evolution----lucy?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
jakelo
Recognized Member
Christian: No

evolution----lucy?

Post by jakelo »

Hi everyone. I've got a quick question reguarding evolution. One of my friends who is agnostic seems bent on believing in evolution and that its the key to our existence. Being Christian I've given her my standpoint and tried to "persuade" her to see the problems with believing in evolution so strongly. A while back we got in our own little "debate" and she began talking about some animal, I believe it was an ape named Lucy. She told me that it had both the body of ape and human in some weird mutation. And that it was the key evidence to proving evolution. I tried to find sources on this but I haven't been able to. Does anyone know about this Lucy thing? And if anyone does, could you please give me your incite on it so I could discuss it with her again? Thanks.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

The only thing I got from reading that was "Tolkien was right!". I sure hope so, elven girls are really hot. :p
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

Thanks for that website. One of my questions is, though it may seem elementary, if they found this one amazing specimen proving evolution, and it REALLY happened, why didn't they find others like it? I asked my friend that but she didn't have a response to it.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Dr. Lee Berger stated, "One might say we are kicking Lucy out of the family tree." (Shreeve, J. 1996. New skeleton gives path from trees to ground an odd turn. Science 272: 654).

Lucy kicked out of the human family tree?
Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
jakelo
Recognized Member

Post by jakelo »

thanks for responding :D :D