Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Post by Philip »

Wow - the poo-poo is really getting to hit the fan now: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... bassy.html

What do you think? Smart idea? Right thing to do? Unnecessarily provocative political move? What? What would it practically accomplish or change beyond the backlash from the Muslim world?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Trump Moving U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem!!!

Post by RickD »

That may have crossed the line in the sand. Muslims may start attacking America now. Oh wait, never mind...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Philip wrote:Unnecessarily provocative political move?
Yep.
Philip wrote:What would it practically accomplish or change beyond the backlash from the Muslim world?
It'll probably play well with his base, but then every stupid, provocative thing he does plays well with most of them. it'll probably also pull Mueller and Flynn off the front page for a bit. And maybe give the Republicans in Congress some breathing room to try and get their tax bill in before too many people read it.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

FFABAC14-F3CF-4FCB-81C6-7547F0AAC880.jpeg
FFABAC14-F3CF-4FCB-81C6-7547F0AAC880.jpeg (239.49 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Since Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, isn't this move a show of solidarity with our only real ally in the region?

Isn't it a move that shows that the U.S. stands with Israel?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

We share intelligence and do joint training operations with the Israeli military. And Last year - under Obama - we agreed to give them 3.8 billion dollars a year in direct military aid for the next 10 years. That's the biggest aid package in US history. Is that not enough to show we care?

Moving the embassy is pointless, reckless, and needless. So typical Trump.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

edwardmurphy wrote:We share intelligence and do joint training operations with the Israeli military. And Last year - under Obama - we agreed to give them 3.8 billion dollars a year in direct military aid for the next 10 years. That's the biggest aid package in US history. Is that not enough to show we care?

Moving the embassy is pointless, reckless, and needless. So typical Trump.
You're saying that there's no point to the things president Trump does? He has no agenda?

He's literally the first POTUS with no agenda?

:lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

idk, with all this intel and billions of dollars we give them, sounds like an updated embassy is not much to ask for.

Oh but it’s trump doing it so we gotta be outraged
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:idk, with all this intel and billions of dollars we give them, sounds like an updated embassy is not much to ask for.

Only edwardmurphy is outraged. Ed's here to balance out ACB's butt kissing of Trump.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ed's here to balance out ACB's butt kissing of Trump.
Well, then, Edwardo really has his work cut out for himself! :pound:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Dems blast Trump for Jerusalem decision despite past support
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... pport.html

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:
Hortator wrote:idk, with all this intel and billions of dollars we give them, sounds like an updated embassy is not much to ask for.

Only edwardmurphy is outraged. Ed's here to balance out ACB's butt kissing of Trump.

There is a reason I support Trump,I mean,no President has been attacked and obstructed like Trump has since he got in this race.It is totally unfair and so I support Trump and have no qualms about it.I really do believe that Trump knows America has so much more potential than either party has given when they have had the chance.And now it is like nobody wants to go back to the same ol status-quo Republicans vs Democrats political game.

America can do much better than either party have done and Trump truly intends to have America prospering like we have never seen before.now,you may not think his ideas will get us there and that is a debate that can be had but Trump's ego is too much to doubt the fact that he wants to show that America can be so much more prosperous than it has been in a long time.

I also don't mind at all that he hits back when he is attacked first. I love his tweeting because he calls the media out on their failure to report on things,etc.I recomend that people pay attention to his twitter feed.He uses it to go over the media's head to talk directly to the American people. Kinda like what people said about Reagan that he would talk over the media directly to the American people,of course,there was no twitter when Reagan was President and we really only had three liberal news networks then.Trump just uses twitter to do it instead.

I love that he fights back instead of being the nice guy that always gets slandered in the end and next thing you know their reputation is ruined over lies and slander. Trump will not just take it,he will fight back and liberals and the media are not used to it.They are used to their constant attacks working to take out Republican opposition.So yeah,I support Trump. I might not support him as much if they did not treat him so unfairly,but they do.It is truly Trump Derangement Syndrome out there for those who don't like him and I want to see him prove all the naysayers wrong.Move over Donkeys and Elephants because we have us a Lion now.Let's start a new political party where a Lion is the mascot instead of a Donkey and Elephant.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Hortator wrote:Oh but it’s trump doing it so we gotta be outraged
You make me sad.

Hortense, I think you're smarter than this. Why do you suppose Clinton, Bush, and Obama all declined to move the Embassy? For that matter, why do you think the rest of the world also has their embassies in Tell Aviv? Because it was Trump?

The reason, young man, is that Jerusalem means as much to the Palestinians as it does to the Israelis, and if the world accepts Jerusalem as sovereign Israeli territory the possibility of any sort of peaceful resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict drops to zero.

So no, I'm not outraged, and my objection to this decision isn't that it's Trump, it's that it's stupid. Unfortunately Trump and stupid have a tendency to occupy the same space.

Oh, and if anyone should be outraged it's Jared Kushner. Trump told him to fix the Middle East, then he went and made it impossible. Thanks, dad.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member

Post by edwardmurphy »

Philip wrote:
Sorry, there's no way I can muster enough outrage to counter Abe's, um... let's say enthusiasm.

I think Trump is a terrible person and a terrible President, but at the end of the day there's not much I can do but wait until he inevitably screws up so horrendously that the GOP has no choice but to cut and run.

Although now the GOP is helping Roy Moore fundraise again, so I'm starting to suspect that there's literally nothing sufficiently heinous to get us to that point. If they'll support a pedophile to protect their majority then we've hit a point where morality is completely inconsequential and they don't care who knows it.

Oh well. This, too, shall pass, and sooner or later I'll get to say I told you so. And whether you (plural, Rick, plural) admit it or not, deep down you'll know I was right.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

edwardmurphy wrote:
Philip wrote:
Sorry, there's no way I can muster enough outrage to counter Abe's, um... let's say enthusiasm.

I think Trump is a terrible person and a terrible President, but at the end of the day there's not much I can do but wait until he inevitably screws up so horrendously that the GOP has no choice but to cut and run.

Although now the GOP is helping Roy Moore fundraise again, so I'm starting to suspect that there's literally nothing sufficiently heinous to get us to that point. If they'll support a pedophile to protect their majority then we've hit a point where morality is completely inconsequential and they don't care who knows it.

Oh well. This, too, shall pass, and sooner or later I'll get to say I told you so. And whether you (plural, Rick, plural) admit it or not, deep down you'll know I was right.

I like the fact that you actually think the lies and slander against Trump and even Roy Moore are working.Keep thinking that,because eventually you leftists will realize that the lies and slander no longer work.The left along with their biased media have cried wolf one too many times to where now even if they were actually telling the truth their credibility is so shot that nobody believes anything they say.Even if it were true about Roy Moore the people of Alabama know Roy Moore and do not believe the lies. You lefty's are going to have to change tactics because they have not worked since Trump got in the race and they are not working now. Nothing has changed since Trump won and the people who voted for Trump are not anti-Trump like liberals and the people who voted for Trump are still glad he is the President and not Hillary.

This is a good move by Trump to move the embassy to Jerusalem because Israel has always been any ally of America and after 8 years of Obama Israel needs to remember that despite Obama nothing has changed as far as recognizing Israel as a US ally.All Presidents have done it both Republicans and Democrats since Israel was formed and only Obama messed it up for 8 years.As a matter of fact,there was really no difference between how Bill Clinton and George W Bush treated Israel,but Obama went out on a limb and cut it off.It is actually one of many reasons that the Democrats were voted out of office and lost so much political power even before Trump.The American people did not like how Obama treated Israel.

It is up to muslims to fix their terrible public relations because you cannot see Islamic terrorist attacks in every country where muslims live and actually think that they should be rewarded for it. We don't see Jews carrying out terrorist attacks wherever they live in the world.It is up to muslims to fix their terrible public relations.It is their responsibilty if they want a seat at the negotiating table.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.