How to feel more 'alive'

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Short1
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

How to feel more 'alive'

Post by Short1 »

Something that has been bothering me lately is having trouble with being in the moment. I feel more and more like the world around me is an illusion. Like what I see isn't there. I'm always in my head, and I feel like the world is fading away while I spend time in my imagination.

This is hard to describe.. but I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience. I'm thinking about going to confession and getting communion to reconnect with my life source because stuff just feels weird/lame/black and white right now.
Anybody else have problems with not feeling 'all there'?
Byblos
Old School

Re: How to feel more 'alive'

Post by Byblos »

We all at times feel disconnected and need to somehow reconnect. I always find that going to church helps tremendously but that's just me. If you feel it will, by all means do it. Also I would suggest that you talk to a pastor or priest about your spiritual journey and how you can enrich it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Dallas
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Dallas »

I have felt that many times in my short life. More from the fact of no one to talk to, but nevertheless. The thing that makes it happen to me is from what I imagine the world "should" be like, it isn't. So through imagination, we make it fit what it "should" look like. If not, it's just me than :). I think another reason would be is that from what scripture says about heaven we try to place that on this earth, and it doesn't fit. And you start to wonder, "Why is it so bad here?"

That's my take at least.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

CS Lewis once wrote: If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jestes wrote:CS Lewis once wrote: If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.
That's so simply true, jestes. :clap:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

You guys are so slow to catch on :shakehead:

:wave:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:36 pm You guys are so slow to catch on :shakehead:

How did you catch this, Nessa?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:35 am
Nessa wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:36 pm You guys are so slow to catch on :shakehead:

Once I realised that it was sounding like my old post, I just did searches
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:12 am

Now that we're on subject again, are you still feeling like this?
Something that has been bothering me lately is having trouble with being in the moment. I feel more and more like the world around me is an illusion. Like what I see isn't there. I'm always in my head, and I feel like the world is fading away while I spend time in my imagination.

This is hard to describe.. but I was wondering if anybody else has had this experience. I'm thinking about going to confession and getting communion to reconnect with my life source because stuff just feels weird/lame/black and white right now.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:15 pm
Nessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:12 am

Now that we're on subject again, are you still feeling like this?

This thread wasn't originally mine.... Just the movie one
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I had no idea how insidious and widespread are the use of bots - as they are cleverly designed to appear to be real people expressing real opinions, but are merely programs designed to influence, stir up trouble, mislead, etc. Wikipedia states that probably 15% of opinions seen on Twitter in the last election were not real people posting, but bots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_bot
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:13 am I had no idea how insidious and widespread are the use of bots - as they are cleverly designed to appear to be real people expressing real opinions, but are merely programs designed to influence, stir up trouble, mislead, etc. Wikipedia states that probably 15% of opinions seen on Twitter in the last election were not real people posting, but bots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_bot
Yahoo Answers is infamous for this. So many bots....spammers, scammers, child molestors, terrorists, etc. I am not making this up. I use to go there and there's a lot of good people but those above stick out like a sore thumb and Verizon/Yahoo/Oath does not seem to care.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Thatkid: Yahoo Answers is infamous for this. So many bots....
I'm guessing bots can post spam automatically? We get a lot of it on G&S.

BTW, Kid, did you ever go in the military - noticed you'd not been around for awhile. y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I just found out that my G&S account was hacked, and the last 20,000 posts under my name, were from bots.

-Edward R Murrow