The general introduction for non-believers

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Judah wrote:
Felgar wrote: Finally, I also want to make clear that I strictly believe that the Bible IS 100% self-consistent. I think you're wrong in your assertion to the contrary, and perhaps that is a major hurdle for you. If the Bible DOES appear to be inconsistent, then the failing is in our understanding, not in the Bible itself.

Understand that the Bible is represented as the Word of God - in it, by definition, there cannot be falsity, and there must therefore be no inconsistencies. And I can promise that if you take the time to study it, you will come to understand that there are absolutely no inconsistencies whatsoever.
I am always amazed that someone will doubt God rather than doubt himself. It is such an arrogant position to take. If I don't understand something, it is not God who has got it wrong... it can only be me. Just because I don't know how the world came into being, how does that imply there is no God... or if something in the Bible doesn't make sense to me, that God cannot be relied upon anymore? Why must people question God rather than their own puny finite minds which are so horrendously limitted by comparison?
That is a fair point Judah but only if you are a strong Christian and have accepted Christ. For Caldreg and other people on their journey towards God it is hard not to doubt. When you have been saved then it is easier to live by that apologetic rule that God is right, The bible is right - I am wrong and my interpretation is wrong.

It is different depending on where you are on your journey to becoming a Christian.

I myself had great problems with the bible when I started on my journey but have gradually learnt to explore my interpretation on these matters to find reconciliation. The further I travel the less I doubt the bible and ultimately God.

God Bless

Silvertusk.