magic

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

magic

Post by SUGAAAAA »

is it satanic?

I've seen many David Blaine videos as well as a few from Chris Angel (mindfreak) and im pretty convined that their acts of magic are real... but is there a biblical explanation for this? is it involved with spirits/satan? or perhaps is it a gift from God?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Re: magic

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

SUGAAAAA wrote:is it satanic?

I've seen many David Blaine videos as well as a few from Chris Angel (mindfreak) and im pretty convined that their acts of magic are real... but is there a biblical explanation for this? is it involved with spirits/satan? or perhaps is it a gift from God?
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!

They are not real. I have some of the tricks myself, they are just tricks.

The cards in the window are rehearsed. A man inside has one end of a magicians string. The other end has a special magicians gell on it, an unsuspecting patron picks a card signs it and he deftly separates the card and glues it to the string.

The only skill is in removing the card from the deck without the person knowing it.

Another trick is a force, in which you can force a person to select a specific card or thought.

Other tricks involve variations of forces.

The coins in the cofee cup trick uses a special cup.

The bended card jumping to the top of the deck is a slight of hand trick. It never leaves the top of the deck.

The levitation trick is one which takes advantage of perception.

His skill is not the tricks themselves, they are not difficult ones, it is his presentation.

Sometimes I have people write things on a peice of paper and then I burn it and rub the ashes on my arm revealing what they wrote. This makes some people go nuts.

But all it takes is some soap.
lol
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

How does he do the levitation thing-your explanation was insufficient for me to get it.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:How does he do the levitation thing-your explanation was insufficient for me to get it.
It's called the king levitation.
On the show he lifts off on one toe at about 5 meters from the group.
They cannot see his back toe.

Then they cut to him showing them how levitation can work using pulleys.

Then he cuts back to the group of people screaming and yelling at the king levitation demonstration.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Its all fake, just for tv ratings. :wink:
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:How does he do the levitation thing-your explanation was insufficient for me to get it.

Then he cuts back to the group of people screaming and yelling at the king levitation demonstration.
No, I'm referring to when he had a girl with her back arched hovering in the air...though, how do you lift up yourself with a toe? ouch

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:

No, I'm referring to when he had a girl with her back arched hovering in the air...though, how do you lift up yourself with a toe? ouch
I don't know all the tricks.

Who did that one?
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:

He used a vacume(not really). Anyway, it's not magic, he's a liar.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

well I've heard of that explanation... I havent really closely examined the footage or anything but it looked real, when he did it in the freeway, and another time, when there were people surrounding him... I dont know.

I guess the cards trick explanations do make sense...

Plus what about that trick where he turns a cup of a guy's coffee, into a cup fool of coins, by waving his hand over it?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:well I've heard of that explanation... I havent really closely examined the footage or anything but it looked real, when he did it in the freeway, and another time, when there were people surrounding him... I dont know.

Plus what about that trick where he turns a cup of a guy's coffee, into a cup fool of coins, by waving his hand over it?
How do you know its real and not all tv tricks? The people around him were probably actors and paid to pretend it was real.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Jay_7 wrote:
SUGAAAAA wrote:well I've heard of that explanation... I havent really closely examined the footage or anything but it looked real, when he did it in the freeway, and another time, when there were people surrounding him... I dont know.

How do you know its real and not all tv tricks? The people around him were probably actors and paid to pretend it was real.
No, he's a real street performer.
There's some tricks you will never figure out. Makes it almost seem like magic really does exist.

=)

I can get a cigarette to levitate from it's box into my mouth.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jay_7 wrote:

There's some tricks you will never figure out. Makes it almost seem like magic really does exist.

=)

Wow. Ok well did i ever tell you about the time i levitated my house?
ray
Recognized Member

magic

Post by ray »

There used to be a magician that went by the name The Amazing Randi. He claimed all magic and mental telepathy was just trickery and that he could reproduce any magic trick or act of mental telepathy. He was fun to watch because he did do them all.

Ray
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Some magic is real. I know people who have been cursed with "voodoo." I think it is satanic.
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jay_7 wrote:

=)

You can do that just because you suck

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous