why christianity?

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

tj rich wrote:thank you FFC your response shows great generosity of spirit and gives me hope. As for making assumptions, anything I have said I have meant and all my conclusions were only arrived at after years of deliberation and diligent study, and I am happy to substantiate any and all of them. However that is not the point, just because I cannot find peace in organised religion does not take away from anyone who does. I realise some of my opinions could cause offence,that was not my intention I have been looking for insight and debate not argument.
tj,

No offense taken on my end at all. This site exists for such debate and searching.

FFC has given you a good answer. Christianity is first and foremost a relationship, not simply dry dogma and teachings.

What is it about Christianity that raises your questions? What are your sources as you've worked through things?

bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
tj rich wrote:thank you FFC your response shows great generosity of spirit and gives me hope. As for making assumptions, anything I have said I have meant and all my conclusions were only arrived at after years of deliberation and diligent study, and I am happy to substantiate any and all of them. However that is not the point, just because I cannot find peace in organised religion does not take away from anyone who does. I realise some of my opinions could cause offence,that was not my intention I have been looking for insight and debate not argument.
tj,

No offense taken on my end at all. This site exists for such debate and searching.

FFC has given you a good answer. Christianity is first and foremost a relationship, not simply dry dogma and teachings.

What is it about Christianity that raises your questions? What are your sources as you've worked through things?

bart
Thank you both for your kind words of encouragement.

tj,
I want to say that I didn't sense an argumentative tone in your posts at all. Just honest questions. I believe God respects that and you are in a long line of people who have finally come to peace in God, who searched for hard answers like you are doing. Personally I just appeal to you to not throw out the baby with the bathwater in your findings, because if you really are searching for truth, God in His great mercy, love and grace will lead you to it. I have no doubt about that.

God bless you in your search
John
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?