New age movement is deception!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
PetriFB
Familiar Member
Christian: No

New age movement is deception!

Post by PetriFB »

If you believe in doctrine of reincarnation, so it is very probable, that you have assumed also a view of many ways to God; in other words it is an ordinary view of the New Age movement, that God is like on a high mountain, where many ways lead.

For many have at least thought, that ways, religions can indeed be various, but finally they all will lead to the same direction, to the same God. And finally, when people then are on the peak, they will indeed observe that they have arrived at the same place and on the peak of the same mountain; in other words they have arrived at there, even though they have come there by different ways.

Jesus said very clearly, that only he is the only way to God, which thus excludes thought about many ways. In the same way he presented several other claims about himself. How these words therefore fit together with the preceding viewpoint?

Generally people forbid it, that Jesus would have lied, but if for example the next words, which he pronounced, are not true, so they must be lie. Also we claim Jesus then a liar, if we don't believe in the next statements and that they are true:

Jesus said that he is the only way to the Father God:

- (John 14:5-6) Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6. Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus said, that believing in him is important:

- (John 8:23-25) But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

24. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

25.”Who are you?" they asked. “Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied.

He said, that by turning to him we can get life:

- (John 5:40) yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

He said, that he is the gate to salvation and the good shepherd:

- (John 10:9-11) I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.

10. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11.”I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

He promised to give rest burdened souls and said, that he is gentle and humble in heart:

- (Matt 11:28-30) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

He said, that he had spoken truth:

- (John 8:45-46) Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

46. Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/manywaystoGod
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

A growing problem nowadays is the movement towards recognizing a "historical" Jesus. Masses are moving towards discounting Jesus' divinity and miracles and accepting Him as merely a "moral teacher." In their eyes, moral teachers make mistakes.
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
Stormdancer
Newbie Member

Post by Stormdancer »

yes Mystical , or they deny he exsisted at all.

I have been looking into it and looking into Biblical Archeology, is there a topic here for Biblical archeology?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Stormdancer wrote:yes Mystical , or they deny he exsisted at all.

I have been looking into it and looking into Biblical Archeology, is there a topic here for Biblical archeology?
Perhaps you could start one.
=)
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:

=)
Silly rabbit, starting new forum sections are for admins
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:

=)
Silly rabbit, starting new forum sections are for admins
A thread.

Who said anything about a forum section?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Stormdancer
Newbie Member

Post by Stormdancer »

ok, I will start a topic in Biblical Archeology,soon.

blessings