Do You Display A Jesus Fish Auto Emblem On Your Car?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.

Yes I Do! I Believe in Jesus Christ.
13%
No I Don't! But I Still Believe In Jesus Christ.
75%
No I Don't! I Don't Believe In Jesus Christ.
13%

Total votes: 8

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hello fellow forum members, I was curious if anyone displays a Jesus Fish Auto Emblem on their car. I purchased one yesterday and I couldn't be happier :D . The quote below is the story behind the Jesus Fish:
The earliest followers of Jesus were persecuted and forced to worship in hidden locations. Often these believers would scratch the secret symbol of a fish in the ground to help them identify other Christians.

Not only was fish a common food of the day, often used and referenced by Jesus during His ministry, but the letters which make up the Greek word for "fish" (IXOYE) also spell out a secret message about our Lord. I-Jesus, X-Christ, O-Salvation, Y-Son, E-Savior. The name of Jesus brings the power of life and salvation. In a word, the name of Jesus captures the central message of the Christian faith. Together with the symbol of the fish, this emblem reminds the world that our faith isn't about religion, but a relationship with the Living God through Jesus Christ.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

How about "Not, I don't have a car"?

;)
bob2010
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by bob2010 »

my mom put one on the car i now drive, so yes.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Actually I've heard the fish symbol goes back to Jonah. It is said to represent struggling through hardship, and coming out the other side with God. I'd have to do some research though to back this.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've heard that it goes back even further... and initally symbolized the yoni and was a fertility symbol.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

If true, isn't it a great example of how Christianity has stood the test of time, and people from many diverging beliefs and cultures have embraced Christianity? ;)

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Kurieuo wrote:Actually I've heard the fish symbol goes back to Jonah. It is said to represent struggling through hardship, and coming out the other side with God. I'd have to do some research though to back this.

Kurieuo.
Hmmm some interesting sites
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_symb.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys

Of course I believe that they thought of this because of the teachings of Jesus, and Jonah in the Belly of the Whale.