God and money

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

God and money

Post by FFC »

Can someone explain this passage to me?

luke 16:1-14

How is being shrewd and dishonest an example of being children of light? I know it doesn't really mean that but it is a confusing passage.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
led
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by led »

Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given. "For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Mark 4:24-25

Are we wasting our Master's goods/power that He's given us. Many Christians want to live and abide in the power of God. You can hear them say, "If only I could have more of the power of God in my life I would be able to make a difference in my life." You have to ask them have you been faithful with the little amount of power God has given you?

The greatest way to receive the power of God in your life is to give it away as fast as you receive it. The more you release His power into others the greater you increase the power in your life.

If you hold back what god has given you, even the little you have will be taken away.
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.” //klinkenberg.tripod.com/lifeinkorea
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

The greatest way to receive the power of God in your life is to give it away as fast as you receive it. The more you release His power into others the greater you increase the power in your life.
Thank you, Led. God is truly teaching me this right now and you confirmed it.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: God and money

Post by Canuckster1127 »

FFC wrote:Can someone explain this passage to me?

luke 16:1-14

How is being shrewd and dishonest an example of being children of light? I know it doesn't really mean that but it is a confusing passage.
Parables are illustrations of one primary point. They are not allegories nor are they necessarily endorsements of the actions taken by the protagonists in the parable.

The primary point Jesus is making, is to use the resources you have under the authority of God as his Child. He uses the illustration of the dishonest steward to emphasize and make stronger the point, that if this is how one who is a steward and not an heir, uses his authority and position, how much more should the one who is an heir, and has rightful authority use the resources s/he has to their full effect and impact.

At least, that is the way I see it.