New Moderator :)

Important news and announcements
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I fear it is time to reveal my counter-ego and fight back this surge of post-modernistic relativism.

Stand back evil-doers! You switchers of major and minor premises! Let cause and effect be emcumbered no more and the truth shine forth from this day hence!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Judah wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote: :wink: Judah, Could I interest you in some Ocean Front Property in North Dakota? :lol:

And you, dear reader, must exercise compassion. Appreciating as you do that objectivity did flee the window as relativism entered through the door, we must allow Canuckster the truth of his perception and pray the god of Universal Human Rights will have him live out all his days in the quiet solitude of his neo-geographical meanderings.

But tarry here a moment and consider this, that as the sheep devoured three wolves, they in turn are destined to wander through the flock clothed in the body of their diner, searching for new doors and windows that can lead only to the middens of the past, scattered memories among the haunted empty Badlands of the future.

Yikes! Byblos, get in here and find Canuckster his reading glasses and a decent map, will ya?
I'm off to find some coffee. :D

LOL! Please. Don't you think I have my own sheep to contend with? I shall attempt the noble thing though (and flee like a fox being chased by the mother hen).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Hahahahahaha!
Now couldn't we write a grand play together?

Byblos, you would flee from courage having traumatized yourself with demonized illusions of a mother hen when all before you is simply just a friendly little Kiwi? Shame, great shame upon you!

This thread is providing both the weft and warp, more warp than weft, of fabric that can be torn apart to expose the bare nature of our new moderator in the tasks that will be set before him.

Dear reader, I fear we all must assist him here and deal the foe a mighty blow to bolster up his flagging strength. For the philosophies that make postmodernism do provide the ugly backdrop of our lives, and all of us must turn from them, exposing their deception, and like the mighty Captain Canuck, stand poised to battle for our very souls.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

:lol: Bart, is that really a Canadian Super hero? :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

FFC wrote::lol: Bart, is that really a Canadian Super hero? :lol:
:x YES :wink: :lol:
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

bizzt wrote:
Faster than a speeding snowball, more powerful than a double teamed dogsled, able to leap tall igloos in a single bound, It's a loon, it's a canadian goose, NO! It is Captain Canuck! Defender of courtesy, Promoter of the letter zed! Able defender of truth and justice, Eh?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:
Did you guys ever read any of the Michael Slade books? They are crime thrillers and very graphic. The heroes are The Royal Canadian Mounted police and they go after serial killers and such. Some of the scenes are downright gruesome but they are rich with Canada's history.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Judah wrote:Hahahahahaha!
Now couldn't we write a grand play together?

Byblos, you would flee from courage having traumatized yourself with demonized illusions of a mother hen when all before you is simply just a friendly little Kiwi? Shame, great shame upon you!

This thread is providing both the weft and warp, more warp than weft, of fabric that can be torn apart to expose the bare nature of our new moderator in the tasks that will be set before him.

Dear reader, I fear we all must assist him here and deal the foe a mighty blow to bolster up his flagging strength. For the philosophies that make postmodernism do provide the ugly backdrop of our lives, and all of us must turn from them, exposing their deception, and like the mighty Captain Canuck, stand poised to battle for our very souls.

A misunderstanding.

Fleeing is but a momentary retreat, for from the smoldering of its own ashes, there rises a mighty kiwi, clutching the byblos of good news in one hand, and the torch of fortitude in the other, shining as a beacon of courage and defender of Verité.

Next: Iambic pentameter.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

And from such lofty heights was held
a sword and cross with mighty weld
the book of Words with light to shed
upon the soul of he who fled
the fear of males now as then
that of pecking by a hen.

But wait! is this a turn around I see
a pondering from what to flee?
Fortitude trips him at last
and slows his feet from pace so fast
as smoke from ashes of a bird
rises forth through iambic word.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Judah wrote:And from such lofty heights was held
a sword and cross with mighty weld
the book of Words with light to shed
upon the soul of he who fled
the fear of males now as then
that of pecking by a hen.

But wait! is this a turn around I see
a pondering from what to flee?
Fortitude trips him at last
and slows his feet from pace so fast
as smoke from ashes of a bird
rises forth through iambic word.

LMAO! Walked right into this one, didn't I? I applaud you Judah and assure you, there's not a single poetic bone in my body.

*as Byblos kneels down and bows before the mighty kiwi in total admiration and to pledge allegiance *

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Very iambic, but it is quadrameter, not pentameter ...... ;)
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

FFC wrote:
bizzt wrote:
Did you guys ever read any of the Michael Slade books? They are crime thrillers and very graphic. The heroes are The Royal Canadian Mounted police and they go after serial killers and such. Some of the scenes are downright gruesome but they are rich with Canada's history.
:? Can't say I have....

Although from the description don't know if I want to :shock:
FFC

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:
FFC wrote:
bizzt wrote:

You do have a point there. One conciliation is that they are not loaded with sex and romance, just good old fashioned violence like we see in the OT. :lol:

bizzt

Post by bizzt »

FFC wrote:
bizzt wrote:
FFC wrote:
bizzt wrote:

You do have a point there. One conciliation is that they are not loaded with sex and romance, just good old fashioned violence like we see in the OT. :lol:
Have you not read Song of Solomon :lol: But Very True :D
FFC

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:
FFC wrote:
bizzt wrote:
FFC wrote:
bizzt wrote: :x YES :wink: :lol:

Have you not read Song of Solomon :lol: But Very True :D
Yes, but only in the obscure King James version. :oops: