Zelensky quotes Psalm to UK parliament

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Ged
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Zelensky quotes Psalm to UK parliament

Post by Ged »

Zelensky quotes Psalm to UK parliament. Politicians need this.

Psalm 3
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Zelensky quotes Psalm to UK parliament

Post by Philip »

GED, at least He seems to believe in God - and he's reading from His book . Let's just hope he begins to embrace the Gospel and Christ as well!
Ged
Established Member

Post by Ged »

Praying is a great way to start. I like him a lot. I admire the Ukranians too. My only wish is that they might change their catch cry from, "Glory to Ukraine" to "Glory to God!"
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ged wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:50 am Praying is a great way to start. I like him a lot. I admire the Ukranians too. My only wish is that they might change their catch cry from, "Glory to Ukraine" to "Glory to God!"
Absolutely!
Ged
Established Member

Post by Ged »

I have been praying for Zelensky. Its good to know that he has been praying too, but like you say, one more step will bring him to Jesus! Now, wouldn't that be more wonderful than a hundred Leopard tanks and F16's?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Zelensky is nothing but a puppet being told what to do.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:56 am Zelensky is nothing but a puppet being told what to do.
Stu, do you ever pray for leaders and politicians - even if you don't like them?
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Stu lives in RSA (Republic of South Africa) 🇿🇦 . RSA is Russia’s ally...

:fyi: Lowly politics can Trump even the most ardent Christians... (pun intended)
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:59 pm Stu lives in RSA (Republic of South Africa) 🇿🇦 . RSA is Russia’s ally...

:fyi: Lowly politics can Trump even the most ardent Christians... (pun intended)
Putin is a KGB gangster, thug and warmonger.

The fact that you think you know me based solely on my country of birth shows that you don't have much discernment and go entirely on emotion and wild guesses to make points.
Try using you head for once and not your emotions and you might get some where.
Last edited by Stu on Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Philip wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:43 am
Stu wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:56 am Zelensky is nothing but a puppet being told what to do.
Stu, do you ever pray for leaders and politicians - even if you don't like them?
Not that often, but yes.
In today's world it seems the whole world lies in the evil one. The world has submitted to satan.

Obviously not every single leader as the Bible says the anti-christ will fight to dominate the world, but all the big players are in satan's pocket.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: "but all the big players are in satan's pocket."
Regardless of who is in his pocket, we can't know who is or which of them might change their hearts towards God, as He works across history. So, we are to let God do His thing and trust Him in that. But we are also to trust God in obeying what His apostle wrote is OUR responsibility:

"2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for ALL people, 2 for kings and ALL who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires ALL people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man1 Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time."

(1 Timothy 2:1–7)

Couple of things about the scripture above: God is showing, through His apostle, that just because many leaders may not ever come to salvation, He can still honor our prayers to influence them in positive ways that impact society. And, as time winds down, some of those leaders will undoubtedly become believers, through circumstances and trials God will orchestrate and use in their lives. Notice, the apostle also says that God wants ALL people to come to the knowledge of truth - about Himself / Christ. Our job in praying for "ALL people" is NOT to pick winners and losers and selectively pray based upon which we think is which, as God said to pray "for kings and ALL who are in high places." Now, when the apostle wrote this, we well know that there were many bad dudes and players cross the Roman Empire, the evil Jewish religious leaders, etc., and yet God would have had His people pray for them as well. So, we're not to be like the clever scribe that quoted scripture back to Jesus, about loving one's neighbor as himself - but then trying to pick only his favorites (his own, preferred, spiritual "winners and losers"), by cynically asking, but "who is MY neighbor?" So, while it's understandable, as humans, we are often highly cynical and angry about the poor, even evil, leadership across the world, God wants our hearts to not be like such people's hearts, but to thus pray, accordingly, per God's heart for EVERYONE, as He also indicates He will empower such prayers to better influence societal / world peace that can make things better for us all. So, we're not to just have an attitude that the world is running down like hell in a handbasket, because we don't know what God does, about what He will do - or when - and HE tells us NOT to think politically, etc., but SPIRITUALLY.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Stu wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:05 am
Fliegender wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:59 pm Stu lives in RSA (Republic of South Africa) 🇿🇦 . RSA is Russia’s ally...

Putin is a KGB gangster, thug and warmonger.

The fact that you think you know me based solely on my country of birth shows that you don't have much discernment and go entirely on emotion and wild guesses to make points.
Try using you head for once and not your emotions and you might get some where.
WoW...I’m amazed that you recognize Putin as a warmonger. My apologies for lumping you into the Twisted Mind Club solely on your country of origin.

:ssorry:
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill