Answering an atheist

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Vergil
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Answering an atheist

Post by Vergil »

This is getting interesting :mrgreen:
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Hortator wrote:
Audie wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Audie wrote:
IceMobster wrote:Horator, back away from the pink unicorn riding lady! :mrgreen:
Any chance you could back away from your childish sniping?
Well, like, I tried to lighten up the mood since you are all like "You don't want me here do you?" which is not what he said. -_-*
Im sure he can speak for himself
No, he's right. I wasn't saying anything else beyond what I was saying.

edit: but I will put more content into my posts. Audie and I like to post with brevity, but on the internet, a lot can be lost in translation if you are not clear. There's only, like, 100 smilies we can choose from, and rarely do any of them match the situation: :moped:

Brevity is not the same as lack of content; one can say a lot in a few words, if the other is willing to actually look at what you wrote. An alternative is to go on and on saying it one way then another.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Audie..

I think B.W. is curious. About what drew you here, why you stay, not in a "you shouldnt be here" more in a "glad youre here, stop being stubborn and just give in to God"

You and I have talked in pm, I wont go over it again on here,just keep tackling that wall a brick at a time!

How long you gonna run from Him?
Change direction, run towards Him, give it a go, dare ya.

Trust me, I pointed a toe towards God, ready to bolt the other way, now, I cant get close enough.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Vergil
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Vergil »

Clearly we all have our battles to be fought
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

If Audie left this place would be a much duller place. And I wouldn't get those moments of reading her posts/responses I so love and crack me up immensely (not a condescending statement, quit the opposite). And the reason for B.W. talking to you IS about personal growth to grown in/with Him. I know sometimes it doesn't come off that way, but he cares about your soul, which is the only reason why he talks to you. Sometimes the only way to break walls and misconceptions is to bluntly face them. And no one can face them if they never see them (or firmly believe they don't exist). Something we all need help with...
Pedantic
Newbie Member

Post by Pedantic »

The many of the issues you are all arguing about relate to what is termed the problem of suffering or the problem of evil which follows these premises
P1: If an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent god exists, then evil does not.
P2: There is evil in the world.
P3: Therefore, an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent God does not exist

So perhaps the original question should not be "who's prayer would be answered, attacker or victim?" but why did God create a world in which there are attackers and victims?

There are of course many counter arguments to this (google it; the number of countering theodicies is staggering) however in my opinion this issue has never really been adequately resolved.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Pedantic wrote:The many of the issues you are all arguing about relate to what is termed the problem of suffering or the problem of evil which follows these premises
P1: If an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent god exists, then evil does not.
P2: There is evil in the world.
P3: Therefore, an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent God does not exist

So perhaps the original question should not be "who's prayer would be answered, attacker or victim?" but why did God create a world in which there are attackers and victims?

There are of course many counter arguments to this (google it; the number of countering theodicies is staggering) however in my opinion this issue has never really been adequately resolved.

Read the Mark Twain piece I linked earlier, and see if it nerds further discusdion.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Mallz wrote:If Audie left this place would be a much duller place. And I wouldn't get those moments of reading her posts/responses I so love and crack me up immensely (not a condescending statement, quit the opposite). And the reason for B.W. talking to you IS about personal growth to grown in/with Him. I know sometimes it doesn't come off that way, but he cares about your soul, which is the only reason why he talks to you. Sometimes the only way to break walls and misconceptions is to bluntly face them. And no one can face them if they never see them (or firmly believe they don't exist). Something we all need help with...
Under The Breath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRp7ZcCU1Y
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.