Prayer for a co-worker and friend.

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Prayer for a co-worker and friend.

Post by Gabrielman »

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask that you keep a friend of mine from work in your prayers. His name is Russ and he is suffering from congestive heart faliure. His old herat doctor "dumped" him, I guess you could call it that, and he needs to find a new one. Also, like everyone at work, he is losing hours, a lot of them, so he is financially straped and can't afford much care for himself. Please pray for him.
God bless! y[-o<
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Prayer for a co-worker and friend.

Post by cslewislover »

Ok (*sigh . . . poor guy*).
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

I know exactly how he feels.

If he makes less than 200% the federal poverty level http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/09poverty.shtml and doesn't have a great amount of net worth, he may qualify for county medi-cal. I finally did. BTW: you can own a house if you met the income and savings requirements. I don't own a house but he probably does.

Otherwise, he'll have to work through his current insurance provider to find a new doctor and cut back spending to live within his budget.

If I can live on less than $300 a month or so, then anyone working at a decent salary should be able to spend less. You'd be amazed on how little you can exist on when forced to.

The only thing that really bothers me is I have no job so no way to pay off my student loan which just keeps getting bigger and bigger in deferral. That is something simply outside of my control at the present time. :shakehead:

Times are brutal for some of us. Brutal! We had a lawyer down the street die at his desk the other day of a heart attack. They discovered him the next morning slumped over his paperwork trying to survive.

Another Jewish lawyer I used to talk to dropped dead in his office not long ago of a heart attack. I talked with him two days before he went leaving behind a wife and three kids. He was 40 years old.

People are trying to survive this depression and dying in the process. It's brutal out here. He's in it up to his neck just like the rest of us. Prayers all around.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Thanks CSLL and Age, your prayers mean a lot. He really needs them right now.
God bless you both.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Gabrielman wrote:Thanks CSLL and Age, your prayers mean a lot. He really needs them right now.
God bless you both.
Hi GM - I hope Russ is doing better.

Just going through all the prayer requests and notice there don't seem to be many follow-ups/updates. If you put a prayer request, be sure to keep us all posted with updates even if things don't turn out as hoped! I know I'm interested to know what the outcomes were.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Glad you asked! He is actually doing better and he got his hours back! :D so things are good for him now!!! For the most part, he still has heart problems but now he has the money to take care of it!
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Thanks GM - that's great to hear!
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Update, Russ was taken to the hospital today at work... it was congestive heart failure. I am very worried about him, but they said he was talking before they took him off so that was good, but still very very worried!!!! :cry: He is a good friend of mine so please pray!!!
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Praying right now for Russ
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

zoegirl wrote:Praying right now for Russ
Thank you, I am very very worried!!!!