dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote: I just don't see how God is telling Job that the dinasours climbed onto the ark at all. !
You may not see it, but some may find it as describing a dinosaur. We can't exactly say if they're right or wrong.
waynes world
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by waynes world »

I don't care if God is describing a dinasour or not, the point is God is getting Job to worship him and God wants all to worship him and thats the lesson in Job 38, not any animal climbing aboard Noah's ark
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote:I don't care if God is describing a dinasour or not, the point is God is getting Job to worship him and God wants all to worship him and thats the lesson in Job 38, not any animal climbing aboard Noah's ark
You're regurgitating what we all know. Many Christians want to examine if the Job verses are describing a dinosaur, so that shouldn't be dismissed.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I'm saying it doesn't matter if the animal is a dinasour or not. What I'm saying and I'm amazed that you don't get it is that God is getting Job to worship him. God is not proving scientific creationism.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

waynes world wrote:I'm saying it doesn't matter if the animal is a dinasour or not. What I'm saying and I'm amazed that you don't get it is that God is getting Job to worship him. God is not proving scientific creationism.
Hey I know what you are saying Wayne. The Context of the Scripture has nothing to do with the Dinosaur.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

well, since the this discussion is about dinosaurs and man coexisting, and since job offers much good evidence of that fact, using job in this thread is very logical. it really doesn't matter if the passages describing the dino were meant to prove another point. they still describe a dinosaur.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Prodigal Son wrote:well, since the this discussion is about dinosaurs and man coexisting, and since job offers much good evidence of that fact, using job in this thread is very logical. it really doesn't matter if the passages describing the dino were meant to prove another point. they still describe a dinosaur.
True... I believe the Description of the Dinosaur is Correct however that does not matter. Wayne is trying to say that God was using that as an Example to Job. The main theme is that he required Job to Worship him.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

bizzt wrote: True... I believe the Description of the Dinosaur is Correct .
Wayne was insisting that it didn't sound like a dinosaur and that's when the debate started. :)
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

ochotseat wrote:
bizzt wrote: True... I believe the Description of the Dinosaur is Correct .
Wayne was insisting that it didn't sound like a dinosaur and that's when the debate started. :)
This is his First Post
Hi! I found this site by accident and I'm glad I found it. I was wondering about the dinasour issue and Job 41. What I notice is that God answers Job with a "no" in every one of the questions, of course its implied but its there. With that said, I'm wondering whether or not Job actually saw the Behemoth that God is talking about here. If the answer is "no" I personally find it hard to swallow that the dinasours climbed the ark. I've seen a photo of the ark in a National Geographic magazine and noticed for one thing that the door of the ark would have been too small for an animal that large to fit into. Someone said the dinos eggs were carried aboard, which seens strange because I'm not sure if the dinos ever laid eggs. I have always had problems with the YEC movement and wonder if the days in Genesis 1 could be days of God's decree, there could have been a day when God said let there be light, and whatever time actually happened we don't know.
He never insisted that at all in his first post let me check the others
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Even if Behemoth did refer to dinasours I don't see anything in Job 41 where they entered the ark. Especially when God has already answered the question with a "no.''
Nope Wayne implied that he was not sure if God was refering to Dinosaurs.
I think it wouild be reading God's mind to read a dinasour into that verse! I think God is trying to get Job realize how small he is in comparison to him. I don't think it really matters what the animal is. Unless we were there physically its unwise to be so sure that it is a dino, because when I saw the verse in the Hebrew the meaning of the word is unknown.
Nope not that one either??
I wasn't alive when God spoke to Job so I don't know what the animal was, but does it really matter what it is? Even if it were a dinasour, where is God telling Job that the dinos climbed aboard the ark? Thats not the point of the passage. God is trying to humble Job and get Job to worship Him. What's so hard to understand about that? Wink
Maybe this one :? Nope not that one. But Consistency in saying that HE IS UNSURE if it is Describing a Dinosaur or not...
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

http://www.answersincreation.org/takingdinos.htm`
Great article refuting some of the claims that the dinosaus and men co-existed.
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

bizzt wrote:
Even if Behemoth did refer to dinasours I don't see anything in Job 41 where they entered the ark. Especially when God has already answered the question with a "no.''
Nope Wayne implied that he was not sure if God was refering to Dinosaurs.
I think it wouild be reading God's mind to read a dinasour into that verse! I think God is trying to get Job realize how small he is in comparison to him. I don't think it really matters what the animal is. Unless we were there physically its unwise to be so sure that it is a dino, because when I saw the verse in the Hebrew the meaning of the word is unknown.
Nope not that one either??
I wasn't alive when God spoke to Job so I don't know what the animal was, but does it really matter what it is? Even if it were a dinasour, where is God telling Job that the dinos climbed aboard the ark? Thats not the point of the passage. God is trying to humble Job and get Job to worship Him. What's so hard to understand about that? Wink
Maybe this one :? Nope not that one. But Consistency in saying that HE IS UNSURE if it is Describing a Dinosaur or not...
Thanks! But actually I am saying that God isn't telling Job that the dinasours and men co-existed. God is getting Job to worship Him and I am amazed that the YEC people can't see that. God isn't proving scientific creationism in Job 38-41.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

bizzt wrote: Maybe this one :? Nope not that one. But Consistency in saying that HE IS UNSURE if it is Describing a Dinosaur or not...
http://www.answersincreation.org/takingdinos.htm`
Great article refuting some of the claims that the dinosaus and men co-existed.
As you were saying, Biz?
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

What I have been saying is that it doesn't matter if the animal is a dinasour or not. What God is doing is getting Job to worship Him!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

waynes world wrote: doesn't matter if the animal is a dinasour or not.
It does if that's the topic of the debate.