What REALLY killed the dinosaurs?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

What REALLY killed the dinosaurs?

Post by Philip »

A $10 scientific million study and paoer just released shows wide geologic evidence that an asteroid the size of a city slammed into the earth, catestrophically wiping out the dinosaurs.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/scienti ... -dinosaurs

But according to young-earth creationist Ken Hamm / Answers in Genesis (AIG), the flood of Noah explains it: https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/ ... dinosaurs/

And so Hamm and AIG believe man lived alongside dinosaurs. Yet, clearly, the massive evidence of this new study shows, if that were true, mankind would have been destroyed by the asteroid as well. So, I wonder WHEN exactly AIG thinks this asteroid hit - or if the evidence even shows that one did?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: What REALLY killed the dinosaurs?

Post by RickD »

I learned something new today:
According to the Bible: Dinosaurs first existed around 6,000 years ago.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

So, what I'd really like to see is someone from the young earth perspective explain how this catastrophic asteroid, of a magnitude capable of extinguishing the dinosaurs, would not have likewise wiped out mankind - which YECs insist lived alongside of men?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 am So, what I'd really like to see is someone from the young earth perspective explain how this catastrophic asteroid, of a magnitude capable of extinguishing the dinosaurs, would not have likewise wiped out mankind - which YECs insist lived alongside of men?
Philip,

You obviously don't understand that the asteroid came during, or caused Noah's flood. All the people, except 8, were killed.

The Bible says so.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:58 am
Philip wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 am So, what I'd really like to see is someone from the young earth perspective explain how this catastrophic asteroid, of a magnitude capable of extinguishing the dinosaurs, would not have likewise wiped out mankind - which YECs insist lived alongside of men?
Philip,

You obviously don't understand that the asteroid came during, or caused Noah's flood. All the people, except 8, were killed.

The Bible says so.
There was no asteroid!
The asteroid is fabrication perpetuated by evolutionists who are attempting to deceive people into believing that the Bible is wrong.
:P
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

DB: There was no asteroid!
The asteroid is fabrication perpetuated by evolutionists who are attempting to deceive people into believing that the Bible is wrong.

DB isn't far off, per AIG / Ham's take on it!

According to Ken Ham (https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/ ... nd-buried/), concerning the asteroid:

"The Chicxulub crater was formed when an asteroid impacted the earth during the global flood of Noah’s day, just 4,350 years ago. It didn’t lead to the demise of the dinosaurs. (Two of each land animal kinds, seven pairs of some, including those kinds called dinosaurs, were safe on the ark, but those outside the massive ship were drowned and buried by floodwaters.) The asteroid did, however, contribute to the violent reshaping of the earth’s surface (2 Peter 3:6)."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:38 pm DB: There was no asteroid!

DB isn't far off, per AIG / Ham's take on it!

According to Ken Ham (https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/ ... nd-buried/), concerning the asteroid:

"The Chicxulub crater was formed when an asteroid impacted the earth during the global flood of Noah’s day, just 4,350 years ago. It didn’t lead to the demise of the dinosaurs. (Two of each land animal kinds, seven pairs of some, including those kinds called dinosaurs, were safe on the ark, but those outside the massive ship were drowned and buried by floodwaters.) The asteroid did, however, contribute to the violent reshaping of the earth’s surface (2 Peter 3:6)."
What! DB isn't far off?????

I hit the nail on the head!!!!
I wrote:
You old earth compromisers are pathetic!

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, Rick, you nailed it - but did you already know their position, or was it just an educated guess (knowing Ham / AIG)?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:21 pm Yes, Rick, you nailed it - but did you already know their position, or was it just an educated guess (knowing Ham / AIG)?
Um...I used to be a YEC, remember? I've heard/read just about every way they attempt to fit things into the YEC worldview. Remember, it all MUST fit into the last 10,000 years. Grand Canyon, Carved out by Noah's flood. Meteors that pummeled the earth millions of years ago. Nope, 6-8 thousand years ago during the flood. Australian aboriginals have been in Australia for at least 60,000 years? Nope, impossible. They descended from Noah. Dinosaurs roamed the earth, millions of years ago? Nope. Noah had a Stegosaurus as a pet.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

So, Rick, what was your "ah-ha" moment or thing that changed your mind?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 pm So, Rick, what was your "ah-ha" moment or thing that changed your mind?
I was listening to the radio in my car one day, and I heard a Jewish man talking about yom. He said that it doesn't always mean "24 hour day".

That's when I started looking into the topic for myself.

-Edward R Murrow