Losing Faith

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
konk353535
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Losing Faith

Post by konk353535 »

Hello just feel like im slowly losing a little bit a faith every time i learn something that is for the evolutionist i keep trying to find facts for creation and find them but they dont seem to quence my hunger and i have been reading and found that even if we had all the answers someone would come up with another theory for us to disprove. So im asking how do you guys keep your faith so strong every time you learn something that is for evolution. im guessing someone will say that god may of used evolution and yer he may have but if we keep saying to every new theory yer god may have used that theory arent we just hipocrats changing our faith whenever it suits?

Anyway some help needed greatly anything to hold on to my faith and get closer to god :)

thank you for reading sorry for the badly worded question im not really the best at english :)
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Losing Faith

Post by jlay »

I used to let every announcement of such discoveries get me all bent out of shape. Then I realized that there is absolutley no discovery that could undermine what I know and have experienced about the truth of Jesus Christ.

What we have to realize is that we are fighting a spiritual war. We have a real enemy, and he comes to steal, kill and destroy. He wants to destroy your hope and your faith. And we are utter fools if we think that man's world is not the territory where this spiritual war is being fought. And so, all these 'discoveries' and such can be weapons and strongholds of the enemy. (Not to say they all are) The bible warns us that even the elect can be deceived.

Yes, some will say that God used evolution, or that he could have used evolution. They are certainly free to say that and believe it. I for one do not. In fact, I think there is good evidence to show that evolution is not merely a scientific theory, but a religious ideology that is rooted in anti-theistic thinking. And good evidnece to show that this field is not simply an innocent, benevolent, truth seeking endeavor to understand causes, but one that is riddled with deception and hidden agenda. And so you can see why I cringe when I hear Christians trying to assuage others worries about evolution by saying it can 'fit' with biblical Christianity. I am not saying someone who does accept evolution can't be saved, or even a vibrant Christian. They can and are. But to put it bluntly. I believe they are deceived. And since even the elect can be decieved, we shouldn't be surprised.

Many Christians want to reconcile their faith to what the world claims as fact and science. But the bottom line is, God sent His son, born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died and rose from the dead. This flies in the face of anything scientific. The devil has been attacking this truth, and will continue. And will use any means necesarry.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

jlay wrote:I used to let every announcement of such discoveries get me all bent out of shape. Then I realized that there is absolutley no discovery that could undermine what I know and have experienced about the truth of Jesus Christ.

What we have to realize is that we are fighting a spiritual war. We have a real enemy, and he comes to steal, kill and destroy. He wants to destroy your hope and your faith. And we are utter fools if we think that man's world is not the territory where this spiritual war is being fought. And so, all these 'discoveries' and such can be weapons and strongholds of the enemy. (Not to say they all are) The bible warns us that even the elect can be deceived.

Yes, some will say that God used evolution, or that he could have used evolution. They are certainly free to say that and believe it. I for one do not. In fact, I think there is good evidence to show that evolution is not merely a scientific theory, but a religious ideology that is rooted in anti-theistic thinking. And good evidnece to show that this field is not simply an innocent, benevolent, truth seeking endeavor to understand causes, but one that is riddled with deception and hidden agenda. And so you can see why I cringe when I hear Christians trying to assuage others worries about evolution by saying it can 'fit' with biblical Christianity. I am not saying someone who does accept evolution can't be saved, or even a vibrant Christian. They can and are. But to put it bluntly. I believe they are deceived. And since even the elect can be decieved, we shouldn't be surprised.

Many Christians want to reconcile their faith to what the world claims as fact and science. But the bottom line is, God sent His son, born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, died and rose from the dead. This flies in the face of anything scientific. The devil has been attacking this truth, and will continue. And will use any means necesarry.
Well said, Jlay, very inspiring. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyway, I understand this feeling of "wavering faith" as I've experienced it myself, but I feel that I gradually grow immune as I gain experience in life. Simply put, atheism suits many people - those who never think about their future and who live lives so immoral that they pray that there is no God. However, since the absence of afterlife is not appealing to the majority of the people, atheists will try and convince you that your belief is a product of wishful thinking, not theirs. However, they have a lot more at stake than we do - if they turn out to be wrong, they'll rot in hell, so that explains (at least a part of) their aggressive propaganda... which doesn't affect the truth in any way, of course. :ewink:

I've talked a lot about the flaws of evolution to my friends at college and they seem interested, even impressed to learn what we weren't told at our biology classes (and which goes in favour of Christianity). It may not seem so, but human lives are at stake, suicide rate has grown since evolution was introduced to schools, no wonder. That stresses the importance of joining the spiritual war even more, no compromises involved, as atheists certainly won't be looking to make any.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Reactionary wrote:I've talked a lot about the flaws of evolution to my friends at college and they seem interested, even impressed to learn what we weren't told at our biology classes (and which goes in favour of Christianity). It may not seem so, but human lives are at stake, suicide rate has grown since evolution was introduced to schools, no wonder. That stresses the importance of joining the spiritual war even more, no compromises involved, as atheists certainly won't be looking to make any.
I would go so far as to say not even a little something like evolution can come between me and my faith in God. God is the author of EVERYTHING and if (and I emphasize IF) evolution was his mechanism then evolution will also testify of Him. Science, reason and faith are complementary, not contradictory as some would have us believe.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

I would go so far as to say not even a little something like evolution can come between me and my faith in God. God is the author of EVERYTHING and if (and I emphasize IF) evolution was his mechanism then evolution will also testify of Him. Science, reason and faith are complementary, not contradictory as some would have us believe.
Well said Byblos, I love the fact that you emphasized IF 8)
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
kevdog19
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by kevdog19 »

divine revalation is what should awaking logical people to god. Those that have never experienced god and still believe in it don't make sence to me. Evolution helps prove god in my oppinion but shouldn't be the reason one believes.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

konk353535 wrote:Hello just feel like im slowly losing a little bit a faith every time i learn something that is for the evolutionist i keep trying to find facts for creation and find them but they dont seem to quence my hunger and i have been reading and found that even if we had all the answers someone would come up with another theory for us to disprove. So im asking how do you guys keep your faith so strong every time you learn something that is for evolution. im guessing someone will say that god may of used evolution and yer he may have but if we keep saying to every new theory yer god may have used that theory arent we just hipocrats changing our faith whenever it suits?

Anyway some help needed greatly anything to hold on to my faith and get closer to god :)

thank you for reading sorry for the badly worded question im not really the best at english :)

I bypass evolution altogether and look at the initial conditions required for evolution to even get started in the first place. Such as the fine tuning of the universe and the conditions required for life to even exist and the probability of it happening anywhere in the universe. Then I watch programs like "Inside the Human body" on the BBC and conclude that even it is was evolution - it certainly was not random - it was definitely guided.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

kevdog19 wrote:divine revalation is what should awaking logical people to god. Those that have never experienced god and still believe in it don't make sence to me. Evolution helps prove god in my oppinion but shouldn't be the reason one believes.
Are you a Satanist on a quest - what is it then ansd why are you really here?
kevdog19 wrote:Hello, my name is Kevin, I'm a practicing theistic satanist. Don't be misled, I love Christianity and Christians and next to my faith I think it is the best one and a very positive influence on the earth. It is simply my experiences that have led me to my faith. I hope to learn alot here and have some interesting debate.
People do need to know what you believe Kevin and represent...
Quoted from wikipedia:

Theistic Satanism, also known as Traditional Satanism, Spiritual Satanism or Devil Worship, is a form of Satanism with the primary belief that Satan is an actual deity or force to revere or worship.[ Other characteristics of Theistic Satanism may include a belief in magic, which is manipulated through ritual, although that is not a defining criterion, and theistic Satanists may focus solely on devotion. Unlike the LaVeyan Satanism founded by Anton LaVey in the 1960s, Theistic Satanism is theistic as opposed to atheistic, believing that Satan (Hebrew: הַשָׂטָן ha-Satan, "the accuser") is a real being rather than a symbol of individualism...
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
luke-10
Acquainted Member

Post by luke-10 »

I feel divine revelation every day - from the beauty of the view, to the laughter of a child, to the answers of my prayers, etc.
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

I'm on a quest called life and I'm here to learn from Christians.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

kevdog19 wrote:I'm on a quest called life and I'm here to learn from Christians.
Typical answer…

How about honesty?

Define what you mean?

What do you intend to learn and what purpose?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

B. W. wrote:
kevdog19 wrote:I'm on a quest called life and I'm here to learn from Christians.
Typical answer…

How about honesty? I am being honest

Define what you mean?

I mean that I hope to learn all my life always expanding the power of my mind and living in accordance with my true will.

What do you intend to learn and what purpose? I don't know alot about the bible and the life of Christ, I also don't know alot of true Christians (know alot of selfish false Christians) so I have alot to learn and it's toward the purpose of expanding my worldview.
you could try not being so cynical and hateful towards someone with different views then yours, doesn't seem very Christ like to me.
-
-
-
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

kevdog19 wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Typical answer…

How about honesty? I am being honest

Define what you mean?

I mean that I hope to learn all my life always expanding the power of my mind and living in accordance with my true will.

What do you intend to learn and what purpose? I don't know alot about the bible and the life of Christ, I also don't know alot of true Christians (know alot of selfish false Christians) so I have alot to learn and it's toward the purpose of expanding my worldview.

you could try not being so cynical and hateful towards someone with different views then yours, doesn't seem very Christ like to me
"Dostoevski said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution.
— Saul Alinsky — Rules for Radicals, prologue

RULE 4: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity -- Saul Alinsky — Rules for Radicals

This is for those reading this:

Well the above quotes from Saul Alinsky — Rules for Radicals puts forth the reason for seeking such knowledge from Christian websites such as this. Saul Alsinsky’s 1946 work, Rules for Radicals, acknowledges Lucifer as the first radical.

The reason theistic Satanist seek knowledge is for recon of ideas in order to apply these rules of radicals to the opposition – Like rule 4 quoted above and please note Kevin’s response:
kevdog19 wrote:You could try not being so cynical and hateful towards someone with different views then yours, doesn't seem very Christ like to me
Reveals this attitude at work here…

Therefore what is your real motive, Kevin, and what makes you worship such a character that seeks to entrap the Lord God Almighty to act contrary to himself to overthrow God’s existing order?

What alternative does satan really grant –evidence is abundant on this – wars, killing, ruining of lives, deceit, seeking power to control and manipulate, hate, a whole host of things, and satan is the father of lies – what makes you think his ways are superior…
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
kevdog19
Recognized Member

Post by kevdog19 »

no, I replied that way because you were being cynical and implied I was a liar.
Respecting Satan is the same thing as the pagans respecting and paying homage to Mars. Satan in my eyes really represents Chaos as opposed to God's order and I find Chaos more inspiring. I don't worship Satan though it's more like I force him to obediance and make it worship me. Worshiping anything is a waste of our energies in my oppinion, there is a much better use of our time and energy at any given time, like producing something like a product or knowledge.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

kevdog19 wrote:no, I replied that way because you were being cynical and implied I was a liar.
Respecting Satan is the same thing as the pagans respecting and paying homage to Mars. Satan in my eyes really represents Chaos as opposed to God's order and I find Chaos more inspiring.

I don't worship Satan though it's more like I force him to obediance and make it worship me.

Worshiping anything is a waste of our energies in my oppinion, there is a much better use of our time and energy at any given time, like producing something like a product or knowledge.
There is a price to pay for foolishness thinking you control a spirit (force) as though it is worshipping you - it will come back to haunt you too no end.

These minions come to lie to you, rob from you, bring you to ruin – after the honeymoon period is over.

As you said, ‘If worshipping anything is a waste of one’s energies’ then would not the devil be wasting his time worshipping you? Are you being so foolish then??? Do you think you are wasting his time?

Here is the knowledge you need – come to Jesus Christ and be washed by His blood, cleansed, made whole and set free before it is too late…

This is the knowledge you need to know: John 8:32, 35, 36, 44c, 1 Peter 5:8, Eph 4:27, Eph 6:11, James 4:7, 1 John 3:8, John 10:10, Matthew 10:28c, John 3:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 36c

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." John 5:24 - NKJV
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: