilty of it either. We need to remember we are not all philosophers, theologians or apologists and we can't be expected to be, pretty sure God's not really going to care about that stuff when we meet him.

Lol I see you were moderated, now that's a first.
    Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    1Tim1:15-17
    Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
    neo-x
    Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I understand Dan, I meant nothing personal to melaine.

Yeah, got my first black mark I guess. :D

without.

Danieltwotwenty
    Ultimate Member

Sorry I edited. Lol didn't expect such a quick reply.
    Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
    neo-x
    Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

point taken.

without.

melanie
    Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:
    melanie wrote:
    RickD wrote:
    Melanie wrote:
    I'm familiar with that one. I was actually referring to "soul purpose". Now I know "sole purpose" means only purpose. But does soul purpose have a spiritual meaning? :mrgreen:
    Geez mate over a spelling mistake?? This is what concerns me of the character of some on here. It is fickle and verging on nasty and completely unnecessary. But clearly that is how you get your kicks from your emoticon that followed
    Danieltwotwenty
    Ultimate Member

melanie wrote:
    RickD wrote:
    melanie wrote:
    RickD wrote:
    Melanie wrote:
    Geez mate over a spelling mistake?? This is what concerns me of the character of some on here. It is fickle and verging on nasty and completely unnecessary. But clearly that is how you get your kicks from your emoticon that followed
    Woah Mel, slow up a little.

Rick is just a bit of a joker, hence the clown avatar.

Take a step back and chill a bit, everyone here is a nice person, just get to know their quirks before jumping to conclusions.

Let's all take a deep breath and start again. y@};-