Jesus' Appearance

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Jesus' Appearance

Post by Prodigal Son »

a friend told me awhile ago, that she didn't see the Passion because Jesus was portrayed as white, and "all jews back then were black." for some reason, these discussions really vex me, and i'm neither black nor white! has anyone else had this discussion before? anyways, here's some cool info.:

http://www.thenazareneway.com/likeness_ ... aviour.htm
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

The problem is that we don't see ourselves or each other as god sees us.
God sees children of god and this is the way we need to see each other.
If we are true to our faith then we all came from the same place, so does it really matter iF Jesus is portrayed as black or white! Because all that really matters is that we are children of god, and the only citizenship we need to chase is heaven.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

true!
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: Jesus' Appearance

Post by bizzt »

colors wrote:a friend told me awhile ago, that she didn't see the Passion because Jesus was portrayed as white, and "all jews back then were black." for some reason, these discussions really vex me, and i'm neither black nor white! has anyone else had this discussion before? anyways, here's some cool info.:

http://www.thenazareneway.com/likeness_ ... aviour.htm
I agree with Deborah but if you really must know take a look at an Arabian/Iraqi. That is about the skin of Jesus however it is trivial and the Passion was not created out of Prejudice but to show the horrible Punishment in which Christ was sacrificed for us.
RGeeB
Established Member

Post by RGeeB »

We know what He looks like now - Revelation 1:13-16
Maranatha!