Convinced yet?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Convinced yet?

Post by edwardmurphy »

PaulSacramento wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:41 amImpeachment = All eggs in one basket.
*shakes head*
Apparently none of you guys watched the open hearings, or if you did you watched them on Fox and got more spin than news.

Nancy Pelosi didn't want to impeach. She fought it for a year, even after Mueller clearly laid out 10 instances of obstruction of justice (the principle charge against Bill Clinton when he was impeached) and explicitly did not exonerate Trump of anything. Trump's behavior was corrupt and impeachable, but the Dems knew that the Senate would never look at the evidence objectively.

Then we got the whistleblower's report. Then a bunch of career foreign service officers confirmed the whole report while Trump did his best to illegally prevent Congress from getting the report, then tried to block the inquiry and ordered the State Department to refuse all subpoenas for documents and his entire staff to ignore all subpoenas for testimony. The Dems will impeach because they have no choice.

Gents, the Senate will almost definitely calculate that the wrath of their base if they convict will be worse than the wrath of the rest of the electorate if they acquit. They'll decide that they can get enough misinformation out there to muddy the waters before the election. They'll probably expect Russian help again. But that won't change the facts. Trump did it, and being acquitted by a jury of his cronies is not exoneration or vindication, it's just more evidence that the Republican Party no longer gives a damn about anything but power. It will be their downfall.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

LeftistMurphy wrote:
Apparently none of you guys watched the open hearings, or if you did you watched them on Fox and got more spin than news.
What would you suggest for unbiased coverage, CNN?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

In other words Trump is guilty before he was convicted and still guilty after he is acquitted. :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Way to uphold the constitution. And either way Russia is to blame, not the idiots who perpetuated one hoax after another to undo the will of the people (oh sorry, not PC enough, the will of the EC :shakehead: ).

Keep hedging your bets buddy. Now that the Shciff-T Show is over, you and your cronies' downfall starts December 9th and will continue in the senate right up until the election. The idiot dems have no clue the tidal wave that's about to hit them. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:18 amWhat would you suggest for unbiased coverage, CNN?
Now? Nothing. The hearings are over.

For the Senate trial I suggest public radio. They put a microphone in the hearing room and leave it at that. The only talking they did during the hearing was to say "This is Congressman Whatever from Wherever" each time a new speaker started their 5 minutes. There was analysis before the hearing, during the break, and afterward, but there's no need to listen to any of it if you don't want to.

The point is to see the evidence for yourself and make up your own mind about what it means.

Fox makes that impossible with their banners, graphics, cutaway analysis, and so forth.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Byblos wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 amIn other words Trump is guilty before he was convicted and still guilty after he is acquitted. :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
I believe that he's guilty because I saw the evidence presented by the witnesses. The Republicans could have used facts to defend him, but instead they went for distraction and nitpicking. That tells me that the facts don't support their position and they know it. When the facts are on your side you don't lock down the records, block the witnesses from testifying, and try like hell to change the subject.

If he's acquitted it won't be because he didn't do it, it will be because the Senate ignored the evidence. And that's what it's about - evidence. The Dems made a strong case, and the Republicans tried to rebut it with distractions and misinformation. Unfortunately people like you didn't watch the actual hearing and relied on conservative pundits to tell them what to think. If you actually saw the evidence you might just see things differently. The GOP knows that. It's why they tried to suppress the whistleblower's report, why they withheld documents and witnessed, and why they told their supporters not to watch the proceedings. You're being spoon fed what they want you to know so they can control what you think.
Byblos wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 amWay to uphold the constitution. And either way Russia is to blame, not the idiots who perpetuated one hoax after another to undo the will of the people (oh sorry, not PC enough, the will of the EC :shakehead: ).

Again, you very clearly haven't seen the evidence. Also, your use of the term PC in that manner confirms that it's a nonsense term with no meaning. There's nothing "PC" about saying that the candidate who got the most votes has the support of the most people. That's just an obvious statement of fact.
Byblos wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 amKeep hedging your bets buddy. Now that the Shciff-T Show is over, you and your cronies' downfall starts December 9th and will continue in the senate right up until the election. The idiot dems have no clue the tidal wave that's about to hit them. :wave:
Out of curiosity, how do you account for the fact that the GOP has steadily lost ground since 2016? How do you explain the midterms? How on earth did the Republican gubernatorial candidates in Kentucky and Louisiana lose after Trump went to their states and literally begged his base to get them elected?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

edwardmurphy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:04 am
Byblos wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 amIn other words Trump is guilty before he was convicted and still guilty after he is acquitted. :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
I believe that he's guilty because I saw the evidence presented by the witnesses. The Republicans could have used facts to defend him, but instead they went for distraction and nitpicking. That tells me that the facts don't support their position and they know it. When the facts are on your side you don't lock down the records, block the witnesses from testifying, and try like hell to change the subject.

If he's acquitted it won't be because he didn't do it, it will be because the Senate ignored the evidence. And that's what it's about - evidence. The Dems made a strong case, and the Republicans tried to rebut it with distractions and misinformation. Unfortunately people like you didn't watch the actual hearing and relied on conservative pundits to tell them what to think. If you actually saw the evidence you might just see things differently. The GOP knows that. It's why they tried to suppress the whistleblower's report, why they withheld documents and witnessed, and why they told their supporters not to watch the proceedings. You're being spoon fed what they want you to know so they can control what you think.
You seriously need to stop making false assumptions. I have done nothing in the last week but listen to the actual hearings and clearly CLEARLY (see, I can say it twice) you haven't listened to anything because there was not a single shred of evidence linking the delay of funds to the Ukranian public announcement against corruption.

Byblos wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 amWay to uphold the constitution. And either way Russia is to blame, not the idiots who perpetuated one hoax after another to undo the will of the people (oh sorry, not PC enough, the will of the EC :shakehead: ).

Again, you very clearly haven't seen the evidence. Also, your use of the term PC in that manner confirms that it's a nonsense term with no meaning. There's nothing "PC" about saying that the candidate who got the most votes has the support of the most people. That's just an obvious statement of fact.
Clearly you have no concept what evidence means or even what the word 'clearly' means. What is crystal clear is your blind bias.
Byblos wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 amKeep hedging your bets buddy. Now that the Shciff-T Show is over, you and your cronies' downfall starts December 9th and will continue in the senate right up until the election. The idiot dems have no clue the tidal wave that's about to hit them. :wave:
Out of curiosity, how do you account for the fact that the GOP has steadily lost ground since 2016? How do you explain the midterms? How on earth did the Republican gubernatorial candidates in Kentucky and Louisiana lose after Trump went to their states and literally begged his base to get them elected?
We shall SEE.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

After all that has gone down in the US I will laugh my ass off if Trump wins in 2020 :lol: Even the fact that the Dems aren't a shoo-in shows just how pathetic they are and how much contempt a large amount of the population has for politicians right now.

After all that has transpired and the monumental hissy fit leftists/Democrats have thrown, and they still lose, well that will be just pure gold.

Trump derangement syndrome will no doubt go into overdrive and some leftists heads will literally explode :lol: On top of that Prozac will be sold out, safe spaces will be have to be built with posters of Barack Obama plastered all over the walls, adult pacifiers will come into fashion and cuddling for Communists groups will flourish.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

So, when the impeachment doesn't work, what then?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 am So, when the impeachment doesn't work, what then?
Punt.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Keep on making the case. He did it, and then he tried to cover it up. Devin Nunes seems to have been a willing participant. More evidence appears to be on the horizon. Rudy is starting to look fidgety, like a man who sees a bus coming and expects to be thrown under it. Give it time...

BTW, I'm loving the way Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are guilty, guilty, guilty of all kinds of things, despite endless investigations finding no such evidence, but with Trump you'll accept nothing short of The Donald himself offering a detailed confession on live TV (and Abe wouldn't even accept that).
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:28 am [float][/float]
PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 am So, when the impeachment doesn't work, what then?
Punt.
This is what confuses me about the democrats.
Impeachment is probably not going to work and if it fails / when it fails, will give Trump more ammo.
So why not simply beat the guy on policy and facts ??
The current path certainly doesn't seem to be working.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Donald Trump trapped the Democrats by seeking foreign assistance in a domestic election and by using the power of his office for his personal political advantage. They had to impeach because HE DID IT, and then he engaged in yet another flagrantly obvious cover up. The simple fact is that, at this moment in the history of the nation, the Democrats are the party of law and order and the Republicans are the party of corrupt cronyism Trump. It hasn't always been that way, and in time it'll likely change, but that's the reality of the moment.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 am
RickD wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:28 am [float][/float]
Punt.
This is what confuses me about the democrats.
Impeachment is probably not going to work and if it fails / when it fails, will give Trump more ammo.
So why not simply beat the guy on policy and facts ??
The current path certainly doesn't seem to be working.
Did you just say "democrats" and "facts" in the same post?

-Edward R Murrow

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

edwardmurphy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 am Donald Trump trapped the Democrats by seeking foreign assistance in a domestic election and by using the power of his office for his personal political advantage. They had to impeach because HE DID IT, and then he engaged in yet another flagrantly obvious cover up. The simple fact is that, at this moment in the history of the nation, the Democrats are the party of law and order and the Republicans are the party of corrupt cronyism Trump. It hasn't always been that way, and in time it'll likely change, but that's the reality of the moment.
Bwahahahaha.... ah nice to have a good laugh every now and then :clap:
You really are the brainwashed little progressive.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Stu wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 amBwahahahaha.... ah nice to have a good laugh every now and then :clap:
You really are the brainwashed little progressive.
Oh no, a loudmouthed foreigner who gets his news from alt-right blogs and doesn't know a thing about my country thinks I'm brainwashed! I'd better rethink my whole worldview...