Osama Bin Laden Killed

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Post by Seraph »

You've probably heard about it already, but it's finally happened.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Osama Bin Laden Killed

Post by Gman »

Seraph wrote:You've probably heard about it already, but it's finally happened.
Thank God.. But he will most likely be replaced by someone even nuttier. Hopefully we can leave that area now but I doubt it.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

Ladies and Gents, you have just witnessed the beginning of a new era of terror.. :?

A saying goes like this: Death is the Engine of life,

Believe me, this is not going to discourage terrorists, on the contrary, it is going to fuel their anger,
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

Perhaps..

Though the remaining al-Qaeda members might be disillusioned at the loss of the face and symbol of their organization. They aren't as organized as a country or company, with a clear list of sucessors if Bin Laden were killed. It's possible he was the glue holding it together. Plus, apparently there's only around 200 or so members left at this point.

Either way, it's a great milestone achievement and hopefully can bring a sense of symbolic closure to this war on terror.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

The movement of Al-Quaida has become a way of life, a philosophy. One dies, others will follow. While the Al-Quaida movement is dying, an another is being born, and now are polluting their ways of thinking using the net.

I really did wish this would be a stop for terrorism, but the death of Bin Ladan acts just like a comma does in a sentence. Eventually, the sentence resumes right after.

But, he got what he was looking for, Glod rest his pour soul, wherever he is (probably hell)
Last edited by FearlessLlearsy on Tue May 03, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Hate begets hate, violence begets violence.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I'll say here what I said on my facebook when the announcement came out.

Almost 10 years ago, my children were locked down in their schools and had to watch as some of their schoolmates were taken from class to either be taken by parents or told that their parents were missing. I saw the smoke rise from the Pentagon.

I don't fault the operation to take Bin Laden out. That's what countries do when their citizens are attacked and killed.

So I don't particularly have a great deal of sympathy or feel that Osama was in any way ill treated. If anything, he was treated with more dignity than many of his victims.

I refuse, however, to rejoice in the death of anyone. He and the others there are still human beings who bear the image of God, no matter how bent or twisted that image might be. This is one of those tough situations where it's tough to follow Christ and love our enemies. I just can't celebrate anyone's death
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

I agree Canuck
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I refuse, however, to rejoice in the death of anyone. He and the others there are still human beings who bear the image of God, no matter how bent or twisted that image might be. This is one of those tough situations where it's tough to follow Christ and love our enemies. I just can't celebrate anyone's death
:clap:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Canuckster1127 wrote: I refuse, however, to rejoice in the death of anyone. He and the others there are still human beings who bear the image of God, no matter how bent or twisted that image might be. This is one of those tough situations where it's tough to follow Christ and love our enemies. I just can't celebrate anyone's death
Absolutely Bart. I found it pretty astounding how people celebrated his death at the White House as if it were the Superbowl. Pretty odd.. I always think of Ezekiel 33:11 when I want to understand God's reaction to such things..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Kenzel »

Yeah, I was a little shocked when my friends were cheering over his death the next morning..It's kind of sad, really.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Some people are relived thats all, osama was responsible for more than four five thousand american civilian deaths, not to mention the troops. And here in Pakistan, in the last 5 years terrorism resulted in the deaths of more than 30,000 Pakistani casualties with over 80 percent civilian casualties, most of it carried out by alqeada and its associates, no wonder people are happy. Though I agree celebration is not called for.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

We celebrate justice being done, not the fact that another human being was killed. Although I know fully it is extremely difficult to separate the two emotions.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

The question remains: is that really Justice? As far as i know, he got the easy way out. A bullet to the head, and thats it, a split second death. A death that is as peaceful as one who dies of old age.
He was not held accountable for his crimes (at least not on earth)
He was not judged
He was not sent to prison to solitary confinement (for the rest of his life)to think about what he did
He was not officially given a death sentence to use him as an example for other terrorists
He was not tortured to give him a taste of his own medecin

In my opinion, this is not TRUE justice. It was just another cycle of revenge. (You poke my eye, I poke yours) He killed Americans and other people from different nationalities, Americans killed him for that.

Its a vicious cycle of revenge, not justice
Indeed, he did get the easy way out :shakehead:
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

FearlessLlearsy wrote:The question remains: is that really Justice? As far as i know, he got the easy way out. A bullet to the head, and thats it, a split second death. A death that is as peaceful as one who dies of old age.
He was not held accountable for his crimes (at least not on earth)
He was not judged
He was not sent to prison to solitary confinement (for the rest of his life)to think about what he did
He was not officially given a death sentence to use him as an example for other terrorists
He was not tortured to give him a taste of his own medecin

In my opinion, this is not TRUE justice. It was just another cycle of revenge. (You poke my eye, I poke yours) He killed Americans and other people from different nationalities, Americans killed him for that.

Its a vicious cycle of revenge, not justice
Indeed, he did get the easy way out :shakehead:
I agree with what you say to some degree but the man was shot dead and now is in hell for eternity... how could he have possibly gotten away with it easily?

I'm thinking though solitary confinement as you said to think about what he has done would have probably been the best idea.

Torture because of what he has done is basically revenge which is ungodly..
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!