Napoleon...

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Napoleon...

Post by Mastermind »

Why is he called the second Antichrist? What exactly did he do that was so bad? Trying to take over the world doesn't count since France would likely have done a lot of good for the countries under its power.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the antichrist hasn't come yet, where do people come up with this stuff?
who's saying he's the second antichrist, there's only 1 antichrist.

If your gonna call him an antichrist, then you might as well do that for every dictator.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

actually, he doesn't even qualify as a dictator.

but they call nero the first, napoleon the second and hitler the third. some crap like that. I was just wondering what earned him this "distinguished" rank.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The Anti-Christ will probably make Hitler look good, but anyhow my guess on Napoleon is that like Hitler he wanted to "take over the world", but I really don't think Napoleon did anything terrible beyond engaging in wars.

Wasn't Napoleon christian like much of France at the time?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I really don't see taking over the world as something bad automatically. I usually look at the actual reasons for doing so. It's all politics anyway.
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Napoleon...

Post by sandy_mcd »

Mastermind wrote:... What exactly did he do that was so bad? Trying to take over the world doesn't count since France would likely have done a lot of good for the countries under its power.
Mastermind wrote:I really don't see taking over the world as something bad automatically. I usually look at the actual reasons for doing so. ...
I've been puzzling over this for weeks. Why has no one else responded ? What's wrong with being ruthless, turning cannons on your own citizens, grabbing control of the government, slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people (look up some of Goya's pictures of the Peninsular Campaign), etc, all to just satisfy one's thirst for power ? Are my concepts of good and evil really that different from everyone else's ?

Sandy
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Nobody has responded because, although you have eyes, you do not see. Reread what I said. ;)
RGeeB
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by RGeeB »

The 'ruthless' dictators are only previews of the real Antichrist. While the others can be seen as outright bad guys, the real one will seem like a nice guy to the ignorant eye. Only Christians will see his true colours. Remember, the term itself means that he will present himself as the saviour of the world.
Maranatha!
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

vvart wrote:the antichrist hasn't come yet, where do people come up with this stuff?
who's saying he's the second antichrist, there's only 1 antichrist.

If your gonna call him an antichrist, then you might as well do that for every dictator.
What is an Anti-Christ? Is it not someone who is against Christ and his Nature. I believe there is Many Anti-Christs however there will be ONE that is deceived and given power by Satan. Napoleon was an Anti Christ because of his spirit and what was behind his Spirit. The same for Hitler.

Just my thoughts

Tim
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i think bush is the anti-christ :lol:
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

colors wrote:i think bush is the anti-christ :lol:
Ummm :lol:

Everyone hates bush for some strange reason. I know he does some stupid things but I think he is last Godly president America will have. Of course I believe the Trumpet will be sounded in our Lifetime too :wink:
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Napoleon was ambitious and power-hungry, I'm pretty sure Christ spoke against such people. Then again, that's nothing compared to what the Anti-Christ is going to be. He'll be so evil that no one will ever know, anyone ever read the book "Wizards First Rule" by Terry Goodkind? It's a terrible book when it comes to morals, in fact, I was disgusted by it and would never read it again, but the bad guy was a very good example of how the Anti-Christ will be like, except the Anti-Christ will be much worse.

Don't read the book by the way, it's terrible for Christians, I read it before I converted. If anyone here has ALREADY read it, then I think you'd agree it's a decent comparison.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I love books that speak of evil men, because it shows how corrupted one can possibly get.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i really do think bush is the antichrist...or close to it :D :

http://www.bushisantichrist.com/
http://isbushantichrist.blogspot.com/
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

I think that is all nonsense, hysterical propaganda, just like the rest of the Bush bashers. Guess I'm one of those Texans that's going to hell with him.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com