Cain, after Abel

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
psr6782
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Cain, after Abel

Post by psr6782 »

So what happened to Cain after he killed Abel? I know he wandered the earth and all, but did he reproduce, and if so, with who?

I ask because I have a friend who thinks he's smart and likes to say, "After Cain killed Abel, the Bible says he joined a different tribe, but where'd that tribe come from?"
7trumpets
Familiar Member

Re: Cain, after Abel

Post by 7trumpets »

psr6782 wrote:So what happened to Cain after he killed Abel? I know he wandered the earth and all, but did he reproduce, and if so, with who?

I ask because I have a friend who thinks he's smart and likes to say, "After Cain killed Abel, the Bible says he joined a different tribe, but where'd that tribe come from?"

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

" land of Nod" (Mongolia today)These other people upon the earth are those of the "sixth day creation" of Gen 1:28. They were the ethnic peoples which were hunters and fishers.Gen 1:26

Next is the genealogy of Cain, Adams is in the fifth chapter.
Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Gen 4:18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.
Cain's children all end in el, and are named after Adams children. All these children are the offspring of Satan, through Cain. They are not of the lineage of Jesus, that we read about in Luke 3:23-38.

Gen 4:19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

Gen 4:20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and [of such as have] cattle.
dwell in tents, they were wanderers not farmers( vs 4:12)

These are the "tares" of Matt 13:38-39, and Joh 8:44-47, 1 Chr 2:55.
Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member

Post by oscarsiziba »

The Bible calls all humanity sinful and thereby makes it clear that we are related for it is through the fall of Adam that we are became sinners.Has any had of an earthly race that does not sin or without evil and does no die?(the consequence of sin-Rom 3 v23).Read Acts 17 v 26.Eve is called thus meaning ' mother of all living-Genesis 3v 20 and for Cain to have had a wife means he must have had a living one and descended from Adam and Eve not anywhere else for there is no other place of origin besides this.
Note that Cain had brothers and sisters as noted in Gen 5 v4.Josephus,the Jewish historian says that Adam had 23 daughters and 33 sons ,thus it is from these that he got his wife.Do I hear someone say 'Incest!'Before you can say that remember that all pple came from one one couple and any ensuing life came solely from these.The law forbidding the marriages of sisters and brothers was given way in Lev ch 18-20..There is none that does not marry their relative for this would only mean marrying a non-human.All people are related by virtue of having the same origin and descent.
Cain married his sister..Here I stand.
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Cross.eyed »

From all indications, Cain probably did marry his sister and he would have been about 100 years old.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
oscarsiziba
Recognized Member

Post by oscarsiziba »

Yes ,indeed!
Like Balaam, they are angry at those who would prevent their ruin.