I find this funny

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Jay_7
Established Member

I find this funny

Post by Jay_7 »

tachyon
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by tachyon »

Wow, that is hilarious...I knew that a flat earth society still existed, but to actually see their website is hilarious :D. I wonder how they actually think they have scientific evidence to back up their claims...
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

lol, well apparantly the earth must be flat otherwise we would fall off. :lol:
fargreencountry
Newbie Member

Post by fargreencountry »

Do those people have no idea of what gravity is? Most of their arguments seem to forget that gravity always pulls you towards the centre of the planet, wherever you are.
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

guys look at the fine print...

unless u were j/k too and im just bein dumb lol.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Wikipedia wrote:There is a Web site devoted to the Flat Earth Society, ostensibly owned by "Flat Earth Society, Inc.", although it is clearly a hoax. Its slogan is "Deprogramming the masses since 1547" and various tongue-in-cheek explanations of the flat-Earth position are featured. There is also a page devoted to "current events" with a list of unbelievable, undated items. The online membership form is equally quirky. No postal address for the alleged organization is revealed anywhere on the site. The homepage bears a copyright date of 1998.

Currently active, however, is The Flat Earth Society Forums—a Web site collecting Flat Earth and Flat Earth Society information in an attempt to reestablish the organization. It is primarily devoted to discussion boards but also features Flat Earth Society newsletters from the 1970s and 1980s.
I've seen the site before . . . it is funny.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Not only is the earth flat, but fixed as well. :lol:
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

:lol:
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

Post by Grace isn't enough... »

Since the ball has no gravitational feild like the earth, the earth's gravity would just pull the grains of sand down towards it off the ball. This is ridiculous, what are they even fighting for? is there some big joke im missin here??
I found that by being an annoying person you're less annoyed by people.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Grace isn't enough... wrote:Since the ball has no gravitational feild like the earth, the earth's gravity would just pull the grains of sand down towards it off the ball. This is ridiculous, what are they even fighting for? is there some big joke im missin here??
You illustrate the absurd by being absurd.

Notice how similar the arguments are to YEC?

;)
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

...I don't follow. Are you saying you agree with the earth being flat? I was merley saying that since everything is being pulled towards the center of the planet, it wouldmake no difference if the ball was round or flat.

...im so lost...
Blacknad
Recognized Member

Post by Blacknad »

I presume you are joking but just to make it clear because people don't seem to be getting it, unless they are joining in the joke -

The website is a spoof and is probably designed to make a point about people who (the website creators think) believe outlandish things despite the evidence to the contrary such as YECers etc.

Blacknad.
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

Oh. well yeah of course i got the joke. Excuse me i have to go smash a bag of frozen pees over my face... :cry:
Blacknad
Recognized Member

Post by Blacknad »

LOL. :D
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Grace isn't enough... wrote: it wouldmake no difference if the ball was round or flat.

...im so lost...
Barring the fact, of course, that balls are never flat...
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM