Jesus made the popcorn, I bought the beer

Got some good and clean jokes to share? Everyone likes a laugh.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Jesus made the popcorn, I bought the beer

Post by ultimate777 »

I go to a non-denominational church that has services on Saturday Night. Last night I was late because Jesus was due to come over and watch the Preakness with me, which he did. Jesus would have gone to church with me but he was upset because he had Orb and I had Oxbow. However Jesus made the popcorn and I bought the beer. Jesus offered to make enough popcorn to last the church for a year but I couldn't carry it.

Its a shame because the beer was great but the popcorn was heavenly.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: Jesus made the popcorn, I bought the beer

Post by Silvertusk »

ultimate777 wrote:I go to a non-denominational church that has services on Saturday Night. Last night I was late because Jesus was due to come over and watch the Preakness with me, which he did. Jesus would have gone to church with me but he was upset because he had Orb and I had Oxbow. However Jesus made the popcorn and I bought the beer. Jesus offered to make enough popcorn to last the church for a year but I couldn't carry it.

Um.....what?
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

ultimate777 wrote:I go to a non-denominational church that has services on Saturday Night. Last night I was late because Jesus was due to come over and watch the Preakness with me, which he did. Jesus would have gone to church with me but he was upset because he had Orb and I had Oxbow. However Jesus made the popcorn and I bought the beer. Jesus offered to make enough popcorn to last the church for a year but I couldn't carry it.

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Wait! I'm laughing because Jesus preferred donkeys to horses.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Silvertusk wrote:

Um.....what?
What's the problem?
neo-x wrote:

:econfused:

Just so your'e laughing. As for donkeys, Jesus and I are working on this idea of his. We will rent a horsetrack and have twenty owners of the highest quality donkeys put them up to race the distance of a marathon. They will of course be doing laps instead of running through the streets. Easier to keep the streets clean that way :pound:

The idea is if thousands of humans can race over 26 miles Jesus only knows how many times a year, why can't 20 donkeys do it at least once?
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

neo-x wrote:

"The doors of hell are locked from the inside."
C.S. Lewis

That sounds like what J. P. Satre said "Hell is other people."
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

ultimate777 wrote:
neo-x wrote:

C.S. Lewis

That's something different IMO.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

ultimate777 wrote:
neo-x wrote:

C.S. Lewis

My understanding of that quote is that it is we that keep ourselves in hell, we have the keys to let ourselves out but we stubbornly refuse. People are not hell, hell is a place that we keep ourselves in.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

neo-x wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
neo-x wrote:

C.S. Lewis

That's something different IMO.
See another thread I think Aint it the truth JP, you and me both and see my second reply to 1over.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
neo-x wrote:

C.S. Lewis

My understanding of that quote is that it is we that keep ourselves in hell, we have the keys to let ourselves out but we stubbornly refuse. People are not hell, hell is a place that we keep ourselves in.

Dan

I don't know which quote you are talking about. Depends on how literally you mean the word key. In No Exit (Google it, please)
Sartre's people get the door open for a while but cannot make themselves leave. I don't think any keys are involved.

So which are you talking about?

And do we retain enough free will to leave?

Or are you not meaning hell literally?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

ultimate777 wrote:I don't know which quote you are talking about. Depends on how literally you mean the word key. In No Exit (Google it, please)
Sartre's people get the door open for a while but cannot make themselves leave. I don't think any keys are involved.
This quote, "The doors of hell are locked from the inside."
C.S. Lewis and J. P. Satre "Hell is other people."

I believe the two quotes are not similar at all.
Yes, but that is the thing, people who are in hell are there because they chose it and continue to choose it, they hate God so much that any notion of being with him is repulsive.

Yes I mean literally hell, it could also be figurative also and apply to this life.
One of my best mates always says to me "Daniel, the world you believe in is the world you shall inherit."

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:I don't know which quote you are talking about. Depends on how literally you mean the word key. In No Exit (Google it, please)

Yes, but that is the thing, people who are in hell are there because they chose it and continue to choose it, they hate God so much that any notion of being with him is repulsive.

Yes I mean literally hell, it could also be figurative also and apply to this life.
One of my best mates always says to me "Daniel, the world you believe in is the world you shall inherit."

Dan
We could quibble over whether the quotes are similar. So one has got to find being with God so repulsive they cannot stand to be with him or they will not go to hell no matter what? I would find that most encouraging. Do you believe in purgatory or limbo, or whatever? Say someone doubts that God even exists when on Earth, might they not possibly accept him and love him when they find out the truth?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

ultimate777 wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Dan
We could quibble over whether the quotes are similar. So one has got to find being with God so repulsive they cannot stand to be with him or they will not go to hell no matter what? I would find that most encouraging. Do you believe in purgatory or limbo, or whatever? Say someone doubts that God even exists when on Earth, might they not possibly accept him and love him when they find out the truth?

To be honest I have no idea of these things, the Bible speaks very little on the next life. All I know is God's grace, love, mercy, justice, wrath is far bigger than anything I can imagine, his ways are not mine and I have no clue what the bigger picture looks like, all I see is this tiny snippet and I am unwilling to label anything that is not in this life as true or untrue.
I think we should focus more on the here and now, loving people and loving God, well at least thats what I am trying to do. :-P
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Dan

To be honest I have no idea of these things, the Bible speaks very little on the next life. All I know is God's grace, love, mercy, justice, wrath is far bigger than anything I can imagine, his ways are not mine and I have no clue what the bigger picture looks like, all I see is this tiny snippet and I am unwilling to label anything that is not in this life as true or untrue.
I think we should focus more on the here and now, loving people and loving God, well at least thats what I am trying to do. :-P
That last sentence seems to me quite Buddhist
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

ultimate777 wrote:That last sentence seems to me quite Buddhist

How so? Buddhism seems to be more about self improvement and personal spiritual growth rather than being a servant to others, not saying that Buddhists don't help other people but the reasons why they do it are different from the Christian.

The thief Buddhism parable is an example of this, if you have ever read it you will see quite a contrast of how the Buddhist deals with the thief to how Jesus would have dealt with him.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:That last sentence seems to me quite Buddhist

How so? Buddhism seems to be more about self improvement and personal spiritual growth rather than being a servant to others, not saying that Buddhists don't help other people but the reasons why they do it are different from the Christian.

The thief Buddhism parable is an example of this, if you have ever read it you will see quite a contrast of how the Buddhist deals with the thief to how Jesus would have dealt with him.

Ok. maybe I was wrong, maybe I should have said some forms of Judaism. They have things like denominations, too.