Book About Celibate Gay Christians

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Book About Celibate Gay Christians

Post by Philip »

Interesting! https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... tians.html

Although I take exception to the idea that anyone IS gay or bi, etc. - as if they were created so.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Book About Celibate Gay Christians

Post by PaulSacramento »

So here is the thing, the science is out in regards to the genetic aspect of homosexuality.
The twin study shows that identical twins, with the same genes, in which one was gay, that the other wasn't.
It if was genetic then BOTH would be either gay or not, but that wasn't the case.
So, we do NOT know if homosexuality is genetic or, better put, we do NOT know to what degree it is nature vs/and nurture.

That aside, what IS a choice is acting on sexual desires.

So, even IF homosexuality is not a choice, engaging in homosexuality ( or any sexuality) IS a choice.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Anyone who chooses to be celibate, and can actually pull it off, has my admiration.

I don't know if I could do it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Yeah, I hear that.
During a particular phase of my Marital arts training ( an esoteric training regime from Chinese Kung Fu), I had to be celibate for one year and dude, that was freaking tough.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

What's wrong with you guys :p I used to be a very backsliden Christian and used to sleep with my girlfriends. I don't anymore.

But my point is that I have been single for quite a while now and am finding the no sex thing easier and easier. I am just trying to be as holy (don't mean to sound self-righteous when using that word) as possible. Just trying to do what would please God and even asking Him to take away those sexual feelings and it is working as I just don't need sex like I used to. It's a really freeing feeling.

Naturally if I got married things would change, but as it is now I am just fine.

I still don't agree with the Catholic Church's no marriage for priests policy though.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Stu wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 am What's wrong with you guys :p I used to be a very backsliden Christian and used to sleep with my girlfriends. I don't anymore.

But my point is that I have been single for quite a while now and am finding the no sex thing easier and easier. I am just trying to be as holy (don't mean to sound self-righteous when using that word) as possible. Just trying to do what would please God and even asking Him to take away those sexual feelings and it is working as I just don't need sex like I used to. It's a really freeing feeling.

Naturally if I got married things would change, but as it is now I am just fine.

I still don't agree with the Catholic Church's no marriage for priests policy though.
That's great that its getting easier for you but I think it would be misleading to say that's the way for everyone.

Some people will find certain things, no sex, drugs, alcohol etc a struggle for the rest of their lives but with God's help can overcome
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ness: That's great that its getting easier for you but I think it would be misleading to say that's the way for everyone.

Some people will find certain things, no sex, drugs, alcohol etc a struggle for the rest of their lives but with God's help can overcome
Very true! Our sin nature will automatically yield strong desires for sinful things - so is that a genetic component - and being human most certainly is a matter of genetics. And the level of overcoming will be proportionate to the level one depends upon God to overcome whatever thing - as opposed to only trying per their own determination and self efforts. And we all have bad stuff that attracts us.