KJV only version that's inspired?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: KJV only version that's inspired?

Post by Nessa »

How come all the 'free' Bible colleges seem like cults...

I enquired about a college and noticed all their scriptures were in KJV... Found out they believe KJV 1611 only perfect English Bible.

I always am suspicious of 'free' bibles too

Mormons will come to your house and give free labour...

Hare kristners will give free meals.

People may not like ray comfort...but I have great respect for someone who rides around on a push bike..could be rich but gives freely to others.. and lives moderately
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:24 pm He doesn't want to fleece the flock....
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa said:
Deary,

Nothing in life is free.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Nessa said:
Deary,

Nothing in life is free.
Whadda bout salvation y/:]
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I believe it was paid for... ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:24 pm
He may not want to fleece the flock, but he misleads people with a false gospel of works.
Who, Ray Comfort? I thought he was a good one. What are the works in his gospel?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm
Who, Ray Comfort? I thought he was a good one. What are the works in his gospel?
Nicki,

It's long, but gives good details of Comfort's false gospel.
https://www.redeemingmoments.com/2014/0 ... is-gospel/

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Nicki,

Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins'; he told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more; Paul wrote many times about not continuing in sin (eg Romans 6:1-2). We won't be perfect (as Paul wrote in Romans 7:19, about struggling with sin) but to me there's nothing wrong with telling people to turn from their sins as part of accepting Christ. Our sins are what we need forgiveness for; they're what God doesn't want us to do.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 pm I believe it was paid for... ;)
You knew what I meant ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Nicki wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm
RickD wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Nicki,

Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins'; he told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more; Paul wrote many times about not continuing in sin (eg Romans 6:1-2). We won't be perfect (as Paul wrote in Romans 7:19, about struggling with sin) but to me there's nothing wrong with telling people to turn from their sins as part of accepting Christ. Our sins are what we need forgiveness for; they're what God doesn't want us to do.
Nikki brings up some good points.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki,

If we can put your other points aside for the moment, and focus on one thing you brought up, because it gets to the very heart of my disagreement with Comfort's false gospel.
Nicki wrote:
Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins';
Where specifically, did Jesus preach by saying, "turn from your sins"?

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 am Nicki,

If we can put your other points aside for the moment, and focus on one thing you brought up, because it gets to the very heart of my disagreement with Comfort's false gospel.
Nicki wrote:
Thanks - I think that article's splitting hairs in a way though. Jesus' first recorded preaching in Mark included 'turn from your sins';
Where specifically, did Jesus preach by saying, "turn from your sins"?

He was in Galilee, so was speaking to Jews who were already believers in God. (I was reading from the NLT there, which was the version I had to hand - the NIV renders it as 'repent'.) I think I see where you're going there but that article talks about how we believers are all still sinners, and seems to say it's not even possible to turn from your sins. It also asks how someone can turn from their sins (and stop sinning) before they are even saved - that is, in the moments before they accept Christ. Surely though, if someone's attitude is that they want to accept Christ, they will want to turn from their sins - and how much sinning can they do in the moments between repenting of sin and being saved? y:-/
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

We must understand that before Jesus died on the cross and rose again the people were saved by the law or works and this is why Jesus would often tell people who claimed they followed the law to go and do certian things,like the rich man for instance. But after Jesus died and rose again he paid for our salvation in full,he fulfilled and lived the law and lived the righteous life for us, because we cannot. Once we are saved we become new creatures in Christ Jesus and old things are passed away and all things become new and it is being transformd into a new creature in Christ that makes us a Christian.Until this happens there is nothing a person can do to become a Christian.It is a miracle,a supernatural thing God does on the inside of the person that changes them into a Christian and it is nothing they did,but God did on the inside. This is why Jesus said "Unless a man be born again,he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.