Questions About Satan

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
kevdog19
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Questions About Satan

Post by kevdog19 »

it's fine, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

1. Is this the true appearance of Satan? why would it have 2 horns? I don't know, that's jusdt how it appeared to me.

2. how do you invoke him? and how do you perform the banishing ritual?you invoke him through ritual, start creating corespondances between physical actions, words, thoughts, and unconcious inclinations with Satan, you can make these up basically, the point is that your associating things with Satan. Emotional overload is pretty important to, which emotion isn't that importasnt just that the reaction is powerful. My banishing ritual is pretty simple, I make the sign of the pentagram with my fingurer and visualize it in blue then I try to focuse all my energies on it, kinda let myself drain. I finish with a call to protection from the archangels. You could usde any symbol that brings you comfort though.

3. if he obeys you (as you said he only has power we give him), does that imply that you have power over him? that's tough to say because your possesed, but you still have power over your mind just not your body. But it's like you become the macrocosm and Satan is a uniting microcosm.

4.if the answer to the above question is yes, then would you say his power is temporal or transferred and if so then doesn't that mean you are more powerful than him, in principle. if yes, then why revere him? makes the whole point void and null. I don't worship Satan or any other deity.

5. if the answer to question 3 is 'NO', then why doesn't he has his own power exerted forcefully? why does he only has power we give him? does Satan believes in free will for all? Because Satan unites with you and you feel like you are Satan. I would imagine Satan believes in free will.

6. once you meet him and get knowledge of the true nature and the world that is hidden? does that make it any good for you? i mean what do you get out of all this? just a heightened sense of things? i'd say pretty petty. supernatural powers and a heightened scense of awarness about the hidden world.

7. if the 6th question is wrong, does that mean Satan can give you power? i mean power to do something that can't be done otherwise or lets say by human means? yes, I levitated on one occasion while possesed, that's not human.

8. is that power eternal or just for the time being, can it be manifested before any 5 senses? is there a limit to which this power is restrained?some are just for the time that your possesed other things stick.

9. if you can give the evil eye? does that mean you have control over your spirit, as in your spirit can leave your body? like you said, you can bounce your soul off others to give them seizures, please elaborate. you pretty much hit it on the head, I close my right eye and let just part of my soul out of the body and your conciosness will follow it like a video camera and you try to approach someones eye and you bounce off.

10. in my experience, i have only seen demons making people slaves, torture, and causing them pain, at least those i have seen were like this. does this mean that demons dont have a guide to follow they just do what they like? if yes then they are like a bunch of bullies preying on the weak.
they torture the weak and help the strong, though possesion isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, it's very interesting and empowering and well worth it.
11. does they presence of a demon in your body overrules your own self, like mind, will, thoughts, etc etc. it overrules your body, you move how they want you to move, you have a complete controle over your mind.

12. if you have a demon in your body, can you lets say ask him to levitate you, do they have that kind of power? yes

13. if you have a demon in your body, you said you wouldn't necessary act evil. OK fine, my question would the demon make you do something for his own pleasure? can you deny him? It makes you feel evil but not to sound strange it's like in a good way. You don't want to deny them.

14. do demons engage in sexual activities through any means? I don't know, I've never been like demonically raped.

15. would you like to be a demon once you die? if yes, is there a way to achieve this? yes, and I don't know.

16. in my xp, the presence of some demons are accompanied with strong stench of urine and human excrement, sometimes, decay or rotten meat, is this something only apparent to the person who is exorcising a demon or also to the person who's got a demon? if yes, man how do you keep up with it? (no offense) I don't wet myself if that's what your asking.

17. i once stared face to face with a demon, eye to eye, of course in hostility, i was praying for an old lady, the demon was very angry, and by its hostility, i knew he wanted to rip me apart, but despite the challenge, it couldn't, he even told me he wanted too and i told him he is more than welcome to try it. since you are more close to them and know about them, any ideas why the fellow didn't try it? i was a weak, small, tiny human. maybe he was just trying to scare or tempt you, like a test.

18. have you ever dined with demons in private? do they eat or ever want to eat? i have seen some satanists offering blood in real life, dead birds, meat and other things at specific places for demons. any ideas? I used to make blood sacrafices but I don't think it's necesary.

19. have you ever had a choking experience with a demon or any hostile engagement with them?
Satan almost killed me, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It's all a test.
20. finally how do you know what you saw wasn't your fantasy monster? no pun intended, im serious. unless you have a sign or something to prove what you saw was real how are you sure. given that you say you were once in a mental institution. how do you separate the real from un real. i only want to understand how do you justify it yourself in your own mind. im not asking this question to you to prove it here to me or anyone else. I believe it's real because of the strong physical effect on me. Alot of geniouses are alittle mad, I just have a very powerful unconcious mind.

I understand these are a lot of question, you can answer them one by one if you feel like it, some questions only require a sentence answer, so you think you can do that for me.

thnx

p.s: last question, when you got inspired from satan, what exactly was it? and how did you follow it?[/quote]
I don't feel it's right to deny a God.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

kevdog19 wrote:been drug free for 5 years, I still smoke cigs. I don't think I have any long term effects from the K. My guarding angel looks out for me.
How can that be true, Kevin when you stated this:
kevdog19 wrote:I just lost it man, I was taking on to much of my unconcious mind at once, was hearing voices and letting multiple demons into my spirit at once (big no no, limit it to one at a time) I thought I could handle any kind of power and energy but it just became to much, I created an alter ego and it would ask me quistions and administer electric shocks when I lied, don't get me wrong, it soothed me when I told the truth. It took me a long time to put it back in the box.
Does not sound like that angel has your best interest at heart - it is controlling you - not you it. It seeks to repay you in kind in a most vile manner.

So you are hearing voices and have created an alter ego - more drug induced talk as well as disproves your long post. You asked this:
kevdog19 wrote:I feel that I'm clean, it's been a long time. Yeah Ketamine is a strong drug but you can shake it off eventually. You make it seem like it's impossible.
Now you admit to hearing voices and letting multiple demons into your being and Ketamine had no lasting effects on you? You are kidding right? the evidence betray's you and in another post you admitted that you lie.

What's the spirit's name?

You, right now, can you see how the devil is driving you mad and ruining your life despite the lies you stated in your last post glorifying doom and death. That is what the devils desire for your life and anyone else’s who follow such dribbling lies will be unless you call upon the Lord Jesus Christ who defeat all the works of the wicked ones...

You really do sound like you have critters and are in need of deliverance, counseling, and drug treatment.

Where are you from - I may know people there that maybe able to help you with deliverance, counseling, and drug treatment so you can find the true power of Jesus Christ and his blood which defeated all the works of the evil one.

What's the spirit's name?

Jesus Christ is far-far-far greater than satan and only he can set you free. Become born again, ask Jesus to save you from those demons and seek some help to learn how to remain free.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

Yeah I still hear voices, and other strange sounds, sometimes my mind just creates music. But thats always been the case, didn't take K to start that. The alter ego, yeah I think that was mainly the drug. No regrets though, you live and you learn. I'm alittle confused as to when I admitted to lying, unless your talking about me lying to my alter ego and getting shocked, but honestly it was so deep seeded, that I hardly knew I was lying. I appreciate your concern but I'm not really into the Jesus saving my soul thing, plus I don't have any desire to go back to using so I don't need help with drugs. I'm happy the way things are.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

kevdog19 wrote:Yeah I still hear voices, and other strange sounds, sometimes my mind just creates music. But thats always been the case, didn't take K to start that. The alter ego, yeah I think that was mainly the drug. No regrets though, you live and you learn. I'm alittle confused as to when I admitted to lying, unless your talking about me lying to my alter ego and getting shocked, but honestly it was so deep seeded, that I hardly knew I was lying. I appreciate your concern but I'm not really into the Jesus saving my soul thing, plus I don't have any desire to go back to using so I don't need help with drugs. I'm happy the way things are.
What would you do if the demons chose to stay away from you and not give you power?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

It would be rough but life goes on. I don't think that will ever happen though, as I've gotten older it occurs more often.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Do you have any friends or people you know who also practice these things with you? Or is it a soley personal thing ?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

It's just me. Though I have one person I know who believes in Telepathy and stuff like that.
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

I also have a good friend who's a Laveyan Satanist, but that's pretty much off the mark as they're Atheists.
hardthinkingben
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by hardthinkingben »

eric246 wrote: I do believe that Satan exists
Getting back to the original topic i was wondering if anyone has ever looked up the word satan in a dictionary suggest as wikipedia? Because i just did and it confirmed my belief that the word satan was never intended to be a proper noun. I also disagree that all sin can be traced back to a devil rather all sin can be traced back to our own lusts. As james 1:14 says "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed."

What makes you so sure a devil really exists when it is quite possible that the devil is a metaphor for lust?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

hardthinkingben wrote:
eric246 wrote: I do believe that Satan exists
Getting back to the original topic i was wondering if anyone has ever looked up the word satan in a dictionary suggest as wikipedia? Because i just did and it confirmed my belief that the word satan was never intended to be a proper noun. I also disagree that all sin can be traced back to a devil rather all sin can be traced back to our own lusts. As james 1:14 says "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed."

What makes you so sure a devil really exists when it is quite possible that the devil is a metaphor for lust?
The bible speaks of Satan along with all his followers as living individual beings and uses the metaphor of a hypnotic slow moving serpent/snake seeking to strike, poison, and devour to describe the mode of operation of such beings and the devil himself. Several names were given to describe Satan's character such as serpent, Lucifer, great dragon, Leviathan, king of Babylon, king of Tyre, Covering Cherub, father of lies, etc. You cannot tie up emotions such as lust. Only a living entity can be and then cast away from God's presence forever. God himself speaks to Satan as a person and not as a impersonal emotional force: As it is written:

Job 1:7 And the LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."

Gen 3:1 - Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"

Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with His severe sword, great and strong, Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan that twisted serpent; And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea.

2 Co 11:14 - And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

Rev 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 20:2 - He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years...

Rev 13:4, 5, 6 - So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" 5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

John 8:44 - You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Ezekiel 28:12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19c - "Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. 14 "You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. 15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. 16 "By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones. 17 "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you. 18 "You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you.19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever."

Isaiah 14:12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17c -"How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! 13 For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.' 15 Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit. 16 "Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: 'Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms, 17 Who made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, Who did not open the house of his prisoners?'

So if you have chosen the path of the dragon and do not repent, you will perish alongside the entities who seek to devour you with continual ruination. The devil and his minions are true deceivers and those who choose that path will be forsaken to their clutches…

Mat 25:41 - "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:… 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
-
-
-
Bible quotes are all from the NKJV
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Katabole
Valued Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by Katabole »

hardthinkingben wrote:the word satan was never intended to be a proper noun
Your right. Many theist scholars believe that the book of Job is the oldest book in the Bible and since the name Satan is used there some believe it is a noun, hence his name. But on further textual criticism, the name Lucifer found in the book of Isaiah would be the original name given to Satan and it is a noun.

Satan (the accuser) is called many different things within scripture, aside from his original name Lucifer (prononced heylel or halal), in the sense of brightness of countenance, in Hebrew meaning the morning star. According to what I understand as to why he is called that particular name, Satan, it is because day and night he "accuses" God as to why he created and maintains the human race. Each name given to Lucifer in the Bible, evokes a different aspect of his personality, enabling the reader of the Bible to establish a character sketch of who and what he actually is.

In the book of Genesis he is called the serpent (a Hebrew word pronounced Nakhash meaning, the shining one.)
Some scholars believe he is the death angel in the book of Exodus.
He is called Satan in the book of Job and also metaphorically called the Leviathan in that book.
In Psalm 10 he is called the 'man of the earth.'
Again in numerous passages in Psalms he is called simply wicked or the wicked one.
In the books of Kings and Isaiah he is called the Assyrian, due to his personality trait like the ancient Assyrian kings of making war.
In Ezekiel 28 he is prophetically called the king of Tyre where his ultimate destiny is spelled out.
In the book of Daniel he is called the little horn and the vile person both titles are prophetic.

In the New Testament, again, he is called different names and/or titles.

He is called very familiarily the devil.
The deceiver.
In the Gospel of John and 2Thess ch 2 he is called the son of perdition, that is, the son that perishes.
The evil one.
In Revelation he is called the dragon, relating the fact that a dragon will not be ruled and that old serpent, relating to the serpent which he is first called in Genesis. Many believe he is also the second "beast" in Rev 13, because he looked like the lamb but spoke like the dragon, meaning the second beast is the dragon. Others believe he is that great star which fell into the sea, where the sea is a sea of people. I happen to believe he is also the false prophet and the antichrist mentioned in that book, where they are different official roles he will play, of the same character, Lucifer.

James 1:14 which you quoted, does indirectly relate to him for he is the one that entices humans to lust and then sin, just like he did to Eve in the garden of Eden.

It would be hard, in fact probably impossible to believe that the devil is only a metaphor for lust, once all names and titles are used and applied to all the scriptures where he is either directly or indirectly represented. It is clearly speaking of a powerful, diabolical, beautiful, extremely intelligent entity, diametrically opposed to the Creator God with absolutely no redeeming qualities.
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
hardthinkingben
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by hardthinkingben »

I thought Lucifer just meant morning star and is used in the bible of the kings of babylon (isaiah 14:3-20) and tyre (ezekial 28:11-19)

Leviathan i understood to mean a great sea creature - possibly a whale from its description in job 41. I accept that a whale could be used as a metaphor for a supernatural devil but think it more likely to be a metaphor for lust.

Psalm 10 gives an example of a wicked person not being punished directly after commiting crimes but doesn't really make me think of a supernatural devil

I agree that an accuser in the book of job slandered job but that doesn't make him a fallen angel.

I would say that the quote from 2corithians11:14 has been misinterpreted and agree with the seventh day adventist position found at- animalshttp://www.wrestedscriptures.com/b07satan/2cor ... 11v14.html hquite an interesting site

Hard for me to comment on the revelation quotes as i haven't done much study in that area.

Im not sure about the john 8:44 reference. You could have a point there.

Lots of bible scholars don't believe in the devil and find it ridiculous that anyone could. This goes for pretty well everyone i know so it can't be that hard.
Katabole
Valued Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by Katabole »

Hardthinkingben, who do you believe Jesus was speaking to in the temptation in the desert found in Matt ch 4 and Luke ch 4? If I follow your train of thought lust would be personified in those chapters? Correct? Do you then believe Jesus was talking to himself?
hardthinkingben wrote:Lots of bible scholars don't believe in the devil and find it ridiculous that anyone could.
They're the type of 'scholars' I would find ridiculous that anyone would listen to or take seriously.
hardthinkingben wrote:Hard for me to comment on the revelation quotes as i haven't done much study in that area.
So you are making assumptions about Biblical interpretation, claiming that you are correct, without including all scriptures on a topic before you make a hypothesis? Your method is called selective interpretation.
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

hardthinkingben wrote:I thought Lucifer just meant morning star and is used in the bible of the kings of babylon (isaiah 14:3-20) and tyre (ezekial 28:11-19)

Leviathan i understood to mean a great sea creature - possibly a whale from its description in job 41. I accept that a whale could be used as a metaphor for a supernatural devil but think it more likely to be a metaphor for lust.

Psalm 10 gives an example of a wicked person not being punished directly after commiting crimes but doesn't really make me think of a supernatural devil

I agree that an accuser in the book of job slandered job but that doesn't make him a fallen angel.

I would say that the quote from 2corithians11:14 has been misinterpreted and agree with the seventh day adventist position found at- animalshttp://www.wrestedscriptures.com/b07satan/2cor ... 11v14.html hquite an interesting site

Hard for me to comment on the revelation quotes as i haven't done much study in that area.

Im not sure about the john 8:44 reference. You could have a point there.

Lots of bible scholars don't believe in the devil and find it ridiculous that anyone could. This goes for pretty well everyone i know so it can't be that hard.
When "bible scholars" and Jesus Christ explicitly disagree, I don't throw my weight behind the "scholars".
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

CeT-To wrote:Paul, how is satan described in the Jewish religion?
In a few different ways it seems:
Some don't view him as an actual person/angel, but a "notion" of sorts.
Others view Him like this:
http://www.beingjewish.com/basics/satan.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... satan.html

Or from Wiki:
Hebrew Apocrypha

The Apocrypha are religious writings which are not generally accepted as scripture by Judaism and many modern-day Protestant sects of Christianity. In the Book of Wisdom, the devil is represented as the one who brought death into the world.[7]

The 2nd Book of Enoch, also called the Slavonic Book of Enoch, contains references to a Watcher Grigori called Satanael.[8] It is a pseudepigraphic text of an uncertain date and unknown authorship. The text describes Satanael as being the prince of the Grigori who was cast out of heaven[9] and an evil spirit who knew the difference between what was "righteous" and "sinful".[10] A similar story is found in the book of 1 Enoch; however, in that book, the leader of the Grigori is called Semjâzâ.

In the apocryphal literature, Satan rules over a host of angels.[11] Mastema, who induced God to test Abraham through the sacrifice of Isaac, is identical with Satan in both name and nature.[12]

For the Chasidic Jews of the eighteenth century, Ha-satan was Baal Davar.[13] The Book of Enoch contains references to Satariel, thought also to be Sataniel and Satan'el (etymology dating back to Babylonian origins). The similar spellings mirror that of his angelic brethren Michael, Raphael, Uriel and Gabriel, previous to his expulsion from Heaven.

http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation7.html