500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

Post by PaulSacramento »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpVBH-HY5Ow

https://clintel.nl/prominent-scientists ... -guterres/
There is no climate emergency
A global network of 500 scientists and professionals has prepared this urgent message. Climate
science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific. Scientists should
openly address the uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while
politicians should dispassionately count the real benefits as well as the imagined costs of adaptation
to global warming, and the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of mitigation.
Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming
The geological archive reveals that Earth’s climate has varied as long as the planet has existed, with
natural cold and warm phases. The Little Ice Age ended as recently as 1850. Therefore, it is no
surprise that we now are experiencing a period of warming.
Warming is far slower than predicted
The world has warmed at less than half the originally-predicted rate, and at less than half the rate to
be expected on the basis of net anthropogenic forcing and radiative imbalance. It tells us that we are
far from understanding climate change.
Climate policy relies on inadequate models
Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools. Moreover,
they most likely exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases such as CO2. In addition, they ignore the
fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial.
CO2 is plant food, the basis of all life on Earth
CO2 is not a pollutant. It is essential to all life on Earth. Photosynthesis is a blessing. More CO2 is
beneficial for nature, greening the Earth: additional CO2 in the air has promoted growth in global
plant biomass. It is also good for agriculture, increasing the yields of crops worldwide.
Global warming has not increased natural disasters
There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and
suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent. However, CO2-mitigation measures are as
damaging as they are costly. For instance, wind turbines kill birds and bats, and palm-oil plantations
destroy the biodiversity of the rainforests.
Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities
There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm. We strongly
oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050. If better approaches
emerge, we will have ample time to reflect and adapt. The aim of international policy should be to
provide reliable and affordable energy at all times, and throughout the world.

Thoughts?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 500 scientists say: No Climate emergency

Post by RickD »

500 Shills for big petroleum.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

Those 500 scientists must all be graduates of Oral Roberts U.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

All joking aside, it's nice to see logic interjected into the discussion on climate change.

I've grown tire of the chicken little narrative.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Ad hominem attacks.
That is why there IS a climate change debate.

Attack the argument, not the people.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 am What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
I would tell my son that she's too immature for him. He's 8 years old.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am
Fliegender wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:11 am What would you say if your son and Greta Thunberg fell in love?
How does someone your age have such a young son? Did you trade your original wife in for a newer model?
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 am
RickD wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:29 am
How does someone your age have such a young son? Did you trade your original wife in for a newer model?
Dog years.

And I'd never trade my wife for a newer model. My wife is like a classic 1969 Camaro.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I appreciate great cars wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 am ...

And I'd never trade my wife for a newer model. My wife is like a classic 1969 Camaro.
My wife is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. So we both like Chevy women.

Oh, yeah...climate change....I let the V10 Triton idle in my motorhome for 45 minutes every week, just to keep it in tip-top shape. I used to let it idle for one hour periods but the melting polar ice caps worried me so I reduced the idle times to 45 minutes.

Let it not be said that I’m not doing my part.
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:33 pm
I appreciate great cars wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 am ...

My wife is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. So we both like Chevy women.

Oh, yeah...climate change....I let the V10 Triton idle in my motorhome for 45 minutes every week, just to keep it in tip-top shape. I used to let it idle for one hour periods but the melting polar ice caps worried me so I reduced the idle times to 45 minutes.

Let it not be said that I’m not doing my part.
I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I love to burn lumps of coal and breathe in the vapors wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.
Plastic straws? ...shame on you. I throw all my garbage into the river and the current washes it away. A clean environment is important to me.
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm
I love to burn lumps of coal and breathe in the vapors wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 pm I wish I could say that I'm as devoted to the cause as you are. I hate to admit that I still use plastic straws. And I also have bad flatulence, which is eroding the ozone.
Plastic straws? ...shame on you. I throw all my garbage into the river and the current washes it away. A clean environment is important to me.
You really are an inspiration to me. I am going to devote myself to the environment from this point forward. And my first act will be for me to trade in my GT500, for a Prius. And then I will get rid of everything that I own that is plastic, by burning it. I will no longer use disposable toilet paper. I will either use my hands, or use my wife's panties, which can be washed in the river with laundry detergent.

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

During the 70's Global Cooling was all the rage, so how do we go from cooling to warming when large amounts of CO2 was around all that time. Something isn't right somewhere. Can the number be manipulated to suit a particular agenda... I think so.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I look up to Fliegender because he’s so wonderful wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 pm
Fliegender wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm
You really are an inspiration to me. I am going to devote myself to the environment from this point forward. And my first act will be for me to trade in my GT500, for a Prius. And then I will get rid of everything that I own that is plastic, by burning it. I will no longer use disposable toilet paper. I will either use my hands, or use my wife's panties, which can be washed in the river with laundry detergent.
Thank you for recognizing my importance in your life. Please, do not trade in your GT500 for a Prius. While that may be the eco friendly thing to do on the surface, you’d end up polluting the planet even more. Allow me to explain: the Prius is built in Japan, it’s batteries are made in Finland with minerals from Canada and the Congo. Think of all the transportation that goes into the making of a Prius: Canada & Congo to Finland, Russia to Japan (plastics), Japan to USA for the car. Not to mention the recycling of batteries: it’s a filthy job - dangerous too - so it’s often outsourced to India and China, countries known for their high standards of...uh...cover ups, as in digging a hole and covering up the garbage with dirt.

Enjoy your Ford. Made in the y**==
-John Stuart Mill