Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Re: Is Jesus God? And Why it Matters.

Post by LonnieOwesn1973 »

if you cannot prove Jesus was God by Matthew - John- which by the way were with Jesus ans his actual disciples during his time on earth, then how can you move forward to Paul???

Funny thing about actually reading the Bible, I tend to start with those who were with Jesus and not those who were not...

Interesting you would mention the Image of God because I do believe genesis 1:27 states God mad man in His own Image and in His own Likeness, so that argument is mute...

Oh no this discussion is about Jesus being God... more specifically the God of Genesis... you should actually go back and read the posts from the beginning because that is exactly what People are trying to convince me of....lol
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

In order to understand Paul you must first Understand what the Trinity actually means... because unless you grasp the understanding of the first few books of the NT then you make make the rest of the Bible say what you want...

I can go on and on and on and on lol the fact remains, if you cannot validate a Trinity as 3 in one then there is no trinity....
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

I am not arguing merely trying to understand how anyone can get Jesu was God from the first few books of the NT.... heck no evidence of it actually in any of the Bible... nor the Book of Thomas or the Book of Enoch... nor the Apocrypha's either.... lol... Which I am still trying fo figure out why they would leave them out of the Bible in the first place .... Because John wrote a couple of them and yes the same John that is in the NT lol where he explains what how he saw Jesus.... totally kills the trinity all together and I believe that is why they decided not to allow it in the authorized version....lol
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

Small hint, I actually ask God when I have an issue and I am shown almost immediately... I don't rely on someone to tell me something, if I cannot form my own thoughts then there is not point in thinking....lol
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Dude, Paul's letters were the FIRST writings about Jesus, you know that right?

So, again, please answer the question:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

If they were the first writings then why would they have been first in the NT???....
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:44 pm Dude, Paul's letters were the FIRST writings about Jesus, you know that right?

So, again, please answer the question:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
that actually makes no sense...lol.... how can Paul have first hand knowledge when was not with Jesus during his ministry???
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

Just because his writings were discovered first do not place them before Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.... nor James or peter who were there....lol...
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Are you telling me that you don't know that the letters of Paul are BEFORE the gospels in terms of when they were written?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Again I ask:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

I actually paid no attention to the timeline, because the Disciples were there along side Jesus through his ministries and actually made note of what he said... how many times did Paul quote Jesus in his writings??? total of 24 but Matthew , Mark , Luke and John make quotes of what Jesus said that outnumber Paul by a long shot...

not telling you that at all lol.. just because his writings were found before the other gospels means nothing unless we has eyewitness to Jesus as were Matthew and John... so do you go By what Jesus says or By what Paul says??? or are Matthew and John making things up???
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Lonnie,

Answer the questions:

Again I ask:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Again I ask:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 pm Again I ask:
Is Paul Wrong?
Is John Wrong?
Is Jesus Wrong?

If so, WHAT is Jesus?
it is my belief that your interpretation is wrong nut I am allowed that luxury as it is only my opinion...

John never once said Christ was God or even a god lol so in my opinion your interpretation is wrong as well...

And Jesus never once claimed to be God anywhere lol so I know he is not wrong, it is however my opinion that your interpretation is wrong because you are not taking into account all that Jesus has said because you seem to be ignoring a lot of where is states he is not God nor is he a God....lol...
LonnieOwesn1973
Established Member

so who is right Jesus or Paul???

Mark 10:45 “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”