Is The End Times Near?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.

Do You Believe The End Times Are Near?

Yes - Provide Your Reason(s)
43%
Maybe
30%
No - Provide Your Reason(s)
26%

Total votes: 23

led
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by led »

I answered yes.

Just look around and it's very clear. Never before in history has the whole world been able to be destroyed like it is now. However, Jesus said that nobody knows the time except the Father.

I think that this or the next generation is in for some hard times. I wonder sometimes if it's almost mean to bring children into this world knowing that the days are going to get really dark. I wouldn't want my children to go through that... and they will!
Tim S
Acquainted Member

End times

Post by Tim S »

Puritan Lad mentioned a couple verses that have intrigued me for some time.
Romans 11:22-27
"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery - so that you will not be wise in your own estimation - that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

"The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob."

"This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins."

My take is, that if you are a Gentile, and you are witness to the awakening of Israel into the realization that Christ is the Messiah, you had better have been saved by that time.
Is that day far off?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: End times

Post by puritan lad »

Tim S wrote:Puritan Lad mentioned a couple verses that have intrigued me for some time.
Romans 11:22-27
"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery - so that you will not be wise in your own estimation - that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,

"The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob."

"This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins."

My take is, that if you are a Gentile, and you are witness to the awakening of Israel into the realization that Christ is the Messiah, you had better have been saved by that time.
Is that day far off?
I think tha6 day is pretty far off. I believe that, by this time, "... the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea." Habakkuk 2:14

As a postmillenialist, I believe in victory for the church in this age, not defeat. I believe that Satan was defeated for good at calvary, and that the rest of history is simply a mop up job.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
andy
Acquainted Member

Post by andy »

i will strongly without doubt tat End Times is very very near......

u can see the rapid rise in crisis like
1) increase of war and rumors of wars
2) increase in False Christs and prophets to deceive people
3) increase in Earthquakes, famines and troubles
4) the increase of SIN
(Matt 25:1-25; Mark 13:1-23; Luke 21:5-24)

so we as Christians have to remain watchful...as Christ will come like a "thief"
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

rapid increase in false Christs?

who exactly are you talking about? Did I miss something? :?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Iggy
Recognized Member

Post by Iggy »

well, i'll agree that there is a rapid increase in ANTI christs (those against christ) but i havent seen anyone CLAIMING to be him. except one guy running around the mid east, i'll have to find his name again. he didnt call himself jesus, but claimed to be the messiah. ALSO, if you look it up, there are alot of guys in the USA with the name jesus christ... like 7 in california alone.
Iggy
Recognized Member

Post by Iggy »

andy
Acquainted Member

Post by andy »

There is oso other False Christ or Messiah like
- Sai Baba who claims he is Jesus Christ
- Eastern Lightning from China who claim that Jesus has already returned to earth as a 30-year-old Chinese woman