Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Christian ministries and missions that are inspiring or need prayer, as well as other social justice causes where Christians are living God's love and making a difference.
Blessed
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Postby Blessed » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 am

And why do Jews actively discourage Judaism conversion to Gentiles to the point of outright lying?

How have Jews managed to survive so long, so insular ..

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-ra ... us/?p=3961

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Why doesn't Judaism proselytize Judaism ?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Jews have long acted this way. Not sure why but I think it is to reduce corruption. Back in the day it made more sense as a number of Christians and other groups were against them.

Blessed
Established Member

Postby Blessed » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:33 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Jews have long acted this way. Not sure why but I think it is to reduce corruption. Back in the day it made more sense as a number of Christians and other groups were against them.

What kind of corruption?

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Blessed wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Jews have long acted this way. Not sure why but I think it is to reduce corruption. Back in the day it made more sense as a number of Christians and other groups were against them.

What kind of corruption?

Being influenced by the surrounding nations, in their view being corrupted from true Judaism.

Blessed
Established Member

Postby Blessed » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:06 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Blessed wrote:

What kind of corruption?

Being influenced by the surrounding nations, in their view being corrupted from true Judaism.

Then why does this attitude persist despite living in religious protected environments ....let alone environments where Jewish population is shrinking with intermarriage.

You can see the link i provided ...this is a common Rabbi response to a non-Jew asking about conversion/learning Judaism ... An insulting reply filled with lies intended to push the person away.

I am not aware of any other religion in the world who responds to people like this .. If there is a legitimate reason for this kind of reply I would love to know what it is...

Return to “Ministries and Missions”