Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
neo-x wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Neo-x I haven't heard from you in awhile.If you are mad at me there is no reason to be mad at me just because I reject evolution.
I am not mad ACB, I am tired, I have stopped trying to convince people of this. My experience says that a vast majority of people hardly engage in the effort of reading papers, they will just google up a creationist site, read a one page article which says otherwise and comeback and post and tell me the science paper is wrong. So I say, why bother?

I already gave the link to the evolution resource thread, please go through that if you will. The evidence is right there, its also in you, your ancestors and your child. Without evolution, nothing in biology makes sense.

I got tired of the accusations and being talked down to like I am some second class Christian and not only on the topic of evolution but also on other various controversial subjects concerning Christian doctrine.

I think the diatribe of one of the posters above is a prime example of this.

So much effort is put into destroying the opponent and none is put into being like Christ and I think it is really sad.

Hence why I took an extended break from this forum, but now I am back with a fresh outlook and I am going to try hard to not engage with such people and also try hard not to be one of those people also.

On the topic however, I have never read a book on evolution, so I am not really helpful. :lol:
y>:D< y>:D< y>:D< I missed you bro. :wave: welcome back.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Thanks mate. I have missed everyone greatly. I kind of feeling a little prodigal. y>:D< y@};-

I have spiritually grown so much over the last year and feel the time is right to step back in.

I actually learned a lot from a mate of mine who helps run the local AA meeting at our church.
The biggest thing I have learned is to analyse why I feel the way I do when people speak to me in a certain way that makes me feel judged. They call it doing inventory when they get a resentment on a person.
I might actually start an AA thread, it is a great program and lots can be learned from it, even if you arn't an alcoholic, drug addict or whatever other addiction you may have. I think we all really suffer from the same problems and it is just more prominent in people who have addictive personalities.

I digress and have derailed this thread in my typical style.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Daniel is back? I didn't realize he was gone. :mrgreen:

Just kidding Daniel! It's great to see you back!

y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome back Dan. y>:D<
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

I hadn't been on this forum long when you left Dan, but long enough to be grateful your back y>:D<
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

I really don't know why some of you even bother to argue with a person that has clearly shown that he is NOT open to any viewpoint other than his own.
Truly, why bother?
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:I really don't know why some of you even bother to argue with a person that has clearly shown that he is NOT open to any viewpoint other than his own.
Truly, why bother?
Dont you suppose that a lot of us tend to see a lot of others that way?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:I really don't know why some of you even bother to argue with a person that has clearly shown that he is NOT open to any viewpoint other than his own.
Truly, why bother?
Dont you suppose that a lot of us tend to see a lot of others that way?
Sure BUT most of us are open to the simply fact that we do NOT know everything about something.
IMO, when we deal with a person that makes a statement like , " I know everything about evolution and it is the work of satan", then I think we know where we stand in regards to their view point.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Truly, why bother?
Geez I really did derail this thread, I am going to start a new thread on this topic, because I think it is an important one to discuss.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Glad your back, Dano! :wave:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Thank you for the warm welcome back guys, I really appreciate it. :ebiggrin:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Was there something about evolutionary theory to discuss?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:Was there something about evolutionary theory to discuss?
Other than it being the work of SATAN !?!?!?!

;)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:

;)

Yeah, well, that one was a conversation killer, for sure.

Im wondering if, this nominally being an evidence of god in science forum and all, if maybe someone sees the the hand of God in evolution, rather than that of the other guy.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

;)

Yeah, well, that one was a conversation killer, for sure.

Im wondering if, this nominally being an evidence of god in science forum and all, if maybe someone sees the the hand of God in evolution, rather than that of the other guy.
God is in ALL, He SUSTAINS ALL.
IF evolution is true then it is of God.
IMO, Evolution will only lead people away from Christ if people put more faith in what they THINK, than in Christ.