The Tsunami. Why Do Natural Disasters Happen?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

God asked man to care for the earth.
Man has not cared for the earth adequately.
Nature becomes unbalanced and we have to take the consequences for the earth not being taken care of. I don't know how earth quakes tie in with other natural disasters, but they are a natural disaster and they must tie in some way.
God gave us charge to care for the earth, should he entervien because we over years have harmed his creation, no he doesn't but we have to take the consiquencses, how else would we learn to care for the earth?
Dale Tooley
Familiar Member

Post by Dale Tooley »

Deborah, You appear to be implying that the Tsunami happened because mankind did not take care of the earth. If that is so, what will you do with the clear evidence that earthquakes, tectonic plate activity and giant Tsunami's have been going on for thousands, even millions of years? I guess the greenies would love to pin that one on George Bush too, wouldn't they.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Not at all what I am implying, I said it's a natural disaster.
Some natural disasters are tied in with unbalances in nature caused by man. I said I did not know how earth quakes tied in.