Are Aliens Real?

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Mystical
Valued Member

Are Aliens Real?

Post by Mystical »

Do you guys think aliens are real?

Prime Minister on UFOs
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

Most alien stories are a myth to begin with. There is little evidence to support them, despite what much conspiracy [poop] says and if these experiences do occur, it is due to demonic influence.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by ryo dokomi »

ohh i had to put this, my father thinks that he was ubducted...he is so out of his mind. he gives a whole story, its stupid... http://www.StupidVideos.com/?VideoID=648
...go here to see what happens to aliens...
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. I don't really care.
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Are Aliens Real?

Post by B. W. »

Mystical wrote:Do you guys think aliens are real?

Prime Minister on UFOs

Well - would Michael Jackson qualify?
-
-
-
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

B. W. wrote:

Prime Minister on UFOs

-
-
-

LMAO! I was so depressed reading the other posts and how people are arguing, nitpicking and insulting one another left and right, then I read this and burst into laughter. Thanks for the cheer B.W. It reminded me of the small part Michael Jackson played in Men In Black. So funny (and so true).
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Byblos wrote:
B. W. wrote:

Prime Minister on UFOs

-
-
-

LMAO! I was so depressed reading the other posts and how people are arguing, nitpicking and insulting one another left and right, then I read this and burst into laughter. Thanks for the cheer B.W. It reminded me of the small part Michael Jackson played in Men In Black. So funny (and so true).
So as long as we are insulting fallen Pop stars you'll be happy?

lol

Just messing with you,
for your sake I will no longer purposely insult people except for KMart of course.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

If aliens are real would that mean God gave them life?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
IRQ Conflict
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Only if you believe God created the universe. Oh, wait, he did.

My thoughts on 'aliens' the kind from 'out there' are that they may be a satanic deception. The Word states that in the last days there will be a deception so strong that if it were possible the very elect would believe.

It wouldn't take satan much to bring a 'chariot of fire' down to earth 'we come in peace' to help humanity with all it's problems.

Disclaimer: My theory alone. The Bible does not mention this in any way shape or form. ;)
Bernie
Familiar Member

Post by Bernie »

Do you guys think aliens are real?
Yes. I think my wife is an alien. From Mars or someplace.
led
Recognized Member

Post by led »

No... men are from Mars, women are from Venus. :mrgreen:
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.” //klinkenberg.tripod.com/lifeinkorea
M7nyc
Newbie Member

Are aliens real?

Post by M7nyc »

God calls the church His bride (Revelation 21:2-9). He doesn't talk of marrying any other group. Either God doesn't care about aliens or they don't exist.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) is funded because mankind intuitively feels there must be other intelligent life in the universe. There's just one problem, society refuses to see that Intelligent Life is the Lord Jesus Christ. There are God and His angels. There are also fallen angels and demons. I say there's plenty of intelligent life "out there." If science could take the blinders off their eyes and accept the authority of God's word the SETI money could be better spent.

I used to be an atheist, and scientific progress was my savior. Now I'm a Christian rejoicing that my great great grandfather removed was not an ape.

Blessings,

Michael
bluesman
Established Member

aliens

Post by bluesman »

If there are other aliens out there then God is their creator.
If so did he also send Jesus there?
There is only one Satan so when he is bound for a 1000 years here that would affect all the universe right?

Jesus is going to rule here on earth, so who would rule these alien worlds?

Are we that hope to rule with Christ for eternity going to spread the gospel to the rest of the Universe?

Maybe the aliens already have eternal life and are waiting to welcome us when Jesus returns?

Okay this all just some wild crazy imagination . Only God knows.

Michael
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Howdy, ok this might sound a little strange but what we are seeing today could very well be angelic "hosts of heaven" (or UFO's) as seen back in the old days..

http://www.alienresistance.org/christianufo.htm

Dr. Hugh Ross from RTB holds this view too...

http://www.reasons.org/

Looks like Rich Deem would disagree with this approach.

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/nephilim.html

At least this is my belief about it.. Maybe not everyone here.

G -
Kerux
Established Member

Post by Kerux »

Several years ago someone made a calculation about the probablity of how many other potential earths there could be in the universe. I believe it went something like this:

If there is a one in a million probabilty of there being another earth in each of the known galaxies, then there are approximately 100,000 other earths in our universe. Keep in mind, this was several years ago and many other galaxies have been discovered since.

Update:

Since I last look into this much has been discovered: I found this:

THE NUMBERS:

1. Of the 500,000,000,000 galaxies in the universe, 10% are suitable for life in regard to galaxy-cluster density.

This leaves 50,000,000,000 galaxies in which life could occur.

THE NUMBERS:

12. Of the 10 galaxies left in #11, 10% have a suitable dwarf galaxy absorption rate.

This leaves 1 galaxy in which life could occur.

Conclusions

1. It is highly UNlikely that there are any other planets in the universe which have life on them, if the percentages and average chances are taken into consideration. -- Dr. Ross gives more than 300 parameters which would need to be fulfilled for life to exist anywhere in the universe, and he explains that for them to be filled by chance occurrence would be one chance out of 10282.

2. The chance of a life-supporting planet/sun system occurring randomly is so small that it is fully rational to conclude that the existence of our solar system is probably the result of an intelligent designer.

Here:

http://www.geocities.com/worldview_3/et ... ility.html

Of course, I believe my views to be true.
If I didn't, I would change my views.