Extreme fire danger day

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Extreme fire danger day

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Guys

We have an extreme fire danger day today, there are fires breaking out everywhere at the moment.

Please pray for the safety of everyone living in Victoria Australia, there is a very real threat of a repeat of Black Saturday a few years back.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Extreme fire danger day

Post by neo-x »

y[-o< y[-o< y[-o< y[-o< be safe brother.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Good news, we are all still alive.......there was around 6 or 7 fires in our area but nothing the local CFA couldn't handle.

Thanks for the prayers, our fire season has just started and it is not looking especially great.

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Daniel, this is from the article:
Hobart's overnight minimum was a January record - 23.4C.
Is that true? It went from a daytime high of over 40 degreesC, to a nighttime low of -23.4C?
What kind of affect does a huge drop in temp. like that have on fires there?
Nevermind. I think it was meant as a dash, not a minus sign. :oops:

Nevertheless, I'll be praying for you and your family.

On a positive note, you're lucky Pat Robertson doesn't live down under, because he'd probably be saying that the wildfires are a judgement from God because of the rampant atheism in Australia.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Daniel, this is from the article:
Hobart's overnight minimum was a January record - 23.4C.
Is that true? It went from a daytime high of over 40 degreesC, to a nighttime low of -23.4C?
What kind of affect does a huge drop in temp. like that have on fires there?
Nevermind. I think it was meant as a dash, not a minus sign. :oops:

Nevertheless, I'll be praying for you and your family.

On a positive note, you're lucky Pat Robertson doesn't live down under, because he'd probably be saying that the wildfires are a judgement from God because of the rampant atheism in Australia.
:pound: yea, Tassie got hit the worst, must be a judgement from God because their state is shaped like......................

Dan