The New Jerusalem

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
smrpgx
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

The New Jerusalem

Post by smrpgx »

Wish all these depressing topics about the end, the rapture, the wars, disasters, etc. I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic about something positive.

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. {2} I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. {3} And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. {4} He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." {5} He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." {6} He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. {7} He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

:shock: This sounds incredible!
Fisherman
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by Fisherman »

Yes! It does sound wonderful! Holy! Holy! Holy! Lord God Almighty!
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Let me add this...

Hebrews 12:22
"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,"

Galatians 4:26
"...but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all."

Spiritually speaking, you are there already.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
madscientist
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

new jerusalem...

Post by madscientist »

Interesting...
many ppl i know believe no such thing... they think 'heaven' is just a feeling, not an actual place. The Bible says otherewise. But to start with, this world here could also be an imagnination etc... im too philispohical...
But ya. I kno itll b the best place to be in. But an actual place or feeling? Only God knows...
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: new jerusalem...

Post by Canuckster1127 »

madscientist wrote:Interesting...
many ppl i know believe no such thing... they think 'heaven' is just a feeling, not an actual place. The Bible says otherewise. But to start with, this world here could also be an imagnination etc... im too philispohical...
But ya. I kno itll b the best place to be in. But an actual place or feeling? Only God knows...
God does know and certainly better than anyone of us.

When God tells us something in the Bible I believe we can know based on that.

What do you believe the Bible says about heaven?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender