Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by ageofknowledge »

*Grumble grumble* Merry Christmas.

McMurdo
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by McMurdo »

I want to tell you how much I appreciate this very comprehensive site. I'm from pagan England (I'm serious - where I live, Christians who believe in the authority of scripture are nearly extinct). There is a wealth of very useful material on here and I intend to use the site in future. Many thanks to the folks who have put it together.

There is obviously a very strong controversy between old-earth and young-earth creationists here. My science expertise and my ability to exegete Hebrew texts both fall short, so I have not reached any firm conclusions. I find Creation Matters and Answers in Genesis helpful as well as this site. I haven't been persuaded by either side, but I'm sometimes surprised by the heat generated by disagreements. I suspect however that the flood was global, and the Earth is younger than billions of years due to flaws in radiometric dating. I am much more interested in debunking evolution at this stage. I can't be much more dogmatic than that, however.

Blessings

McM :eugeek:
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Welcome to the board!!!!! I hope you can find out some answers to you questions about creation!!!! :wave:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

McMurdo wrote: I haven't been persuaded by either side, but I'm sometimes surprised by the heat generated by disagreements. I suspect however that the flood was global, and the Earth is younger than billions of years due to flaws in radiometric dating. I am much more interested in debunking evolution at this stage. I can't be much more dogmatic than that, however.

Blessings

McM :eugeek:
Neat. Welcome! And we hope you have some great discussion here.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Vistronic
Newbie Member

Post by Vistronic »

Hello,
Just signed up today. I was investiagting Progressive Creationism. That appears my current direction to examine the concept.
I am leaning Old earth creation at this time. Though I do not rule out Yecism. I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, I am trying to follow him "better" as in for real.
I have some Progressive idea's along with some Fundie foundations.
I go by
Vis.

Cheers.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

:wave: Greeting Vis, nice to meet you I hope you have a wonderful time here!!!! There are many great people here! I am an OEC myself, and I am closer to God than ever before, I see the beautiful designs He has made and all the hard work He put into them!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

I forgot one other thing, "Use the force Luke!" LOL I like Star Wars as well!
SweetMonkeyLove
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by SweetMonkeyLove »

Hi all I thought I'd read through the introductions until I realized there were 53 pages of them!!! I consider myself a 'recovering catholic' and I lean heavily towards atheism. My interest was taken by the site name evidence for god from science. I am not a trouble maker i just like to see both sides of an argument as the truth tends to lie in the middle somewhere. Ty for the forum.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Thanks for the introduction, SML, and welcome to the forums! I hope you get a lot out of being here, and it will be great if you feel inclined to participate.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

welcoe
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

:wave:
SweetMonkeyLove
Recognized Member

ty :ebiggrin:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

SweetMonkeyLove wrote:Hi all I thought I'd read through the introductions until I realized there were 53 pages of them!!! I consider myself a 'recovering catholic' and I lean heavily towards atheism. My interest was taken by the site name evidence for god from science. I am not a trouble maker i just like to see both sides of an argument as the truth tends to lie in the middle somewhere. Ty for the forum.
Lol, if you're a 'recovering catholic' you should be leaning the other way.

Welcome to the board.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
SweetMonkeyLove
Recognized Member

Depends on your point of view i suppose lol ty for the welcome. :ebiggrin:
Unbeliever
Newbie Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Unbeliever »

Hello all!

While I am an atheist, that isn't what my username means - I take the name from one of my favorite book series, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, which has nothing to do with atheism. It's high fantasy, and isn't intended to be confrontational, so please don't take it that way. I'm a very easygoing guy.
I came here because I have recently become more active in theological debates on other sites, and was repeatedly told that this was one of the greatest places on the web to go for friendly, intelligent debate. I like to think, and few areas provide as many opportunities to do that as science and theology - combining the two, as this site claims to, is sure to be interesting.
I hope to see you all on the boards, and please remember - I'm not here to make anybody mad or win converts. I'm here solely for my own enjoyment, and I hope that you guys have fun too.