Convinced yet...?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Convinced yet...?

Post by edwardmurphy »

I think he just peaked, actually. It's all downhill from here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:57 am I think he just peaked, actually. It's all downhill from here.
Simultaneously peaked along with the coronavirus.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:45 am
RickD wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:51 pm
Fliegender wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 pm
RickD wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 pm
FL wrote:
I have to work on becoming a nicer human being.
A French Canadian working to be a nicer person, is like Trump working to be humble. Wishful thinking, but it ain’t gonna happen.
On a more serious note, do you pack heat when you shop at Walmart?
Only when my wife is having hot flashes.
Only about 10 minutes between these posts, Rick didn’t have to take long to think of this. Now THAT is wit.
I actually thought of it immediately. It took me 10 minutes before I read the post.

What can I say, I have a gift.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 amSimultaneously peaked along with the coronavirus.
I'm not a statistician and I'm not making any claims to expertise on the matter, but "peaked" seems like the wrong word.

It seems like the peak ought to be the point at which the infection count reaches its zenith and starts decreasing. The number of new infections seems to have maybe plateaued, but we're still getting at least 25,000-30,000 new confirmed cases per day.

And testing is still far lower than it needs to be, so we have no real idea how many asymptomatic cases we've had, which means that we don't know the death rate.

And we've also just learned that the tests from one major testing company were giving false negatives, so we now know even less than we thought that we did.

So yeah, your comedy career may have peaked, but I think the pandemic still has room to grow.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Edit: @'ing people doesnt work on this forum lol
RickD wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:13 am
@rickd is an injectable disinfectant just a complex term for an antibiotic?
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

If I drink Lysol diluted with orange juice will it still protect me from covid-19? Or must I drink straight Lysol?

The POTUS is a genius! As brilliant as Kim Jong Un!

y**==
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Fliegender wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 pm If I drink Lysol diluted with orange juice will it still protect me from covid-19? Or must I drink straight Lysol?

y**==
Yes, that's kind of what I was getting at.

But Flie, why do you interpret that as what he was saying? This guy has been a public figure for 40 years, you'd think by now the press would be able to decipher his comments. I highly doubt, in a room full of scientists and doctors and professionals, the POTUS would advise people to drink bleach.

But if you check social media today, they are chanting that like a Bacchanalian fertility ritual in ancient Greece and it's a bit disturbing to me.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Hortator wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:09 pm
Fliegender wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 pm If I drink Lysol diluted with orange juice will it still protect me from covid-19? Or must I drink straight Lysol?

y**==
Yes, that's kind of what I was getting at.

But Flie, why do you interpret that as what he was saying? This guy has been a public figure for 40 years, you'd think by now the press would be able to decipher his comments. I highly doubt, in a room full of scientists and doctors and professionals, the POTUS would advise people to drink bleach.

But if you check social media today, they are chanting that like a Bacchanalian fertility ritual in ancient Greece and it's a bit disturbing to me.
I watched the press conference, and I’ve watched it again. Trump is suggesting that there could be a way for a disinfectant such as Lysol to be injected to eliminate the virus. The next day, Trump assured he was joking and being sarcastic but I didn’t pick up any sarcasm when he made the original suggestion. That the makers of Lysol had to come out and warn people that Lysol was not to be taken internally says a lot about ..._________________.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Here's the footage:

And here's the transcript:
A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?

And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.
When asked to clarify later in the briefing he added the following:
It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big effect. I’m not a doctor. But I’m, like, a person that has a good you-know-what.
When he talked about his "good you-know-what" he was pointing at his head, so I guess we can assume he was referring to his brain. Why he would call his brain a "you-know-what" is a mystery, but not a compelling one.

So no, he didn't tell anyone they should inject themselves with bleach. What he did say wasn't much better though, since he inadvertently revealed the following:

He's been asking his team of scientists and doctors some really stupid questions and they've been humoring him.
He's unaware that his questions are stupid or that the smart people are humoring him.
It therefore follows that Donald Trump is too stupid and ignorant to even recognize that he's stupid and ignorant.

It's probably a good thing that he's apparently decided to hold fewer press conferences. Maybe that implies a dawning self-awareness...
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

President Trump wanted to land a man on the Sun. Top NASA brass told the President, “We can’t do that Mr. President. He would burn up.” Trump thinks for a moment and says, “What if we land him at night?”
-John Stuart Mill
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

edwardmurphy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 pm And right on schedule...
I’m not surprised that some would take the President’s wacko-stream-of-consciousness ideas to heart. People will believe just about anything, all the more so when it’s suggested by someone they admire.
-John Stuart Mill