Riddle

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Riddle

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Find the thing which answers all these:

1: This existed before God.

2: This is greater than God.

3: This is more evil than Satan.

4: The poor have this.

5: The rich need this.

6: If you eat this, you die.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Riddle

Post by Seraph »

Is the answer "nothing"? :)
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

It can't be "nothing", because nothing is not a thing.

It's a trick question.

FAIL
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Seraph wrote:Is the answer "nothing"? :)
:D
RickD wrote:

It's a trick question.

FAIL
Oh, shut up. My wife will be in Hell Florida next March 15-22. Wanna guess how many pairs of shoes she'll come back with?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Seraph wrote:Is the answer "nothing"? :)
:D
RickD wrote:

It's a trick question.

FAIL
Oh, shut up. My wife will be in Hell Florida next March 15-22. Wanna guess how many pairs of shoes she'll come back with?

FL
Yes. My guess is 7 pairs. Including alligator boots.

Tell Imelda Marcos Liechtenstein I said hello. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

The Sunday School/Catechism teacher was speaking to her class about life and death. ''Did you know,'' the teacher asked, ''that we can die a peaceful or a horrible death?'' The class was silent. ''Is anyone able to give me an example of a peaceful death?'' the teacher asked. Silence...finally, little Hana raised her hand, ''Yes, Hana?''

- ''My Granpa died in his sleep!'' :D

''Well, yes Hana! That is an excellent example of a peaceful death!'' The teacher continued, ''Now does anyone know what a horrible death would be like?'' Again, silence. The teacher looks around at her class and sees Hana's hand raised...again. Reluctantly, she says, ''Yes, Hana?''

- ''My Granma, my uncle and my aunt died when Granpa fell asleep while driving his car!''

:bag:

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:The Sunday School/Catechism teacher was speaking to her class about life and death. ''Did you know,'' the teacher asked, ''that we can die a peaceful or a horrible death?'' The class was silent. ''Is anyone able to give me an example of a peaceful death?'' the teacher asked. Silence...finally, little Hana raised her hand, ''Yes, Hana?''

''Well, yes Hana! That is an excellent example of a peaceful death!'' The teacher continued, ''Now does anyone know what a horrible death would be like?'' Again, silence. The teacher looks around at her class and sees Hana's hand raised...again. Reluctantly, she says, ''Yes, Hana?''

- ''My Granma, my uncle and my aunt died when Granpa fell asleep while driving his car!''

Hana, is that true?

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:The Sunday School/Catechism teacher was speaking to her class about life and death. ''Did you know,'' the teacher asked, ''that we can die a peaceful or a horrible death?'' The class was silent. ''Is anyone able to give me an example of a peaceful death?'' the teacher asked. Silence...finally, little Hana raised her hand, ''Yes, Hana?''

Hana, is that true?
Do we have little Hana on this forum to answer you?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Oh, you're a silly little Hana, aren't you?

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Rick, are you talking with yourself? Am worrying about you.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

An attractive blonde woman with a Ph.D goes to a department store and sees a shiny silver object. ''What is this?'' she asks the clerk. ''A thermos,'' the clerk answers, ''it keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold!'' So the smart blonde buys the thermos.

The next day, she brings the thermos to work and sets it on her desk. A blonde co-worker asks her, ''What is that, Hana?'' Hana proudly answers, ''It is a thermos! It keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold!'' :D ''Wow!'' the co-worker exclaims! ''What have you got in there, Hana?''

''Hot coffee and ice cream!'' :D

FL

+ + +

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:An attractive blonde woman with a Ph.D goes to a department store and sees a shiny silver object. ''What is this?'' she asks the clerk. ''A thermos,'' the clerk answers, ''it keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold!'' So the smart blonde buys the thermos.

The next day, she brings the thermos to work and sets it on her desk. A blonde co-worker asks her, ''What is that, Hana?'' Hana proudly answers, ''It is a thermos! It keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold!'' :D ''Wow!'' the co-worker exclaims! ''What have you got in there, Hana?''

FL
We have this joke in Slovakia but with policemen.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:An attractive blonde woman with a Ph.D goes to a department store and sees a shiny silver object. ''What is this?'' she asks the clerk. ''A thermos,'' the clerk answers, ''it keeps hot foods hot and cold foods cold!'' So the smart blonde buys the thermos.

FL
:pound:
Gotta love blonde Hana jokes.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Rick, are you talking with yourself? Am worrying about you.
Actually Hana, it's quite alright to talk to one's self. On the other hand, talking with one's self may get one sent away to the funny farm.

-Edward R Murrow