Is Sexual Enhancement wrong?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
...In Heaven...
Acquainted Member

Is Sexual Enhancement wrong?

Post by ...In Heaven... »

Does the bible say anything about whether or not it is OK to desire and/or to proceed in sexual enhancement (such as penile enlargement, or products to strengthen climax in men or women, etc.)?

It seems a bit weird to ask, but I wanted to know, because it's not generally addressed from a Christian perspective.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Besides the law that says though shalt not get plastic surgery ;), I see nothing wrong with plastic surgery or what have you in in and of themself. Yet then I wonder why anyone would want to do such things, especially changes that focus on ones sexuality so much. Some may have good reasons, others may have psychological issues, while others still may simply desire the changes for reasons which may not be appropriate.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

Also of course, getting enhancements when you really don't need them is like telling God you aren't made well enough. It says he made us perfect in His image in the Bible.
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

Thinker wrote:Also of course, getting enhancements when you really don't need them is like telling God you aren't made well enough. It says he made us perfect in His image in the Bible.
Yeah maybe but some have been made more perfect than others and some have just gotten a really raw deal so I don't know if I believe that I think its just a general statement.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

XenonII wrote:
Thinker wrote:Also of course, getting enhancements when you really don't need them is like telling God you aren't made well enough. It says he made us perfect in His image in the Bible.
Yeah maybe but some have been made more perfect than others and some have just gotten a really raw deal so I don't know if I believe that I think its just a general statement.
People cannot be made more "perfect" than others. Perfection does not exist. A lot of people wish they were more sexually enhanced, in what ever area that may be in the sexual part of their lives, but also the number of people wanting to get sexually enhanced has increased dramatically due to what the person has seen or some other factor.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Thinker wrote:Perfection does not exist.
Think on these two things you've stated for a moment. ;)

In relation to your words within the first quote, I believe the Bible says we were made in God's image and that God considered His creation 'good' and 'very good', but never stated it was 'perfect'.

In relation to your words within the latter quote, I don't see it as implausible to consider God as epitomizing perfection.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Kurieuo wrote:
Thinker wrote:Perfection does not exist.
Think on these two things you've stated for a moment. ;)

In relation to your words within the first quote, I believe the Bible says we were made in God's image and that God considered His creation 'good' and 'very good', but never stated it was 'perfect'.

In relation to your words within the latter quote, I don't see it as implausible to consider God as epitomizing perfection.

Kurieuo.
Sorry, I went a step further and made it "perfect" instead of "good" or "very good" because that, to me, is what God has done, I think he has made us "perfect" both inside and out. The fact that we are biological organisms (people) who can exist on their own eating biological food is amazing to me so they don't need to be "plugged" in, machinery on the other hand are not a biological organisms like we are, but similar in operation, and needs biological things to exist upon itself like humans or needs to be plugged in to exist.

For perfection, I am saying that within our societies, our world in whole, nobody can be perfect than they already naturally are, that perfection beyond natural doesn't exist. If someone has over developed breasts genetically for either both male and female, or any other thing that makes them feel bad and it is genuine, then I would support the idea to get them fixed up. But if you are like what I mentioned AND want to look like a model, you are trying to look "perfect". On the sexual side, even though you go through sexual enhancement and you are pleased with it, you still wont find the perfection you want. Breast implants can cause leakage which can cause problems, it also can cause very sore backs. Vaginal plastic surgery is also ridiculous considering these girls/women want to "rock your world". Penile implants can make one satisfied for a while for them and their partner, but, the lengthening and/or girth that is the operation is tricky months after recovering because it isn't "perfected" and erection problems can exist most of the time.

Good ol' Discovery Health Channel :lol:.
XenonII
Established Member

Post by XenonII »

Thinker wrote:
XenonII wrote:
People cannot be made more "perfect" than others. Perfection does not exist. A lot of people wish they were more sexually enhanced, in what ever area that may be in the sexual part of their lives, but also the number of people wanting to get sexually enhanced has increased dramatically due to what the person has seen or some other factor.
Perfection cant/doesn't exist on earth..there's a Bible verse about it somewher...completely forgot about that. :)