Testimony of the Twelve Patriarchs?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Testimony of the Twelve Patriarchs?

Post by Jac3510 »

Is anybody familiar with the Testimony of the Twelve Patriarchs? I know that it is a Jewish writing, around the second century or so . . . I need to find a quote from it. Levi 3:3, specifically. I've looked online a bit, but nothing as of yet.

Thanks for any help.

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: Testimony of the Twelve Patriarchs?

Post by FFC »

Jac3510 wrote:Is anybody familiar with the Testimony of the Twelve Patriarchs? I know that it is a Jewish writing, around the second century or so . . . I need to find a quote from it. Levi 3:3, specifically. I've looked online a bit, but nothing as of yet.

Thanks for any help.

God bless
Jac, there is a lot on-line regarding "The Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs". Check this out http://www.ccel.org/fathers2/ANF-08/TOC.htm. There is a section called The Testament of Levi Concerning the Priesthood and Arrogance.. Does that help?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Aha, that is exactly it. Thank you much! :)

It does help to get the title right, eh?
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

Jac3510 wrote:Aha, that is exactly it. Thank you much! :)

It does help to get the title right, eh?
Glad I could help :D
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?